JJ3 .v. M_Vaughan's World Cup Predictions

JamesyJames3 said:
I have seen him play plenty of times.

Summary: Spain 4-0 Ukraine

Looking at the scoreline, you would think it had been a walkover. However, it wasn't, Ukraine were very very hard done by for the whole game. Shevchenko was called offside when he shouldnt have been with the score at 0-0, then a slight deflection led to the keeper not being able to keep out Alonso's header. The second took a huge deflection and at the pace it was going left the keeper with no chance. Ukraine then had another offside given against them which shouldn't. At 2-0 at half time, they must have held some hopes of getting it back, but the truely diabolical Swiss ref shot those hopes 2 minutes into the second half, sending off a Ukraine defender and awarding a penalty. The 4th goal was a touch of glass and credit to them. However, this game did not start at evens and Spain clearly got the rub of the green for the full 90 minutes.

Scoreline for JJ3:

Correct 1-1 Incorrect
You are establishing yourself as the worst football critic ever. Spain put in the most convincing performance in the WC so far. And what was good to see is the defence do well.

hondeyho said:
Liverpool are a big big team thank you very much, one of the best in Europe

Torres will go to a Spanish based club if anything, Liverpool is most likely as there are a lot of spanish players there.

Liverpool 5 Man U 1

Yes, Liverpool are a big team, but are probably still in the second band of worlds best.

m_vaughan said:
You are establishing yourself as the worst football critic ever. Spain put in the most convincing performance in the WC so far. And what was good to see is the defence do well.

I think you are looking a bit too much into the score on that one. Yes it was a good performance, I don't doubt that, but the first three goals (all will some level of luck) killed the game off and gave Ukraine no chance.

Most convincing performance, no, I don't think so. Most convincing scoreline, yes.

It's a matter of opinion this. I set up this thread as a bit of fun, to express my views as a huge football fan. I don't appreciate you looking down on me mvaughan and I think you are taking this too far.

I saw the full game, and I can safely say that the performance was the best ive seen in the tournament so far. And as far as luck is concerned, you need it in a cup tournament like this one.

Also Torres is as good a striker as anyone else. Just look back at his goals for Athletico in the past two seasons.

m_vaughan said:
I saw the full game, and I can safely say that the performance was the best ive seen in the tournament so far. And as far as luck is concerned, you need it in a cup tournament like this one.

Also Torres is as good a striker as anyone else. Just look back at his goals for Athletico in the past two seasons.

Read this post once more. It's all opinion, which is what I am doing. So why do you come in with comments like the one below? You have a very patronising attitude assuming you know best, which I highly doubt.

m_vaughan said:

JamesyJames3 said:
So why do you come in with comments like the one below?

Because you say stuff like this without any facts/figures or backing.

JamesyJames3 said:
Torres is good but not great.
JamesyJames3 said:
Oh yea, I don't doubt he's a good player, but not great in my opinion. Plus, it's not the big big teams that really want him (Chelsea, Man Utd, Barcelona, AC Milan). It's more the follow up clubs such as Arsenal, Liverpool, Inter Milan, etc.
Believe me they all would love to have him, but apart from maybe Chelsea and Barca, no one can afford him.

JamesyJames3 said:
Spain are a decent side, but not one capable of winning the World Cup in my opinion.
They been short of luck in past World Cups. Lets hope they are not as unlucky this time around.

m_vaughan said:
Because you say stuff like this without any facts/figures or backing.

Believe me they all would love to have him, but apart from maybe Chelsea and Barca, no one can afford him.

They been short of luck in past World Cups. Lets hope they are not as unlucky this time around.

Kev - Last comment on this...

Can't be bothered with you anymore. As I said, I am doing this for a bit of fun, clearly you have something against it. I have a wide range of footballing knowledge and study football modules at degree level. I am more than capable of stating my opinions and views on a game. To be called the worst critique ever after 2 games is very harsh and childish.

Next game is the game of the unknowns to most of us. Tunisia and Saudi Arabia, should be interesting, but expect Tunisia to win reasonably comfortably.

Summary: Tunisia 2-2 Saudi Arabia

I don't know who could have predicted this one. Especially after the success of Tunisia in recent times, and the terrible performance of the Saudi's in 2002. Tunisia started well, but their second half performance was simply not good enough and the Saudi's took their chances well. This result has done Ukraine a big favour if they had any worries about their remaining two games. On to tonights game, Germany .v. Poland. I expect goals.

It's allright JJ3, I was predicting same as you :(, never-the-less!! Comeback was Great!

Summary: Germany 1-0 Poland

What a great finish to the match, the pressure from Germany was full on and eventually Poland caved. Great ball in from the young right back to Neuville who slotted it home with ease. I predicted goals in this one and watching the game I was suprised there wasn't, Poland just seemed happy for the draw throughout the second half but Germany were desperate for the win and had chance after chance.

JJ3's Scoreline:

Correct 2-2 Incorrect

Tomorrow:

Costa Rica .v. Ecuador

Having missed the Ecuador Poland game last week Im not quite sure what to expect, however, I am guessing you will get the usually mix of flair, determination and speed that you get with most South American teams. Costa Rica played well in the opening game of the tournament but their defence wasn't good enough for my liking. Anyway, should be a hot contest and let it role on...

JJ3's Prediction: Costa Rica 1-2 Ecuador

England .v. Trinidad and Tobago

A must win for England in my opinion and I expect that result exactly. Trinidad impressed and members of their defence looked sharp against Sweden. However, I think England's attack will be too strong on the day and will lead to a comfortable victory. All eyes will be on Chris Birchall of Port Vale as he lines up for Trinidad and Tobago on a very proud day for himself and his family. And watch out for a possible appearence from the boy wonder later in the game.

JJ3's Prediction: England 2-0 Trinidad and Tobago

Sweden .v. Paraguay

Should be a good game this third one. Paraguay will be no push overs and will be looking for points, as will Sweden after their slip up in the opening game. It's important both teams get maximum points from this one so expect some attacking football.

JJ3's Prediction: Sweden 3-1 Paraguay

JJ3 is a Legend because he gives Sweden 3 goals, :p.

I am going for a draw in both the Costa Rica v Ecuador and Sweden v Paraguay games. England to win 1-0 against TnT, in what I believe will be another lacklustre performance.

Argentina v Holland. I predict this game will be a 3-2 0r 4-3 to Argentina

i know this game is a while away but what a game it will be especially if one of the sides needs to win to Qualify

What really surprised me was Podolski being taken off for Neuville. When I saw that, I figured Germany were trying to play for the draw. But Neuville proved me wrong ;).

Users who are viewing this thread