Latest Patch now available for PS4 (1.06) & Xbox One (1.0.0.7)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am finding standard controls pretty easy to bat with in career mode (on Hard) but classic controls much more challenging (esp limited overs).[DOUBLEPOST=1513529499][/DOUBLEPOST]
Ok, I have a genuine scrap on my hands.

Quick feel like quicks and hurry me!!

@grkrama @cricket_online @Llewelynf @blockerdave
It’s really annoying they didn’t scale down the speed gun display for the modifiers, 120mph does break the immersion a little.

@WealeyH trying your settings and I feel like a noob. Was 12 off 50 before I missed a straight one and was plumb lbw. Had a few great plays and miss and edges.[DOUBLEPOST=1513529662][/DOUBLEPOST]
I am finding standard controls pretty easy to bat with in career mode (on Hard) but classic controls much more challenging (esp limited overs).[DOUBLEPOST=1513529499][/DOUBLEPOST]
It’s really annoying they didn’t scale down the speed gun display for the modifiers, 120mph does break the immersion a little.
Standard are way to easy for me. I tried it once and went straight back to classic

Yeah, instead of tweaking modifiers classic batting control already provide a challenge

Trying out @WealeyH 's sliders as SA vs BAN in a test match (PC version). Grassy/Hard/Pristine pitch. 10 overs in with plenty of plays and misses so far (including off blocks which I've never see before) and an edge that went through vacant gully off a cut-shot. 30 runs and no wickets down yet but definitely feels more like a challenge. :thumbs

LOVE IT!

Well I did say Ali could play a big part in my test....

Thanks for the modifiers recommendation, while it definitely added more excitement while batting, unfortunately I still dont get edges, got just one in almost 10 overs and that went to empty space.
Also I think there must be somehthing to adjust the displayed pace scale to make it pleasing to the eye.[DOUBLEPOST=1513536095][/DOUBLEPOST]
Whelp. Bit of extra bounce finally did for me and Elgar.

Did you change the bounce modifier?

Thanks for the modifiers recommendation, while it definitely added more excitement while batting, unfortunately I still dont get edges, got just one in almost 10 overs and that went to empty space.
Also I think there must be somehthing to adjust the displayed pace scale to make it pleasing to the eye.[DOUBLEPOST=1513536095][/DOUBLEPOST]

1 in 10 overs? How many edges do you want??

Yes I have pitch bounce up at 55 because I like playing off the back foot even to green balls on hard wickets.

1 in 10 overs? How many edges do you want??

Its not about how many, its about when playing on the up to a good lenghth ball the probability of edge should be higher. Currently its like when I am playing shot out of 20-30 shots on good length way outside off I would be lucky to get even one edge and I am yet to see an edge when I am defending the ball.

In real life we dont see players, playing so many shots in tests or even one dayers on good length ball and get away with it almost every time. I guess the edge dynamics were better in DBC 17.

Ok, I have a genuine scrap on my hands.

Quick feel like quicks and hurry me!!

I think the edges against fast bowlers because you time it late or missing it early as you increased the ball pace. I would like this to happen at least once in a while when the timing and footwork anything other than ideal at the default pace not only when it is red.

I have been using your settings since evening except with default speed, I am not getting any edges that's because my timing is either good or ok but its working out well for the spinners. I lost 2 wickets to Ali, well-settled warner on 100+ got inside edge and bowled to good timing and another lbw. Need to check on different pitch\conditions and see how it works

I think the edges against fast bowlers because you time it late or missing it early as you increased the ball pace. I would like this to happen at least once in a while when the timing and footwork anything other than ideal at the default pace not only when it is red.

I have been using your settings since evening except with default speed, I am not getting any edges that's because my timing is either good or ok but its working out well for the spinners. I lost 2 wickets to Ali, well-settled warner on 100+ got inside edge and bowled to good timing and another lbw. Need to check on different pitch\conditions and see how it works

I have had a couple when timing is has been ideal or ok to be fair.

Can someone please direct me to the gameplay modifiers you guys are talking about, I’m new here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread