International Cricket Captain 2009

if i remember rightly they closed their website last time aswell about a day before they released the game

Childish Things website still appears to not be working, but I spotted on the Games Warehouse website a preorder listing for Cricket Captain 2009 Ashes, listed as releasing 1st June.

Games Warehouse Cricket Captain 2009 Ashes - PC Game Buy Online Australia

Dont get your hopes up
Keep faith in Sureshot, I'm sure he will make a big flash announcement as soon as something is confirmed.

that is cricket captain ashes adition not international cricket captain:rolleyes:

The website is back up now, still slow though. I presume it's just server maintenance.

That other cricket game is by an Aussie developer and not us, not even heard of them or the game.

Guys, as you can imagine, there is a lot that Dean and I can't say, rest assured, you will get information once it can be released to you.

sureshot any new updates from chris and is this game release or not?:rolleyes::eek:

Also not working for me, could someone who has read it let us know the info?

Official Announcement: What's going on with ICC 09?
There has been some confusion lately over what is going on with the game.

Childish Things can confirm that Empire Interactive has gone into administration. As for how this will affect the game, we are not certain yet. Obviously decisions still need to be made about the release format, publishers and there are obviously legal matters to settle.

As far as development goes, the game is in the latter stages, so rest assured Childish Things are working hard to find a way to release the game as quickly as possible.

We understand that this is frustrating because certain game websites were talking about the game being released in early May, possibly even this Friday. Let us clarify that this was never the case. Childish Things have at no stage given any official or unofficial release date to the public or to retailers. All information you have heard has been false for whatever reason.

When there is news regarding the format and/or release dates, we will inform you of what is going on. We thank you for your patience during this time, this is the place to keep up to date with all news and information.

In addition, we'd like to thank you for all the messages of support received through emails and this forum. It's great to hear that so many people are as passionate about the game as we are.

Posted by aus5892.

Off the top of my head?

I'm sure Sureshot or aus5892 could clarify better than me but until one of those two arrives...

Basically Empire Interactive has gone into Administration. Basically there is some legal stuff (I think) and licensing type stuff needs to take place before the game can be released. All very boring I'm sure :p This will slow the release process slightly, as I'm sure you can understand :)

Until then we can only sit tight, wait for their website to start working consistently again and wait for any more announcements.

sorry for edits and deletes of posts :p am feeling more asleep than awake

Thanks to both of you for posting the info, and best wishes obviously to the people at Empire who have lost jobs.

Looking forward to the next game

Users who are viewing this thread