Latest Patch now available for PS4 (1.06) & Xbox One (1.0.0.7)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The beta process is ongoing but we will need to be patient however frustrating that may be. BA have a lot of irons in the fire and dont forget that it is the festive and summer holiday Down Under. We need to figure out work arounds at the mo for certain issues and have the confidence that the game will continue to be supported in the coming months. It would have been better for BA If the Ashes had been more of a cliffhanger.....the game is very playable with some tweaking from our side and we can use everyones feedback to shape things more permanently going forward. I am also confident that this is just the first interation of the Ashes series.....dont forget its just over a year and a half that England host!

I think we are nearly there to be honest. I wouldn't change much and especially as changing things can result in negative consequences gameplay wise. But then again I only bowl, so I have no idea if batting is an enjoyable experience or not.

I think we are nearly there to be honest. I wouldn't change much and especially as changing things can result in negative consequences gameplay wise. But then again I only bowl, so I have no idea if batting is an enjoyable experience or not.
Seam control and pitch attributes and graphics is a focus area as far as bowling is concerned and ai batting in limited over finishes.....

I'm commenting based on my gameplay experience as I've found edges to be a rarity both in odis & Tests. That's why it would make sense to have some sort of a modifier for 'Edge Frequency' instead of 4-5 for batting (Ball Quality Influence, Footwork, Shot Timing etc.) That way you can tailor your batting gameplay experience and it's easy to change one single modifier instead of changing 4-5 where most of them seem confusing. Maybe have two - 'Edge Frequency Pacers' and 'Edge Frequency Spinners' - and that along with 'Ball Marker Display Time' should be enough modifiers from batting perspective.
Thats a pretty good idea. Please also post this in suggestions thread.

Seam control and pitch attributes and graphics is a focus area as far as bowling is concerned and ai batting in limited over finishes.....

Funny but cracks are visible in the "after wicket" replay (not the one available through the menu) if you really look closely @WealeyH , and only up to a certain distance. Like there is some draw distance issue.

There is also no gain as far as I can see from hitting a batsman. Surely it should mean a reduction in confidence and can be used as a real weapon. Ditto hitting the batsman on the pads.

Last edited:
An additional modifier for lofted shots can really help infact.
Shot power for lofted shots can have a seperate modifier.

No edges whatsoever. I do not want to play premeditate shots for reducing the ball marker display to 10 or just 8. I keep it as 25, and I haven't caught behind so far during my 12 hours of batting gameplay.

In regards to the batting modifier, I keep everything maxed out except shot timing to 75.

These are two odi innings by my 42 rated career player. I am playing hardest legend. I have increased pace min and max to 70 and spin spin and drift to 50. It's extremely hard to play on these settings. Still i was able to score easy runs at a strike rate of around 200 because of silly AI fields and AI not bowling as per their set fields. AI kept bowling on my legs and i kept flicking them for boundaries as there was no fine leg, square, deep backwards square leg or deep fine leg fielder. I definitely saw some edges but cant enjoy much with so little time to react.

I had mentioned it in another forum and highlighting it again here that all 4 issues need to be dealt simultaneously i.e. General easy batting, lack of edges, AI fields and AI bowling as per fields otherwise batting would still be imbalanced. Fixing 1 or 2 of the above issues will not completely solve the batting issue as people will still score easy runs even at higher difficulties just as i did in my 2 innings (wagon wheel pics attached for reference). I sincerely request big ant to look into it.

Attachments

• IMG_6843.JPG
    IMG_6843.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_6846.JPG
    IMG_6846.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 5
Last edited:
I don't know how the game can be tweaked effectively, to please everyone, when there are five difficulty levels, four or five levels for batting and bowling and multiple combinations of tweaks that people can make with the modifiers.

I don't know how the game can be tweaked effectively, to please everyone, when there are five difficulty levels, four or five levels for batting and bowling and multiple combinations of tweaks that people can make with the modifiers.

The issue is batting is pretty easy even on the Harder difficulty levels. DBC 14 never had that problem.

The issue is batting is pretty easy even on the Harder difficulty levels. DBC 14 never had that problem.

For as long as I'm making mediocre total scores, I guess I can't honestly say that I find the batting easy. But I can say that I'm not having the same joy that some appear to be having in generating a reasonable amount of edges, irrespective of my changes to the modifiers (though, of course, changes to the modifiers would in any case be at best a sticking plaster; not a solution to the problem). There have been one or two edges, but my wickets remain overwhelmingly bowled/ LBW. As I said earlier, I want to feel frustration when I nick a ball through to the keeper or slips, as I did in DBC14; not satisfaction that I finally managed to provoke an edge! Nor, in my view, should it simply be a question of making the batting more difficult; edges should be as integral to the game as other forms of dismissal, regardless of the difficulty level.

Last edited:
For as long as I'm making mediocre total scores, I guess I can't honestly say that I find the batting easy. But I can say that I'm not having the same joy that some appear to be having in generating a reasonable amount of edges, irrespective of my changes to the modifiers (though, of course, changes to the modifiers would in any case be at best a sticking plaster; not a solution to the problem). There have been one or two edges, but my wickets remain overwhelmingly bowled/ LBW. As I said earlier, I want to feel frustration when I nick a ball through to the keeper or slips, as I did in DBC14; not satisfaction that I finally managed to provoke an edge! Nor, in my view, should it simply be a question of making the batting more difficult; edges should be as integral to the game as other forms of dismissal, regardless of the difficultly level.

That's my experience as well. If I tweak the modifiers (especially Ball Marker Display Time and Shot Timing) too much all it does is decrease the reaction time so you are late on deliveries and tend to be bowled or LBW. But not edges. If I keep the sliders to where my reaction time allows me to play shots the way I like, I can bat all day long and still no edges.

Last edited:
In DBC14 the greatest cricket gaming moments was nailing a ton in career mode avoiding fishing for balls outside of off. This feeling hasn't been captured since. Now I just lash at everything like T20, except green balls on the stumps I block. On harder difficulties they need to increase the nicking window of opportunity especially for green balls on 4th 5th 6th stumps and less (or the same it is now) for half volleys or non green balls. And if you use the pitch marker u will never know and have to gauge the line n length in a split second. It would be awesome

Last edited:
For as long as I'm making mediocre total scores, I guess I can't honestly say that I find the batting easy. But I can say that I'm not having the same joy that some appear to be having in generating a reasonable amount of edges, irrespective of my changes to the modifiers (though, of course, changes to the modifiers would in any case be at best a sticking plaster; not a solution to the problem). There have been one or two edges, but my wickets remain overwhelmingly bowled/ LBW. As I said earlier, I want to feel frustration when I nick a ball through to the keeper or slips, as I did in DBC14; not satisfaction that I finally managed to provoke an edge! Nor, in my view, should it simply be a question of making the batting more difficult; edges should be as integral to the game as other forms of dismissal, regardless of the difficulty level.
That's the complete opposite of my experience. I can't even remember getting out lbw once. I wasn't getting bowled either until I started playing without the batting aerial marker, now I'm getting a couple per innings. Most of my wickets are caught out. I'm seeing a lot of edges with bat and ball, not necessarily always resulting in a wicket but they are there.

Can any one suggest which beta testing teams are testing the online gameplay as its totally differenent from offline.
As everyone knows online gameplay was totally neglected for Dbc 17.
So any of the senior members please create a thread for improvements for online gameplay.
As we bowl in online we are not able to ball that line offline which is really nice.
Please make online bowling line and bounce same as offline

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread