Make Ashes 13 game code opensource

Trickstar should make ASHES 2013 Opensource

• Total voters

grkrama

National Board President
We need a due apology to this community from Trickstar not only in words but also action and a good way to do that is to release the whole game or atleast core game code opensource so that over time the community maybe able to do something of it, esp since its made with unity engine.

This would be the best way to give back after all they have done .

I dont see them reattempting again on unity engine and is probably going to gather dust so why not release it and redeem themselves a bit.:thumbs

79cricket

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I don't care either way mate as DBC14 the pc version will have Mods support.

dhump

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
The spaghetti they would have created would be hard to understand.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I don't need to see the innermost workings of how shit is made.

savvart

Club Captain
How they thought - that graphics engine would work for them is beyond me.

Don't be surprised if Trickstar again change their name to something else after this debacle...

StormySteve

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
This game looks so broken it would want a complete rebuild by an expert programming team (not saying there are no experts here) and in any case why would you want the code when DBC14 is imminent... I'd move on forget this calamatous effort, trickstar/505 games and get behind and enjoy DBC14 when it's here. AC2013 is the worst cricket game if not the worst game ever, total insult to the community, caused a bit of bad feeling on the threads too, just wish I'd have read the whole thread before posting, but hey ho that's life!! :cheers

Steve S.

bp3000

School Cricketer
I don't think it would be that difficult to fix it up and make it a useable game, but they'd at least have to remove the ca and ecb license stuff from the code. Seeming that would take a normal programmer a couple of hours to make sure there would be no trace. It would thus take the clowns at trickster another 5 months.

grkrama

National Board President
This game looks so broken it would want a complete rebuild by an expert programming team (not saying there are no experts here) and in any case why would you want the code when DBC14 is imminent... I'd move on forget this calamatous effort, trickstar/505 games and get behind and enjoy DBC14 when it's here. AC2013 is the worst cricket game if not the worst game ever, total insult to the community, caused a bit of bad feeling on the threads too, just wish I'd have read the whole thread before posting, but hey ho that's life!! :cheers

Steve S.

The worst patch for EA Sports Cricket games would have been much better than this crap.

I Do agree with all of you that the game is Crap broken,etc
But the thing that interests me is the unity engine used is one of the most versatile and very flexible engine, example would be unity is like wordpress for gaming,or in gaming terms, unity is almost as versatile as source engine .
imagine a halflife like ecosystem of cricket mods.(Cricket07 would have been that if animations and scripting where possible)

Im not saying their half baked code can be cooked properly:facepalm ,but there is a chance to salvage some stuff at the very least,even cosmetic things like
free player models animations stadiums if made opensource , can act as good base for a modder or indie cricket game developer that is great.:thumbs

After all the damage they have caused ,this is the least trickstar can do .

As far as DBC 14 ,Yup its going to be great,but like dumbledore says never put all your fruits in one basket.this just my thoughts and why i made this thread.:cheers

----------

Just make your own. Can't be worse than this right?

planning to :cheers

Last edited:

saferider4969

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India

Don't be surprised if Trickstar again change their name to something else after this debacle...

Do you even know anything about the graphic potential of unity, get your facts right.

grkrama

National Board President

kindly check this link

Unity - Quality - AAA visual fidelity, rendering power and ambience

Just because lot of mobile games are developed using unity doesnt mean its mobile engine, it has full graphical prowess and versatility for all platforms,xbox360,ps3,win,mac,android mobile.

Trickstar where limited by their skill with unity not by unity itself.Hope this clears it up for you:cheers

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread