JJ3 .v. M_Vaughan's World Cup Predictions

I've nothing wrong with your predictions, and the Croatia vs Brazil one was correct in essence, but considering the fact that the Croatians have on of the fittest units in this competition, I was expecting them to stay in the contest. Brazil are obviously much better technically, individually and in terms of flamboyance, so I guess you were right in the sense that Croatia would fade away in that respect. Anyway, nice thread.

edgarisapimp said:
Torres + Reyes + Ra?l + Villa + Garc?a = 1 goal against the Ukraine? Are you mad? What did Spain "used to be?" They've been underacheiving rubbish for years! ;)

At least 2 for Spain. 1 for Ukraine if they're lucky.
:upray

Edgar, will you just wait for the game to finish and then I can analyse :p

But seeing as you asked so many questions - Spain are a decent side, but not one capable of winning the World Cup in my opinion. Ukraine are an underrated side and will run Spain close in this one. I think this especially as Spain's defence is weak (compared to others) and Shevchenko and Rebrov are capable of exploiting the weakness.

Torres is good but not great. Reyes has underperformed from the off for arsenal. Raul? Past it. Garcia is an in and out player and Villa I haven't seen so won't comment.

Another prediction going wrong then JJ3 :p, i will make sure i dont ask you for the Lottery numbers :D lol.

JamesyJames3 said:
Torres is good but not great.
I take it you'd never seen him play before then :p

But fair play to you on starting this thread, I'll enjoy reading your views as you are certainly not afraid to speak your mind :) I'll enjoy reading them even more when you are proved wrong though :D

Kev said:
I take it you'd never seen him play before then :p

But fair play to you on starting this thread, I'll enjoy reading your views as you are certainly not afraid to speak your mind :) I'll enjoy reading them even more when you are proved wrong though :D

I have seen him play plenty of times.

Summary: Spain 4-0 Ukraine

Looking at the scoreline, you would think it had been a walkover. However, it wasn't, Ukraine were very very hard done by for the whole game. Shevchenko was called offside when he shouldnt have been with the score at 0-0, then a slight deflection led to the keeper not being able to keep out Alonso's header. The second took a huge deflection and at the pace it was going left the keeper with no chance. Ukraine then had another offside given against them which shouldn't. At 2-0 at half time, they must have held some hopes of getting it back, but the truely diabolical Swiss ref shot those hopes 2 minutes into the second half, sending off a Ukraine defender and awarding a penalty. The 4th goal was a touch of glass and credit to them. However, this game did not start at evens and Spain clearly got the rub of the green for the full 90 minutes.

Scoreline for JJ3:

Correct 1-1 Incorrect

No way the Ukraine was even close. They had no hope and got what was coming to them. Spain took them to cleaners, plain and simple.
:D

Just out of interest where have you seen torres play then?
(Dont just say on tv, I mean which matches)

Kev said:
Just out of interest where have you seen torres play then?
(Dont just say on tv, I mean which matches)

I watch Spanish football reguarly, so I get to see him when Athletico Madrid play, however, it's impossible for me to say against whom from off the top of my head.

I expected Ukraine to do better, and I was surprised about Spain. I still think those two will qualify.

You must watch different matches to just about every scout in Europe then :p As its well known that loads of big big clubs have been after Torres for ages but Athletico just wont sell him.

Kev said:
You must watch different matches to just about every scout in Europe then :p As its well known that loads of big big clubs have been after Torres for ages but Athletico just wont sell him.

Oh yea, I don't doubt he's a good player, but not great in my opinion. Plus, it's not the big big teams that really want him (Chelsea, Man Utd, Barcelona, AC Milan). It's more the follow up clubs such as Arsenal, Liverpool, Inter Milan, etc.

Actually I'm pretty sure both Chelsea and Barca have made bids for him in the past. Plus Manure are said to be after him.

Liverpool are a big big team thank you very much, one of the best in Europe

Torres will go to a Spanish based club if anything, Liverpool is most likely as there are a lot of spanish players there.

Liverpool 5 Man U 1

Kev said:
Actually I'm pretty sure both Chelsea and Barca have made bids for him in the past. Plus Manure are said to be after him.

Well, that's something we will never know for sure unless it comes out for sure in the press. I know Liverpool and Arsenal wanted him. The Man Utd one was a rumour, Ferguson quashed that rumour at the end of season press conference.

Users who are viewing this thread