International Cricket 2010 news later today

theres a real chance that this game would be realsed in december ashes time, rather than this summer, as it doesnt make sence as england will be playing pakistan and bangladesh, which wount encourage the die hard fans for cricket

Well the site says this summer and all things till now have pointed to Q2 so I think it will be out well before December.

Infact, they should just release it next month because Fifa WC is going to take over the world soon after that. :D

lol this game looks like rubbish. actually "rubbish" is not quite true as AC09 did have some merits.

lol this game looks like rubbish. actually "rubbish" is not quite true as AC09 did have some merits.

Another well documented and researched post with interesting discussion points and valid arguments, with a clear overview of the reasons why.:sarcasm

i think this game will be out first week of august , thats my thoughts i thank you :yes

Domestic Team: Estonian Over 70's League Select XI

lol. would there even be 11 over 70's there that know what cricket is?

68293d1270730535-stuart-broad-front-international-cricket-2010-cover-ic2010coveruk.jpg

Anyone else notice the "Pal" format badge next to Broad's finger? Looks like the Xbox version will be region locked again :laugh

XBOX = Fail

Anyone else notice the "Pal" format badge next to Broad's finger? Looks like the Xbox version will be region locked again :laugh

XBOX = Fail

Not the first time Broad has given his pal the finger......

(Meh, I am getting worse!)

Actually he is thinking "geez this action cam provides such a realistic experience that I forgot all about stats" :p

He's saying "look, I just took a wicket and yet the stats aren't updated!!! WTF???"

Just a question, but do other sports games track stats 'as you play' rather than just in certain game modes, like season modes, etc.? I didn't think they did.

Also, CaptainOz, how would you see the stats tracking working? Would it be that every friendly you play gets added to the overall stats in the game, or just the updated stats are tracked in game modes, like Test series/World Cups?

I'm just interested to see how you think it might work, because if stats accumulated from every friendly Test you start playing, and only play for 10 overs before giving up because you started badly or whatever, that might be a little confusing.

Obviously I understand that series/tournament averages can be stored for each save-game, but for it to be worthwhile you need like 5-season campaigns don't you? Then you have the problem of what happens to the other teams you don't play as/against, so if you don't play as/against Bangladesh in-game, then their stats remain static. I guess you could keep them active by getting them from Cricinfo or something, but then should Cricinfo update England's stats if you play as England? Should they update stats of teams you're playing against?

Although the maths/programming behind tracking stats is fairly straightforward, how it might be applied in-game is a bit more difficult, perhaps.

I think stats tracking can be implemented like this.

If it's a ODI match, then stats shouldn't be added if you play a format below 50 overs. I know this sounds ridiculous but this would help prevent fun matches where you quit just because you didn't play well.

Secondly, stats should be updated only if the user finishes the match. One more thing I would like to add is the feature of not achieving unlockables in AC 09 if you start simulating the match. The same thing can be added to stats as well right?

Those are my little pieces of suggestions for stat tracking which I hope might help to create a fair display of stats. ^_^

Stats tracking for a Test series would be a start. Being able to check the stats inbetween test matches.

That is common sense to have in a sports game where you play a series of matches.

We have no option but to wait for a Future release to have stats tracking implemented in the game. I only wish that future falls within our life spans.:facepalm

Users who are viewing this thread