IPL - Transfer/Trade/Auction Thread

Personally don't see what all the fuss over Flintoff is. He's an excellent bowler but can't bat and plus he'll probably get injured midway through it knowing him...

His batting isn't that bad and would definitely suit the T20. Doesn't have to stay in there for long a few overs of his hitting and his team will have a good score.

Kolkata is now targetting

1.Jerome Taylor/Fidel Edwards/Shaun Tait (any 2)
2.Freddie
3.Hogg
4.Duminy/Owasis Shah

Lol, it's ok, don't trust WC, he thinks KKR are targeting and will get everyone :p.

Personally don't see what all the fuss over Flintoff is. He's an excellent bowler but can't bat and plus he'll probably get injured midway through it knowing him...

Flintoff has 5 Test hundreds and 3 ODi hundreds. He's just not had time to find his form with the bat in recent times. By the time the IPL comes round he should be far more comfortable with the bat and have some form behind him. To just say that he can't bat is ludicrous, he's also one of the best death bowlers in the world, and he also seems to be as good as over those ankle problems that have troubled him in the past, so I can't see him getting injured for a long time now.

Well if the theme of the previous IPL is to go by the big bucks are going to be massive flops. I'd laugh if Owais Shah does a Marsh and tops the IPL batting list. The fact England keep leaving him at 12th man or not giving him a good run is rather tragic. I'm hoping fringe players out perform some of the more established players...

Flintoff is easily more valuable than any English player as far as I am concerned. He adds certain charm and charisma to the team. I really hope Mumbai gets hold of him. We need someone in the class of Pollock to make up for his absence.

Well if the theme of the previous IPL is to go by the big bucks are going to be massive flops. I'd laugh if Owais Shah does a Marsh and tops the IPL batting list. The fact England keep leaving him at 12th man or not giving him a good run is rather tragic. I'm hoping fringe players out perform some of the more established players...

More than anything, I love the IPL for the domestic players that we hardly get to see. I hope Nayar goes ahead and tops his performance in the first IPL, and that Pujara gets a game, his strike in 2020s is great. Rahane is bound to get some games now, and Murali Vijay has been signed.

Plus, it would be awesome if Raiphi Gomez did well, in even, just one game. I'd be glad if he just got a game, to be honest.

Users who are viewing this thread