MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Sounds like a bleeding mess to say the least.
The following is a much more poignant comment to take out of it than some bitter ex-employee,
Australian game development is a tricky and risky business without government support (unlike Aussie film and TV) that other countries have. Anyone working in the Aussie games industry knows that they may not have a long-term job when they are employed.

Considering how many people I know who do Games Development courses at my uni, I certainly hope that there is future change in the government's position, and as I certainly saw from the Transmission guys, there is huge passion in the industry despite the issues it faces. That's probably what made so many of them keep trying and form Trickstar.

There's some funding at the state level, that's why Melbourne is quite a centre for development, but it's nothing compared to what the so called "mainstream" entertainment gets.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
Good point here, AC09 did not help themselves with a lack of a cdkey. Anyone could download it from torrent and play online easily. Codies got what they deserved in that aspect.
Copy protections are largely a waste of time and frequently proven so. It takes so little time for a savvy cracking team to produce an un-protected release that they are usually released on the same day as, if not before the retail release. As such, the copy protections become increasingly more contrived and restrictive, in some cases, to the point that it is even considered malicious; this of course only affects legitimate copies, while pirated copies work painlessly.

drainpipe32

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
How many people would be willing to wait till November/December for a better product?

Covvy

Panel of Selectors
I definately would. The longer the release, the better.

Edit: Just noticed Heath, from the late Transmission games, is viewing this thread.

drainpipe32

Chairman of Selectors
Hopefully they run live console beta testing like they did last time. This time, I will be there!

P

pcfan123

I would prefer if they delayed it until the start of the Ashes, take your sweet time guys.

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
I could wait a while for a release to see them get it right and I would like to see them get an ICC License with 2007 WC, World T20 and CT :)

Params7

International Cricketer
Copy protections are largely a waste of time and frequently proven so. It takes so little time for a savvy cracking team to produce an un-protected release that they are usually released on the same day as, if not before the retail release. As such, the copy protections become increasingly more contrived and restrictive, in some cases, to the point that it is even considered malicious; this of course only affects legitimate copies, while pirated copies work painlessly.

You're missing the point. Games do get cracked on day 1 but only for offline play. Ashes 09 is pretty much the first game I've seen where you can download its illegal copy and play online in its official servers. Online is what gets people to actually buy the game after they've played the hell out of it in its offline/cracked version.

Last edited:
P

pcfan123

so that means December 1 is probably closer to the actual release date

CaptainOZ

Panel of Selectors
so that means December 1 is probably closer to the actual release date

Assuming the catching system will be retained, we need a throwing system for the fielders as well. It's something that's been in baseball games for many years and would be a natural inclusion for a cricket game.

Last edited:

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Here we go again. Another Cricket game from Codies. I hope they have learnt a few things with the disaster that was Ashes 2009. I wish they would not rush the game and release a bug free experience. I was very disappointed with Ashes. I gave up playing the game after a week or so because I could chase anything and found the bowling system to be below par. I hope they redesign the line and length system of Ashes.

Users who are viewing this thread