Latest Patch now available for PS4 (1.06) & Xbox One (1.0.0.7)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent to hear batting is now awesome, is there a thread that details these sliders or can I be pointed In the right direction as I have trawled various posts but can’t find these optimum settings... :(

Last few pages they are there its something like:

Legend
Marker at 10
Timing at 50
Footwork 70
Ball Influence 90
Shot Choice 90

Think that's where I finished up!

I nicked off 6 times in my 251[DOUBLEPOST=1513594556][/DOUBLEPOST]Keep giving feedback guys, interesting to hear

Here you go. Gentlemen mentioned in the quote had these numbers for the sliders

Edges are fine!

Have to disagree on that one. They are not and batting is too easy. I don't have to play a specific way to somehow get an edge. As I've shown in my video, even with batting modifiers near max with ball marker, I was able to smash the bowling like an arcade game. I don't want to play with pitch markers or with marker/display time reduced to an extent I don't enjoy batting and have to nearly pre-meditate, or increase the pace of the ball to 120 mph + etc.

I want to have a decent batting experience similar to DBC 14 or DBC 17 without pre-meditation using ball/length marker and have realistic gameplay. I'm not able to. If there's only one way of producing edges then Big Ant needs to call it out and remove other options coz they are useless IMO.

Just finished my first match on the new patch. Best match till date. In the process of editing now. Very excited to share the video.
Thanks @BigAntStudios . Brilliant patch.

Have to disagree on that one. They are not and batting is too easy. I don't have to play a specific way to somehow get an edge. As I've shown in my video, even with batting modifiers near max with ball marker, I was able to smash the bowling like an arcade game. I don't want to play with pitch markers or with marker/display time reduced to an extent I don't enjoy batting and have to nearly pre-meditate, or increase the pace of the ball to 120 mph + etc.

I want to have a decent batting experience similar to DBC 14 or DBC 17 without pre-meditation using ball/length marker and have realistic gameplay. I'm not able to. If there's only one way of producing edges then Big Ant needs to call it out and remove other options coz they are useless IMO.

Are you using standard batting control?

Are you using standard batting control?

No I'm not. I'm using Classic controls.

And that's not the right question to ask IMO. The control scheme should not have impact on core gameplay elements like amount of edges. On a green seamer I should expect to edge be it Standard or Classic control.

He was talking about bowling

But with the settings I was using I wasnt pre meditating and nicked off a few times?

But with the settings I was using I wasnt pre meditating and nicked off a few times?

My whole point is that I should not have to play only a certain way to get edges. It's akin to coming up with my "house rules" to make the game work. I don't have to change the way I played DBC 14 & 17 just to get realistic games. If that's the case Big Ant should remove the options which don't allow you to reproduce realistic gameplay. You've seen the video I put up to make my point. Was I doing anything wrong? If yes, Big Ant has to clarify how exactly we are supposed to play so that you don't end up 50/0 in 2 overs on 'Legend' difficulty level with batting modifiers ramped up to near max.

Users should not be forced to play with one hand tied behind their back (i.e. use pitch marker, reduce the marker display time, increase the ball speed etc.) for the game to work as it should. If that's the case what's the point of having all these options & modifiers? I'm sorry but batting needs to be looked at and worked on as the bat-ball balance is definitely off.

I forget, why did they add custom sliders again?

My whole point is that I should not have to play only a certain way to get edges. It's akin to coming up with my "house rules" to make the game work. I don't have to change the way I played DBC 14 & 17 just to get realistic games. If that's the case Big Ant should remove the options which don't allow you to reproduce realistic gameplay. You've seen the video I put up to make my point. Was I doing anything wrong? If yes, Big Ant has to clarify how exactly we are supposed to play so that you don't end up 50/0 in 2 overs on 'Legend' difficulty level with batting modifiers ramped up to near max.

Users should not be forced to play with one hand tied behind their back (i.e. use pitch marker, reduce the marker display time, increase the ball speed etc.) for the game to work as it should. If that's the case what's the point of having all these options & modifiers? I'm sorry but batting needs to be looked at and worked on as the bat-ball balance is definitely off.
I understand what your saying, but I think of it this way: if a professional batsmen knows what line and length the bowler is going to bowl before he releases it you would probably see 0-50 off 2 overs a hell of a lot. So realism wise it's pretty accurate to have almost no time to pick your shot

I disagree with that statement

I can back it up with the video below... check out the batting sliders at 0:15 in the video with majority of batting sliders set to 100 (max) and timing set to 65 and then watch what happens on the first morning of a Test on a green, soft pitch in overcast conditions. If this is how modifiers/sliders are supposed to work and that's the max difficulty level there is something wrong as I've mentioned earlier.

I think this video should be proof enough that the modifiers don't work and there's an imbalance between bat & ball.

Last edited:

You can atleast try playing using game modifiers until the game is fixed. You may like it. It just takes 2 mins to set the game modifiers.
Even i has the same impression like you. I never used modifiers in dbc14 or 17 or ashes cricket until couple of days. But my opinions changed after started using the modifiers. You may not see so many edges but sure they are there. Also with modifiers and shot force 10 you may hit few easy sixes but you will also get caught out in the deep after few sixers.
Atleast this is happening for me and i m happy about it. Hope it helps you as well.

I understand what your saying, but I think of it this way: if a professional batsmen knows what line and length the bowler is going to bowl before he releases it you would probably see 0-50 off 2 overs a hell of a lot. So realism wise it's pretty accurate to have almost no time to pick your shot

Let me put it this way... most "professional" batsmen know that Hazlewood or Anderson is going to pitch the ball on or outside off on a green, seaming pitch but that wouldn't make it any easier to bat. Now if you are suggesting in a video game we should not have any information about line/length then I disagree coz that would be akin to going back to DBC 14 where you simply used to pre-meditate playing on front foot and mostly on leg side coz you saw the marker too late for it to be of any use.

In a video game you need some information to gauge line & length so you can play the appropriate shot without pre-meditating. Doesn't mean I can cover drive a good length delivery with impunity on a green seamer without any repercussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread