Last Movie You Watched

"Olympus has Fallen". Popcorn entertainment flick in the lines of "Air Force One", "24", etc. Its not a great movie, but I thought it was a good ride while it lasted. In India, we call these types of popcorn flicks as "masala movies" and this was a well made masala flick. I really loved the way Gerald Butler portrayed his character of Mike Banning. His was the Jack Bauer type character, and he had the looks, acting and charisma to pull the character off superbly. Butler lifted the movie several notches. I didnt like that President guy too much, but Morgan Freeman was good as he always is.

Overall, fun flick that can be watched once for sure. 3.5/5

Just watched Winter's Bone. Good film and Jennifer Lawrence is superb in the lead role.

G.I Joe : Retaliation

Bloody great movie . Great acting by Johnson , a very good story line , sad to see Duke die :( .

I saw the television series of Laurel and Hardy , awesome acting though by both of them . :clap

Argo- Helluva Thriller Directed and acted by Ben Affleck as the protagonist. The movie is based on a True story and man! It Kept me on the edge of my seat till the end....Awesome Direction and screenplay, Affleck has again(for the third time to be accurate) proved his mettle in these departments of Filmmaking. His first two attempts are the notable "The Town" and 'Gone Baby Gone'. Two thumbs up for Argo! I would give it 4 on 5.... Hats off to affleck!! :clap

"Zero Dark Thirty". Mixed feelings about the film. There were parts of it which were very impressive, yet when the movie ended, I didn't know whether I liked it or not. The background narrative got on my nerves on quite a few places, and gave it a documentary feel which was not quite attractive IMHO. And the movie was quite slow and dragging at many places which tests your patience.

But the acting was splendid at quite a few places, and the dialogues were spectacular in bits and pieces. Take this for a sample "I am that mo---r f--k-r who found that house Sir" said by the lead female protagonist to one of the heads of the CIA who was in charge of the operation to capture Laden. So-so movie, could have been a lot better.

Ingmar Bergman's "The Seventh Seal". Awesome Movie! Excellent story and Portrayal Of the Minds Of People and their fear of death... :thumbs

Users who are viewing this thread