International Cricket 2010 Discussion Thread

well i think we should not be much disappointed
the screens were not good but video does look promising

the way they are running between wickets,stumps going down etc looks good

also since many ppl have said here that patched version is a great improvement over basic one i think we should not be disappointed at all
patch implemented properly with some othet improvements is fine afaiac

also i read somewhere that u cannot use the advance shot right away and have to set ur batsman before using it to good effect
if it is so it is a huge plus as in AC09 batting was too easy becoz of advance shot

also batsman confidence changes quickly in shorter version of game

all in all we all will be buying it wether it is good or bad:laugh

Well lets see how monks take to getting hoodwinked by developers year after year? I am sure their supply of patience will run out. ;)

Some would say they already do get hoodwinked year after year, but then again atheists would say that!

How do the new cameras affect things/what angles are they?

Sorry it's taken a while to get back to you, but I've been hellish busy with uni work.

Batting
You can see from the screenshots the angle you get when batting. It's really good to see the bowler running in at you (animations are much improved) and you get a genuine sense of speed which you just don't get in broadcast camera.

Something I found when batting in this view is you actually get a far better sense of shot timing than on broadcast view. I think it's because there is a much better sense of depth, so you can judge your batting timing on how far the ball is away, rather than X-amount of time after bowler release, which is how it felt in broadcast view. It makes it feel less point-and-shoot, basically.

Also, when you miss/edge the ball, the camera pulls back rapidly, and you see the 'keeper take the ball in front of you. This is awesome for play and misses.

Bowling
Here you are viewing from around waist-high (or slightly higher) to the side of the bowler. You do all your aiming during the run-up, and just as the bowler lets go of the ball, the camera moves higher to be more over-the-shoulder (I may have remembered this wrong, though). I think if you beat the bat, the camera tracks down the pitch and follows the ball right into the 'keeper's gloves - though again I may have misremembered this - it all happens quite fast.

Overall, the batting camera is the better of the two, and I found it had a perceived impact on gameplay, so although it is one of those marketing 'gimmicks' ("This year we let you get right down to the action blah blah blah") it actually does make a difference.

LC could you comment on the bowlers action? Is it the same animation from AC09 or does it look a bit more fluid and realistic? In the trailer I saw a combination fo AC09 actions and some really good ones but don't know which to go by

Sorry it's taken a while to get back to you, but I've been hellish busy with uni work.

Batting
You can see from the screenshots the angle you get when batting. It's really good to see the bowler running in at you (animations are much improved) and you get a genuine sense of speed which you just don't get in broadcast camera.

Something I found when batting in this view is you actually get a far better sense of shot timing than on broadcast view. I think it's because there is a much better sense of depth, so you can judge your batting timing on how far the ball is away, rather than X-amount of time after bowler release, which is how it felt in broadcast view. It makes it feel less point-and-shoot, basically.

Also, when you miss/edge the ball, the camera pulls back rapidly, and you see the 'keeper take the ball in front of you. This is awesome for play and misses.

Bowling
Here you are viewing from around waist-high (or slightly higher) to the side of the bowler. You do all your aiming during the run-up, and just as the bowler lets go of the ball, the camera moves higher to be more over-the-shoulder (I may have remembered this wrong, though). I think if you beat the bat, the camera tracks down the pitch and follows the ball right into the 'keeper's gloves - though again I may have misremembered this - it all happens quite fast.

Overall, the batting camera is the better of the two, and I found it had a perceived impact on gameplay, so although it is one of those marketing 'gimmicks' ("This year we let you get right down to the action blah blah blah") it actually does make a difference.

Oi Hicks, are those your assumptions from looking at the trailer or have you been playing the dev version of the game ? If so , what platform are we looking at ?

Last edited:
Played one very early (pre-alpha) build in late January. Played a beta version a couple of weeks ago. Both versions were on PS3.

Played one very early (pre-alpha) build in late January. Played a beta version a couple of weeks ago. Both versions were on PS3.

Were there massive improvements from the early build to the beta version? What were some of the biggest improvements you saw (that you can talk about)?

And what were your overall impressions?

Is it possible that we can have Biran Lara 99 type game again, which does not have to be patched 1,000 times before its fun

You mean to say that , you went behind enemy lines to gather all that intel !!

Damn impressive work Sarge , you might as well enjoy the ummm.... services of 'Chesty' private Jane for that effort .

One word of advice though, dont hand over your 'Nuts' to her ....... she goes crazy when she is in a position of advantage ( Damn Russian Tactics Die Hard)

Col. Kabooks,
Over & Out

Users who are viewing this thread