International Cricket 2010 news later today

Wrong person to ask, this guy could not even keep the official AC09 forum in check, its a laugh that he is posting here now.

'tis a reasonable request though, no? A good compromise for all parties. I'm quite happy with AC09's gameplay after the patches, but content is sorely lacking.

Your assuming that whatever they have designed will be easily compatible with the ac09 game. It might not be that easy and there is no incentive for them to do the extra work when they have a brand new game coming out.

Might just have to get this on 360 Steve

Your assuming that whatever they have designed will be easily compatible with the ac09 game. It might not be that easy and there is no incentive for them to do the extra work when they have a brand new game coming out.

Might just have to get this on 360 Steve

An opportunity to get a PS3 on the very cheap might arise soon - my mate is getting an Xbox 360 and will either give me or sell me his PS3 for a low price. I might take him up on the offer, as I know the source is reliable - I've known him for 15 years. It's not like taking a gamble on someone's 2nd hand PS3 when they're a complete stranger.

If that does happen, do USB keyboards/mouse work with PS3? If I did get his PS3, one thing I would get is Fifa 10, but having to use the gamepad in the management sections would drive me mad.

usb keyboards do work, but Im not sure if they work for games.

Just leave the ps3 for console type games and blu ray dvds and play management on PC. :)

glad your getting a ps3, you will realize how much cheaper it actually is than an xbox in the long run

Just leave the ps3 for console type games and blu ray dvds and play management on PC. :)

glad your getting a ps3, you will realize how much cheaper it actually is than an xbox in the long run

No, I meant for the management sections of Fifa 10. :)

An opportunity to get a PS3 on the very cheap might arise soon - my mate is getting an Xbox 360 and will either give me or sell me his PS3 for a low price. I might take him up on the offer, as I know the source is reliable - I've known him for 15 years. It's not like taking a gamble on someone's 2nd hand PS3 when they're a complete stranger.

If that does happen, do USB keyboards/mouse work with PS3? If I did get his PS3, one thing I would get is Fifa 10, but having to use the gamepad in the management sections would drive me mad.

I looked into this myself. The short answer is that it can be a hassle, depending on where you live in the world.

You can buy a keyboard and mouse that will be compatible with the PS3. But that doesn't mean it will be compatible with the game itself. At present there are only a handful of games that are compatible with a mouse and keyboard. However, there are other options out there:

1. ps3Predator - German product with restricted shipping locations but cheap at around 30 Euros I think. Very limited stock. Appears to be compatible with all PS3 games.
2. FragFX - has mixed reviews, US$90, available in the U.S. but can order online, limited stock however.
3. FragNstein - worth $90, free shipping within Australia, compatible with all PS3 games.

I'm thinking about getting option number 3. I'm such a PC gamer for first-person shooters, I am on a difficult learning curve with the PS3 gamepad. hMarka is absolutely right in saying that I should just increase my skills with it and "deal with it", but I would like to try the FragNstein as it has some good reviews and it should help my game immensely. I understand too that 99% of the PS3 gamers out there are using the gamepad, but I'm not trying to acquire an uneven playing field - I'm just trying to increase my playing field to something resembling "normal" rather than me getting killed 10-20 times per round.

Fiddling with the dual sticks in a FPS doesn't come naturally for me.

On the other hand, the gamepad is much better for sports games like AC09. I plugged in my Logitech controller for my PC version of the game, and wouldn't have it any other way.

Last edited:
Euch - sounds like it won't be as simple as I thought. Oh well, I could probably get used to it, if it means I get to experience the wonderful Fifa 10 PS3 version whenever I want. :)

MasterBlaster76 added 0 Minutes and 37 Seconds later...

Yes - no rip off Xbox Live crap!

I just ordered the FragNstein mouse. Although it doesn't have a keyboard, the 'nunchuck' you hold in your left hand looks simple enough.

Basically, the stick on the left is your A/W/S/D directional system, while the mouse is like any other mouse on the PC (look + shoot ect.). Both the mouse and the nuncheck have extra keys that you can bind to other actions, such as change weapon, crouch, grenade ect.

It should be here by next Friday. I'll let you know how it performs.

CaptainOZ added 13 Minutes and 55 Seconds later...

By the way Steve, the UK distributor for the FragNstein is here:

Fragnstein wireless Monster Controller for PS3

fragnstein-packaged.jpg

fragnstein.jpg

FRAGnStein2.JPG

CaptainOZ added 8 Minutes and 58 Seconds later...

And here is a review on Youtube. There are several related videos on the same topic. This system looks like a good setup to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why can't you guys just play on a normal controller? Or is that like doing a deal with the devil?

I just find aiming with the right analog stick awkward. I think Steve feels the same way.

The dual analog controller is fine for sports games, just a problem for me on first-person shooters.

Why can't you guys just play on a normal controller? Or is that like doing a deal with the devil?

I just find aiming with the right analog stick awkward. I think Steve feels the same way.

The dual analog controller is fine for sports games, just a problem for me on first-person shooters.

Spot on, Cap'n. The mouse just feels more natural to me - it feels more like how someone's head works as it moves around to fix on a target. The sticks just feel fiddly and robotic, but for sports games of course, they're perfect; not for the management sections though - again, using the mouse just feels more intuitive and certainly gets the job done faster - and I nearly always buy sports games for the Management mode as opposed to online.

Edit: It ain't cheap is it, Cap'n? :)

@Covvy - remember that most professional FPS gamers play on a mouse/keyboard combo - I have never watched an online FPS competition on TV where the players are using a gamepad - different story for the sports games. And if it's good enough for the pros.... :yes

Last edited:
@Covvy - remember that most professional FPS gamers play on a mouse/keyboard combo - I have never watched an online FPS competition on TV where the players are using a gamepad - different story for the sports games. And if it's good enough for the pros.... :yes

Homepage | Major League Gaming

Gamebattles.com - Top arenas with most players are Modern Warfare 2 PS3 and X360 platforms.

I guess it just depends on what you're most accustomed too. Analogue I find nowhere as tedious as you make it out to be. Final Fantasy is the most sold RPG series today, FF7 is regarded as the best RPG of all times, and these are all mostly console exclusives - so console menu management isn't all that bad.

As for FPS's they sell so much on consoles there's hardly any FPS that are still exclusive to PC's and its mostly a console genre now. MAG, Killzone 2, Halo, Resistance, its the consoles which are getting more and more big name FPS exclusives than the PC. And if I'm right this is happening to sports too now, Fifa WC 2010 SA, IC2010 aren't on PC either :p

may be the game is compatible with play station move or project natal where u can wave ur bat in front of ur tv :) or play with move controller , it will be interesting if they implemented but its highly unlikely

may be the game is compatible with play station move or project natal where u can wave ur bat in front of ur tv :) or play with move controller , it will be interesting if they implemented but its highly unlikely

not going to happen

Users who are viewing this thread