Latest Patch now available for PS4 (1.06) & Xbox One (1.0.0.7)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ignore my last comment. Try also setting shot force to 10 with these modifiers and see if it helps.

You can atleast try playing using game modifiers until the game is fixed. You may like it. It just takes 2 mins to set the game modifiers.
Even i has the same impression like you. I never used modifiers in dbc14 or 17 or ashes cricket until couple of days. But my opinions changed after started using the modifiers. You may not see so many edges but sure they are there. Also with modifiers and shot force 10 you may hit few easy sixes but you will also get caught out in the deep after few sixers.
Atleast this is happening for me and i m happy about it. Hope it helps you as well.

I was disputing Wealey's comment that "Edges are fine!" Coz if we don't highlight the issue then it won't be fixed. Currently they are not. And by the way I did use modifiers and they don't work as shown in the video in my previous post. If you are asking me to change the way i play the game, i.e. using pitch marker instead of ball marker then it's nothing to do with modifiers.

Also please verify whether modifiers are showing enabled after the match is started. Sometimes the settings will be disabled.​

Ignore my last comment. Try also setting shot force to 10 with these modifiers and see if it helps.

I did but it still doesn't induce edges. I can still score runs easily but only that the RR is lower.[DOUBLEPOST=1513703193][/DOUBLEPOST]
Also please verify whether modifiers are showing enabled after the match is started. Sometimes the settings will be disabled.​

It was enabled and I confirmed the same by increasing & decreasing the ball marker display time and it was changed and that's how I knew the modifiers were taking affect.

I was disputing Wealey's comment that "Edges are fine!" Coz if we don't highlight the issue then it won't be fixed. Currently they are not. And by the way I did use modifiers and they don't work as shown in the video in my previous post. If you are asking me to change the way i play the game, i.e. using pitch marker instead of ball marker then it's nothing to do with modifiers.
I am hoping that bigant is aware of this issue and i hope they will fix it in next 2 patches.

I am hoping that bigant is aware of this issue and i hope they will fix it in next 2 patches.

That's what I want to do as well and hence my response to the comment that things are not fine. If we keep on justifying the bat-ball balance the way things stand we will be doing ourselves and Big Ant a disservice. I try to be as objective as possible and that's what I've done as part of my bug report & thread about the batting.

It's one thing to come up with a short term fix to play a certain way but it's another thing to say the game's all fine coz clearly it is not.

Beats me coz they surely are not having an impact at the moment.

Yeah I disagree as well, as changing them has changed quite a few people's batting experience.

I agree batting needs a little look at but saying modifiers don't work is not true they do.

Wouldn't say it was making you play with one hand behind your back. I have made the game harder by changing them and now I nick off.

The base version, I accept is too easy and sixes are too easy.

In a nutshell,

The settings I used, I wasn't pre determined, I found it hard, I nicked off 6 times and was authentic test match cricket.

Some could argue I just made the game harder. Which is what the sliders are for?

Your saying you don't want ball marker set lower than 26? Why not?

In a nutshell,

The settings I used, I wasn't pre determined, I found it hard, I nicked off 6 times and was authentic test match cricket.

Some could argue I just made the game harder. Which is what the sliders are for?

Your saying you don't want ball marker set lower than 26? Why not?

Coz based on my tweaking the ball marker display time that was the setting when I was able to get the input on time. If I dropped it lower I was late on shots most of the time. On the hardest batting difficulty (with batting sliders maxed for most gameplay elements) I should not be able to cover drive a good length delivery outside off against a new ball on a green pitch without any risk. That's the fundamental problem.

As an example on a green seaming pitch I know likes of Hazlewood & Anderson would pitch it on a good length on off. They could tell me the exact spot where they will land the ball but it will still not be any easier for me to bat coz the ball will seam/swing and make cover driving an experience fraught with risk. That's the gap at the moment. If you want to look the other way and find options like playing with pitch marker instead of ball/length marker or reduce the display time so be it. But it hides the fact that the balance between bat & ball is not there. There should not be any way (on higher difficulty levels at least) that I should be able to cover drive top bowlers with impunity on a green pitch in overcast conditions.

Last edited:
Coz based on my tweaking the ball marker display time that was the setting when I was able to get the input on time. If I dropped it lower I was late on shots most of the time. On the hardest batting difficulty (with batting sliders maxed for most gameplay elements) I should not be able to cover drive a good length delivery outside off against a new ball on a green pitch without any risk. That's the fundamental problem.

As an example on a green seaming pitch I know likes of Hazlewood & Anderson would pitch it on a good length on off. They could tell me the exact spot where they will land the ball but it will still not be any easier for me to bat coz the ball will seam/swing and make cover driving an experience fraught with risk. That's the gap at the moment. If you want to look the other way and find options like playing with pitch marker instead of ball/length marker or reduce the display time so be it. But it hides the fact that the balance between bat & ball is not there. There should not be any way (on higher difficulty levels at least) that I should be able to cover drive top bowlers with impunity on a green pitch in overcast conditions.

Yeah that I agree with... I did that tbf.

Yes they are fine as grounds are small in T20. You can try and see if that helps. If not you can increase to 15 or 20
Yeah I disagree as well, as changing them has changed quite a few people's batting experience.
Even with pitch market to 10 and all that modifiers stuff the sixes will come easily against spinners and medium pace bowlers, in orders after dealing with pacers you are back to the base version..and can hit sixes as per will..which doesn't solve the problem..

I agree batting needs a little look at but saying modifiers don't work is not true they do.

Wouldn't say it was making you play with one hand behind your back. I have made the game harder by changing them and now I nick off.

The base version, I accept is too easy and sixes are too easy.
. Even with pitch market to 10 and all that modifiers stuff the sixes will come easily against spinners and medium pace bowlers, so after dealing with pacers you are back to the base version..and can hit sixes as per will..which doesn't solve the problem..

I'm not sure why we are comparing gameplay modifiers for batting when we all have totally different abilities? That's what makes this game such a triumph from the get go, that it even gets close to batting realism.

I've bowled as both teams and am likely to have two test matches that finish on the final evening of the fifth day.

Ugh good grief. I had a beautiful dismissal after West Indies were 257/1. Nick down the leg side off a glance, keeper dives. Press X as soon as the umpire gives him out. I was desperate to see the replay. And it's a dot ball, nobody out.

Can I ask very politely what on earth a bug like that is doing still in the game? Very frustrating after toiling for hours.

Ugh good grief. I had a beautiful dismissal after West Indies were 257/1. Nick down the leg side off a glance, keeper dives. Press X as soon as the umpire gives him out. And it's a dot ball, nobody out.

Can I ask very politely what on earth a bug like that is doing still in the game? Very frustrating after toiling for hours.

same happened to me in a game with lots of overs without a wicket. Maybe you can change the team that you control and lose a wicket with the same batsman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread