Lara or Tendulkar...who will be first?

Who will break Sunil Gavskar's record of 34 test centuries first?

• Brian Lara

Votes: 19 30.2%
  • Sachin Tendulkar

Votes: 44 69.8%

• Total voters
sohummisra said:
The actual question is who will end up with more. It would be great if Lara gets very close to the record by the end of the Sri Lanka series--perhaps 31 or 32. Then it will be a great cricketing record contest like Warne vs. Murali for highest wickets. They are neck to neck on runs, too, although Lara has a chance to build up a big lead now. I reckon Lara will probably be first to 11000 runs, though.

Agreed. I personally don't think Tendulkar is going to catch Lara in terms of runs until Lara retires.

or like between bangladesh and zimbabwe............actually forget i ever siad anything, lol

Notice that if you don't click the Post button, your post does not get submitted. So if you want us to forget what you said, you can just save us the trouble by not posting it to start with. Dig?

I know sachin has more chances of breaking that record.But India won't be playing for a long time right.So brain Lara might have time to catch up won't he?

andrew_nixon said:
Could be tough considering that Brain Lara hasn't played a Test yet. Who does he play for? Is he related to Brian? ;)
I think he is andrew:D

anyways, I think Sachin will reach the record first, but Lara will make the highest number of test runs, something even the great indian maestro wont be able to reach.

any cric8 fan will agree ,lara was robbed of hi chance to close in on bradman.he didnt make his debut @ age 16.wi had haynes,greenidge,richards and logie then.he was solidly robbed.sachin had some luck.when has the wicb behaved in a sane manner.dis lara vs tendy thing goin nowhere.lara is the king.

Lara was robbed of his chance to close in on Bradman? Bradman had an average of 99.97 (is that correct?)...Lara could have got that average regardless of when he started if he was as good as the Don. He obviously isn't. If Don Bradman had played a full career, I doubt there would be any records that wouldn't belong to him. And nice try with the provocation about Lara being the king. Nice...nice... I'm not going to get sucked in though.

sarwan said:
any cric8 fan will agree ,lara was robbed of hi chance to close in on bradman.he didnt make his debut @ age 16.wi had haynes,greenidge,richards and logie then.he was solidly robbed.sachin had some luck.when has the wicb behaved in a sane manner.dis lara vs tendy thing goin nowhere.lara is the king.
Good point there mate, but cant imagine again a batsman getting an avg of 99.96

where did i mention average????don has 12 200's(59 matches!!!!),2 300's.i was reffering to that.this thread is abt 100's not averages.

no probs.watch out for the prince in second innings.

Users who are viewing this thread