Major League Cricket - USA T20 League - Let The Music Play!!

Who are you supporting?

• Total voters
They do play ODI cricket and care about it but they don’t have an attachment to it in the way other test sides and certain associates do. T20 isn’t their primary form anyway at the moment, no side has made it their primary format other than West Indies for a brief period IMO. My hypothesis asks for them to focus exclusively on T20s at the expense of the other two formats whilst also conditioning their fanbase around it, the latter is near impossible to do in most other traditional countries.
Post automatically merged:

From the brief glances I’ve given to the Minor League Cricket it seems a decent place to be. I think tapping into it and ensuring it stays alive and well will be key.

I’m not sure if this league will be their NASL or MLS, only time will tell.
This has to be MLS. Since MLB is helping MLC, I am hopeful this will be successful with the help of IPL owners and others involved (Cricket Victoria, PakFood, etc).

I would have 6 teams for the first 3 years and gauge the interest. If I was the organizer, my first goal would be develop infrastructure. Give teams an actual Home.

Faf Du Plessis has been announced as the 8th overseas player for Texas! And he is the CAPTAIN!!

Faf and Conway opening partnership is truly on!! One more overseas signing is coming, and seeing how Faf is announced as the 8th, I am guessing its a bigger one than Faf (maybe Suresh Raina?). Although I hope its a bowler!!

Captains so far:

Moises Henriques (I forgot... Orcas or Freedom)
Faf du Plessis (TSK)
Aaron Finch (Unicorns)

Any others announced?

Faf Du Plessis has been announced as the 8th overseas player for Texas! And he is the CAPTAIN!!

Faf and Conway opening partnership is truly on!! One more overseas signing is coming, and seeing how Faf is announced as the 8th, I am guessing its a bigger one than Faf (maybe Suresh Raina?). Although I hope its a bowler!!
Uthappa perhaps

I am excited about the Faf signing. Makes me wonder why they dint sign him for CSK.

I am excited about the Faf signing. Makes me wonder why they dint sign him for CSK.

He wasn’t worth the amount of money.

You can easily get an overseas batter close to world class quality in the auction at base price, Faf himself was originally bought very close to his base price in the 2018 mega auction.

Just booked my tickets. Unfortunately will not be able to see TSK. Going for the double header LA vs Seattle and NY vs Washington. TSK play on Friday eve and I will be reaching Saturday evening. Might be able to sneak into Washington SF game.

Not a bad idea!

@SaiSrini - Have you booked your tickets yet?

Still trying to get confirmation from family as to whether they are in town during Round 1 games in Texas. If they don't confirm by end of this week, most likely I will attend at North Carolina (Church Street Park) for either the July 21st or July 24th game of Texas Super Kings (I want to watch them).

Still trying to get confirmation from family as to whether they are in town during Round 1 games in Texas. If they don't confirm by end of this week, most likely I will attend at North Carolina (Church Street Park) for either the July 21st or July 24th game of Texas Super Kings (I want to watch them).
If you ever decide to attend Church Street Park, let me know. We can meet.

1687886557764.png

First major player from Pakistan! Should get in some Pakistan fans now as well. Canada's GT20 also runs at the same time so availability is going to be crucial and one league will eventually have to bow down.

Users who are viewing this thread