Making bowling more enjoyable, seeing weather/pitch effects etc. - invitation to playtest

I sure as hell hope that Ross has realised that working through TruBlu has not brought many happy memories to him . I speak from an outsiders viewpoint , but I would much rather be in full control over my own game in totality (discounting the Console owners) , than having the current situation.

Anyway , lets hope this great game gets the attention it needs to keep the franchise alive and well.

I sure as hell hope that Ross has realised that working through TruBlu has not brought many happy memories to him . I speak from an outsiders viewpoint , but I would much rather be in full control over my own game in totality (discounting the Console owners) , than having the current situation.

Anyway , lets hope this great game gets the attention it needs to keep the franchise alive and well.
Dont make the mistake of thinking that just because there are questions being asked that suddenly people are anti this or that. I have only the greatest respect for ba and dont feel they owe me Anything: it doesn't have to be made into some sort of us against them or some kind of conspiracy. Just adult people asking questions.

Fully agree Dutch . This game has given me more joy than anything else I have played before in the sporting Genre . It is an absolute breath of fresh air in a franchise that was for all intents and purposes dead .

1 year into the game , and I`m still going strong , haven`t played anything since. It just kind of starts getting to you all the mistakes and problems that you see playing out in front of you , day in and day out. Maybe if I stop playing the game for a while it would become more bearable , but at this point in time its not gonna happen :)

So apologies if I sounded condescending , wasnt intended that way . Just frustrations boiling over a bit , at the way BA is handling this whole process . I will retract into my Online Corner again , and see how this plays out.

Fully agree Dutch . This game has given me more joy than anything else I have played before in the sporting Genre . It is an absolute breath of fresh air in a franchise that was for all intents and purposes dead .

1 year into the game , and I`m still going strong , haven`t played anything since. It just kind of starts getting to you all the mistakes and problems that you see playing out in front of you , day in and day out. Maybe if I stop playing the game for a while it would become more bearable , but at this point in time its not gonna happen :)

So apologies if I sounded condescending , wasnt intended that way . Just frustrations boiling over a bit , at the way BA is handling this whole process . I will retract into my Online Corner again , and see how this plays out.
No need to retract and no need to apologise! We are all just desperately wanting to have a game that will do our passion and knowledge of cricket justice! I share your frustration on a number of issues and dont quite understand the radio silence on a number of issues and questions we have but take that down to me not being savvy to their processes and limitations rather than they not wanting to make the best possible game of cricket they can within their capabilities and business enviroment!

let me tell you one thing, i played some 9 test matches continuously on legend mode and i learnt many things, if we keep the right field settings and bowl according to that field (as in real world) we can restrict AI and get some wickets, i was leaking so many runs initially, and later i thought of bringing my brain to the game lol! and i achieved a lot! i took many wickets of Ai and at one stage eng were 96/5 in 40 overs in legend mode.

let me tell you one thing, i played some 9 test matches continuously on legend mode and i learnt many things, if we keep the right field settings and bowl according to that field (as in real world) we can restrict AI and get some wickets, i was leaking so many runs initially, and later i thought of bringing my brain to the game lol! and i achieved a lot! i took many wickets of Ai and at one stage eng were 96/5 in 40 overs in legend mode.

it's not about getting wickets per se, it's about getting wickets in an approximately realistic fashion, finding the experience of bowling enjoyable and something you feel you have an element of control over rather than a slot machine... even with regards to edges, which has been a lot of focus what we've seen now is more edges from a realistic manner such as defensive prods and drives rather than the AI top edging a square cut to the straightest ball of the over (my most common edge till now, and one i haven't seen since reducing the skills).

the principle of skills reduction unquestionably helps in this regard. the challenge now is to see if there is a way to get more variation in skills across teams and players and still get similar results.

if you're happy with the existing set up, that's fine. this is a suggestion for people who were not happy...

Agree completely with you. My thing is just, that playing a game at Legend at the moment, and in 138 overs, there has been only 1 edge, from 1 of my spinners (but it was wide of 2nd slip, so no wicket, and had 4 wickets from catches). So if I can find a balance somehow, I'll be happy.

I'm not sure anyone has tried with these Stats on Legend. I think Wealey has said a couple of times on our initial conversation before this thread that edges disappeared above Pro.

You are getting a lot more out this game than me, as I felt, for my needs, the game was unplayable until this work around came into being. IN fact, I didn't play it for months and months. I also had loads of problems with saves and bugs at the start (I think I got every bug possible) which didn't help.

I'm only interested in making this game playable. I have no problems with BA or TruBlu or anyone on the forums. I literally just want to play a test match on my XBox and enjoy it.

I bowl on legend mode as well and AI easily gets all out very easily, they should bat smart, score those quick singles, find the gaps to score....We all know that its Artificial Intelligence but we want the "LIKE HUMAN" feel from AI in the game, its really difficult to get it right in a cricket game more because some gamers need challenge [plan, set the field, make bowling changes, earn wickets], some just want to have fun scoring 6's and 4's and have a good time playing it....So to satisfy both sides of gamers, finding the balance is really difficult, that's why them as professionals should work on that stuff otherwise what will happen is like now we are telling need tweak AI bad field, not rewarding and stuff and if they make it really hard to get wickets and feel rewarding then some will start "Started a career but not getting any wickets, played 10 matches but no wicket yet, please BA fix this"...So getting the right combo for a game like cricket gets really really hard than any other game as AI faces you and not compete, like in Basketball getting the right style of play with few tricks to confuse the AI and stopping them from scoring is comparatively easier than situation where AI facing as a batsman when requiring 6 runs off the last ball and hits straight slog off a bouncer then it would become ridiculous feel as it doesnt feel right, that's the issue, the number of data and the other stats and weaknesses of the batsman taken into consideration for the result of the shot AI will be playing is what we expect but it becomes a bit tough not impossible....[DOUBLEPOST=1429115129][/DOUBLEPOST]
I'm not sure anyone has tried with these Stats on Legend. I think Wealey has said a couple of times on our initial conversation before this thread that edges disappeared above Pro.
I did yesterday and its true, everytime its "almost" an edge but no edge whatsoever....Will try it out today as well....

West Indies v England

Day 1 and 2

Here are the highlights from Days 1 and 2. Continuing to play every ball of this 3 match series to see the variation in dismissals and scores by the AI.

Back and forth this innings. Not sure who will be the happier camp at this stage. One team was on top then the other fought back on different occasions.

Have to say, the edges that are in this game are so so so satisfying. They look and feel and sound amazing ha!

So nice to see a ball bounce clip the shoulder of the bat and just fly through to the keeper

I have uploaded England and West Indies current gen, skilled sort of along these principles a few differences with something I've tried to get a bit more variation in - mrdconnors in the academy.

please note, only the 11s featured in the current test have been skilled that way, with them set as the default test lineups.

England v West Indies
Day 2 Tea

I have turned off all assists and all parts of the HUD. I have also lowered my batsmen skills to that of the AI in order to give myself a real challenge and make me grind as if I would in a test.
Great fun. Mistakes are punished.

Test match in the balance!!

I bowl on legend mode as well and AI easily gets all out very easily, they should bat smart, score those quick singles, find the gaps to score....We all know that its Artificial Intelligence but we want the "LIKE HUMAN" feel from AI in the game, its really difficult to get it right in a cricket game more because some gamers need challenge [plan, set the field, make bowling changes, earn wickets], some just want to have fun scoring 6's and 4's and have a good time playing it....So to satisfy both sides of gamers, finding the balance is really difficult, that's why them as professionals should work on that stuff otherwise what will happen is like now we are telling need tweak AI bad field, not rewarding and stuff and if they make it really hard to get wickets and feel rewarding then some will start "Started a career but not getting any wickets, played 10 matches but no wicket yet, please BA fix this"...So getting the right combo for a game like cricket gets really really hard than any other game as AI faces you and not compete, like in Basketball getting the right style of play with few tricks to confuse the AI and stopping them from scoring is comparatively easier than situation where AI facing as a batsman when requiring 6 runs off the last ball and hits straight slog off a bouncer then it would become ridiculous feel as it doesnt feel right, that's the issue, the number of data and the other stats and weaknesses of the batsman taken into consideration for the result of the shot AI will be playing is what we expect but it becomes a bit tough not impossible....[DOUBLEPOST=1429115129][/DOUBLEPOST]
I did yesterday and its true, everytime its "almost" an edge but no edge whatsoever....Will try it out today as well....

Just to quote your first part pal, you make some very good points. Because of the sheer amount of outcomes possible in cricket, its a really tough thing to make and credit to BA for the game they have made. I was unlucky and encountered many problems.

I also think whilst this thread and the work we're all doing is primarily based on bowling, I think overall it would be awesome if we could get a good balance. It would be great to see the batting side batting sensibly.
+

I have uploaded England and West Indies current gen, skilled sort of along these principles a few differences with something I've tried to get a bit more variation in - mrdconnors in the academy.

please note, only the 11s featured in the current test have been skilled that way, with them set as the default test lineups.

Effort Dave. You're doing a great job. I'm sorry I'm not being much help at the moment. Wedding is Saturday so being ordered around like a soldier!

Users who are viewing this thread