Lara or Tendulkar...who will be first?

Who will break Sunil Gavskar's record of 34 test centuries first?

• Brian Lara

Votes: 19 30.2%
  • Sachin Tendulkar

Votes: 44 69.8%

• Total voters

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Who will be the first to break Sunil Gavaskar's test record of 34 test centuries?
Sachin Tendulkar has got no test matches till October which are against Zimbabwe.
While the West Indies on the other hand have got the test series against South Africa(4) and Pakistan(2) this may.Then comes the away series versus sri lanka(2) which is lara's favourite.
Will Lara break the record before tendulkar.
He's got 27 tset centuries now.

It's gonna be tough.
but i'd like it if...sachin and lara both get stuck on 34 test centuries till india meets west indies later this year.
would be an exciting fight then.

Lara still has a lot of centuries to make.

But he's a terrific player and anything is possible.

gold639 said:
Lara still has a lot of centuries to make.

But he's a terrific player and anything is possible.

i agree lara has lots of centuries to make, but also anything can happen aswell because his not captain anymore so he doesn't need to think about his team while batting and the form he is in now i wouldnt be surprised if he beat tendulkar to it.

but really sachin should reach it first even though indias next test matche is ages away

I wish its Sachin Tendulkar but Lara is in with a good chance.

iceman_waugh said:
It's gonna be tough.
but i'd like it if...sachin and lara both get stuck on 34 test centuries till india meets west indies later this year.
would be an exciting fight then.

Ya surely. :boxing

Attachments

• ssdsds1.jpg
    ssdsds1.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:
Lara's still got to make 8 tons more in about 13 innings,a tough ask.
but seeing as there is sri lnaka down there you can count on 3 tons in that series.
Let's wait and watch.

Too hard for Lara. He has to get 2 centuries in every 3 innings. That means four centuries in three test matches. That is considering that West Indies don't manage an innings defeat in any one (unlikely) and the fact that fourth and fifth day pitches in Sri Lanka will deteriorate like mad. So it's probably going to be Sachin vs. Zimbabwe unless the latter get their ICC status revoked or something.

Sachin played well in the test series against pakistan and plus tendulkar only needs 1 more century and he is not far off!

Sachin must play casually and not for the record.

He's been dismissed 2ce on 52 against pakistan.If it had come in the same innebgs then 52+52=104 & record beaten.But didn't happen.

I go for Lara.
Sachin is going to be missing like this a lot in future in his current form.

Tendulkar is a great batsman and does deserve to get the record..........................however he hasn't carried a team of half ased players like Lara has. So in some respects, Lara deserves it.

Ten will prob git it first tho i reckon.

I really doubt Lara will get there this summer when I'm sure Tendulkar will beat the record this fall. Even though Lara has more matches its always hard to score 100s. Sachin has a higher chance of getting there first according to me

The actual question is who will end up with more. It would be great if Lara gets very close to the record by the end of the Sri Lanka series--perhaps 31 or 32. Then it will be a great cricketing record contest like Warne vs. Murali for highest wickets. They are neck to neck on runs, too, although Lara has a chance to build up a big lead now. I reckon Lara will probably be first to 11000 runs, though.

Lara doesn't have a chance.sachin will get it first.And deserves to get it first.though i'm sure Lara will be the next person to get 35 tons.

Users who are viewing this thread