Last Movie You Watched

Sulaiman7

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Watched Ouija and Guardians of the Galaxy.

Guardians of the Galaxy:- Really loved that movie. The story, the act according to the situation, the graphics and everything else was perfect. I'd say that this is the best Marvel movie till date, giving 10/10.

ouija:- Not what I really expected. Was expecting a lot of horror scenes and not jump scenes which I really hate. However, the story didn't go the way I predicted it to which is why I'll give it 7/10. Some surprises and jump scenes and that's it. There were also some act faults or script faults, some people didn't react the way they were supposed to, might depend on people.

Varun

ICC Board Member
I watched Interstellar a few days ago. Definitely not Nolan's best overall, and it doesn't have the staying power that according to me, TDK, TDKR and Inception possessed (I don't see myself marveling about the movie a few months or years in time), but being someone from a relatively strong physics background, the accuracy and effort that went into the 'science' part of the science fiction completely impressed me. Obviously there comes a point in the movie where the science transcends into pure science fiction, but that transition is both smooth and clear. Having a brilliant physicist such as Kip Thorne as a scientific advisor (as well as an executive producer) worked out rather greatly for the movie. The landscapes depicted were beautifully and creatively done as well. It excites me that physics was so intricately (and well) implemented as well. The story was good as well, healthily emotional, apart from a few disappointments here and there, but it's nothing new without the science fiction that complements it.

In the end, I loved the movie, but not as much as I do Nolan's other work. Whether that changes or not, time will tell; however, I'll re-watch the movie and pay attention to the parts which interest me and nuances I might have missed.

Sulaiman7

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Watched The Babadook. I'd say that it's the best horror movie so far this year, almost no jump scenes and the story was too unpredictable (apart from the ending which almost predictable in all the movies). No really flaws in any field. A recommended movie to horror-movie lovers.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Watched Interstellar, and loved it. The science but were great, but the sci-fi climax was just fascinating and very creative. Loved the whole idea of it. Fantastic

But what I loved the most was the way Nolan handled the inter-character relationships: Cooper-little Murph-older Murph angle was brilliantly done.

For instance:
The scene were Cooper is looking at 23 years worth of tapes from his is so brilliantly shot. Nolan captures the gravity of the situation (pun intended) so well .. Had a lump in my throat when you see the older Murph saying she wanted to remind him that they are pretty much the same age now. Heart wrenching

The bit about Love transcending all science was really nice touch as well. Loved it. The visuals were spectacular. Never has IMAX been used to well. Will watch it again next weekend. The score was perfect in most places, but was also a bit weird at times - too loud to hear the mumbling of characters. But apparently Nolan intended it to be that way

Sulaiman7

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Finally watched Interstellar. The best movie in this year. And yeah the science was brilliant, visuals were spectacular. Time went and people spent it but humans stayed just like before, enemies even being the same. For something, this movie reminded me of the Alien movies which I saw a week or two ago and good to know that Nolan was influenced by Aliens. My understanding got a bit rusty in the end so will have a look at the ending again. Really loved it!

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Sin City: A Dame to Kill For

Was pretty average. The noir-style was decent, but definitely did not have the freshness of the first movie. Plus JGL's track did not fit in with the overall big picture make it seem pointless

Good performances by JGL and Eva. Rourke was pretty mediocre when compared to the first one. Alba was eye candy (although Eva beat her big time in that department as well)[DOUBLEPOST=1416841076][/DOUBLEPOST]Also watched Guardians of the Galaxy again. Absolute thrill ride once again. Chris Pratt is on way to being a big star. Excited for Jurassic World just because he is the lead in it.

KrishnamurthiN

Club Captain
Millers' Crossing- Awesome movie! Absolutely slick!!
Guardians' of the galaxy- Didn't like it overall but it was good at some places.
Interstellar- Superb SciFi drama by Chris Nolan which I enjoyed and loved to the core!

Ohm

User Title Purchaser
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Watched Gangster Squad for couple of times this week. Loved it.

D

Deleted member 149013

Dawn of the planet of the apes, now it was good but when I saw the apes riding horses it looked a bit stupid.
Silver linings playbook I liked it strong storyline.
Guardians of galaxy was ok the soundtrack maybe the best bit about it.
Need 4 speed that was good action and not over the top.
The Hobbit films are a big no, not like the lord of the rings trilogy which I think will get classic status.
and Christmas fast coming so no doubt Its a wonderful life will be watched again.

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
The Hobbit films are a big no, not like the lord of the rings trilogy which I think will get classic status.
Totally agree. Really disappointed by The Hobbit films, nothing will ever beat 'The Fellowship Of The Ring' in my opinion.

D

Deleted member 149013

Totally agree. Really disappointed by The Hobbit films, nothing will ever beat 'The Fellowship Of The Ring' in my opinion.
3 films from one book? Very short on material the scenes are dragged out and the cgi is over used. It is hard to believe that its the same director, I know was looking forward to them myself.

Ohm

User Title Purchaser
PlanetCricket Award Winner
The Last Legion, crap. Picked that one because it is a war based and somewhat I came to know Aishwarya Rai had worked in it before having decided to watch. That movie is big fail nearly in all categories. I wouldn't even call it a movie from 21st century as it doesn't even meet the basic expectations of audience.

Waiting for Exodus anyways. The movie seems way too different from what we had seen in past, in war based films from hollywood. :)

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Hunger games( mocking jay 1 ) - it won't disappoint you of you are follower of hunger game series. Good one.

Big Hero 6 -cute one

Users who are viewing this thread