JJ3 .v. M_Vaughan's World Cup Predictions

JamesyJames3

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hello there, well, I know it's a bit late, but from now on I am going to predict the outcome (note: not score) of each game, and record my success. I will give a score, but it will be irrelevant.

First game:

Croatia .v. Brazil

In my opinion, the least interesting of the first round matches. Simply because I don't expect an upset, and expect Brazil to win comfortably. The gulf in class will become apparent, and Croatia will suffer as the game goes on, when the Brazilians start to excel.

Prediction:

Croatia 1-4 Brazil

Last edited:
How can you say its the least interesting match in the first round, Brazil are playing! The world Cup starts here!

Kev said:
How can you say its the least interesting match in the first round, Brazil are playing! The world Cup starts here!
yeah!this is the start!

and i suppose it could be brazil 3 - 0 croatia

Kev said:

I want to see real football where both teams are going at it all guns. Croatia will give them a game, but I expect a walk over! Goals are good, but not if its all going to be one way traffic (for the neutral that is!)

Drewska said:
From the game so far i see no one-way traffic..

Your making a judgement on 9 minutes of football Drew. Sit back and watch the whole game, then I will comeback and summarise.

Looks like you're going to be very wrong in your prediction

manee said:
Looks like you're going to be very wrong in your prediction

Not at all. Read the first post again. The score is irrelevant, I just put it there for fun.

Ook...now I understand...sorry for doubting the leader ;)

JamesyJames3 said:
Not at all. Read the first post again. The score is irrelevant, I just put it there for fun.

Next you will be saying that your opinion is irrelevant aswell, :p

Prediction was way off target. It was a battling win for Brazil, and Croatia put in a pretty decent performance, just as they did against Spain in the friendly a few days back.

JJ red card for you no where 2 goals, you into 4-1? :p

m_vaughan said:
Prediction was way off target. It was a battling win for Brazil, and Croatia put in a pretty decent performance, just as they did against Spain in the friendly a few days back.

Another muppet who can't read it would appear!!

First prediction was correct. Brazil winning comfortably on performance but not by scoreline. Not many clear cut chances in this one. Croatia when they worked them hit them straight at Dida and Brazil were at sorts for the whole game.

Anyway scoreline so far:

Correct 1-0 Incorrect

Tomorrow:

Germany .v. Poland

This will be a game of chances I think. I am basing this on the fact Poland will have to go for the win at some point and Germany being the host nation will be out to perform for a second time. We can see what the Germans can do from distance and Poland are a more than capable team, so be prepared for a good one!

JJ3 Prediction: Germany 2-1 Poland

Spain .v. Ukraine

One of the games of the first round for me this. Don't underestimate Ukraine, they are a superb team with some exciting young players to go with the experience and quality of Rebrov and Shevchenko upfront. Spain are not what they used to be, but are still one of the major forces. I predict for them to have a decent tournament and especially watch out for one man, Xabi Alonso as he sprays the ball around from the middle of the park.

JJ3 Prediction: Spain 1-1 Ukraine

Tunisia .v. Saudi Arabia

Both teams are an unknown quantity really. However, Tunisia have been an ever present in World Cup Finals as of late, and had success at the African Nations Cup not long ago. Should be an interesting tie.

JJ3 Prediction: Tunisia 2-0 Saudi Arabia

Last edited:
Torres + Reyes + Ra?l + Villa + Garc?a = 1 goal against the Ukraine? Are you mad? What did Spain "used to be?" They've been underacheiving rubbish for years! ;)

At least 2 for Spain. 1 for Ukraine if they're lucky.
:upray

Users who are viewing this thread