International Cricket 2010 news later today

You know what? I'm tired of all these discussions about IC10 not being on PC myself, but the more I see about the game the more ridiculous this decision seems. It looks like its only a touchup to AC09, nothing really groundbreaking. Probably half of the work was done in the Open Beta patches. They could just have made the same adjustments they're making in the console versions now, and released it for PC as well. Yeah, the sales would be low, but I'm sure they'd be enough to cover the publishing costs? There are no advertisements costs that I can see of anyways...

Very true, but if this game comes with a lot more content, plus some gameplay tweaks, it makes all the difference in the world.

Hang on, just a thought here.

Maybe the reason they're not releasing it on PC because you guys already have the game on PC? Its basically the beta in a box for us who missed out on the updates.

If it is, then I'll be very disappointed!

Maybe the reason they're not releasing it on PC because you guys already have the game on PC? Its basically the beta in a box for us who missed out on the updates.

You know, it really would not surprise me. Milk a cow until she's dry!:noway

Action Cam. That's a new thing not in the patched Ashes 09. And think about it, if its just a patched Ashes 09, that means little to no developments costs on PC - then why not release it on the PC and a make a little profit at the same time? They already have the product, the marginal cost of producing them on disks is nothing.

Or they don't want to bother with PC development costs because they probably won't see it return due to piracy :p

Greetings O' Reliance Employee :)

Damn, Those subcontinental Kits are WEAK !!! I'm one of those who can happily purchase a PS3 just for the sheer pleasure of playing any good cricket game with my friends. To me the gameplay is almost as important as a balanced visual presentation. And looking at the above given pictures all i can say is that these screens dont do enough justice to these sub-continental giants.

Cmon mate you know it, even if you dont have the official licensing the graphic artists could at least try to make something similar to the Indian & Pakistani kits . You just need to skip the sponsors right ?

If you wish I would be more than happy to provide you with some decent ideas regarding Kits for this game making them look realistic and balanced without violating any sponsorship issues that you may have.

A good console game is one which can provide the user the maximum amount of gameplay not only online but also offline. Sadly without a balanced graphic representation I can guarantee that most of the sub-continental (or non English/Australian) users will not be as hooked to the offline gameplay as the developers would like them to ( Unless you are talking about a World Class, 100% realistic single player gameplay mode) .

Either ways , im looking forward to the game ....... best of luck to you & to all TrickStar/Codemasters Employees :)

Codemasters, listen to this guy^^^. He's got talent and he'd make a significant improvement to your game.

I think it is a good move....who better to represent something that has lots of promise but fails to really deliver.....Stuart Broad!:p

:laugh

They are just trying to tap into the female and homosexual communities.

double :laugh :laugh

Action Cam. That's a new thing not in the patched Ashes 09. And think about it, if its just a patched Ashes 09, that means little to no developments costs on PC - then why not release it on the PC and a make a little profit at the same time? They already have the product, the marginal cost of producing them on disks is nothing.

Or they don't want to bother with PC development costs because they probably won't see it return due to piracy :p

If I were Codemasters that'd be my biggest worry, what % of people playing the game are legal? I'd say 20% possibly? Asia is a huge place, and pirates are rife, I'd say 20% is too high infact.

The action cam is a gimmick, its nothing if the game play isn't there, and if its a straight rip from Beta patch 2, then no loss for the PC user.

That's what I thought as well. But...
If I were Codemasters that'd be my biggest worry, what % of people playing the game are legal? I'd say 20% possibly? Asia is a huge place, and pirates are rife, I'd say 20% is too high infact.

The action cam is a gimmick, its nothing if the game play isn't there, and if its a straight rip from Beta patch 2, then no loss for the PC user.

There is one loss though. Loss of online play on the Beta Patches. Nevertheless, I'm not too fussed about action cam, so I reckon I'll be pretty happy buying just AC09 after my exams get over. Maybe I'll keep two copies, one with the BETA patch and one with the online capability.

It would be the biggest dissappointment if this game turns out to be AC09 with a few minor tweaks. Stats tracking AND expanded tournaments would be crucial additions.

Im just waiting for them to set a release date, that should provide a bit more of a clue as to how much time they have put into this.

I'm going with July 1, which was a tentative date stated by a gaming website. It also fits in with an English summer release.

So it would seem that around 6 months of work, at best?

quite frustating that its not in PC...all the previuos releases of CM were there in PC..i dont what happened to this

Hi all, Helios the community manager at Codemasters here.

Just wanted to give you guys a headsup that we have a bunch of new International Cricket 2010 related updates going live later today at around 2-3pm.

If you weren't aware, we currently have IC 2010 twitter and facebook pages up and running, so please join up if you use either of those two sites regularly :)

Facebook
Twitter

Any chance of IC 10's content being released as DLC for Ashes 2009 PC?

Users who are viewing this thread