Making bowling more enjoyable, seeing weather/pitch effects etc. - invitation to playtest

ARRGH! Outside edge just flew between 1st slip and Keeper! 18th Over. Finn has Doolan playing an missing a wide one, trying to play accross the line from on outswinger and then almost bowled on a straight one, an then the edge! What an over this has been!

Yeah that's the thing here, we're obviously still dealing with the limitations of the AI but in general I think things have improved significantly[DOUBLEPOST=1429176087][/DOUBLEPOST]@Chief what's your take on the reticence to give advice/clarity about setting skills?

2 things spring immediately to mind:
1) Pride - Much as I knew it improved the game, I was always secretly stung when users improved the game - "Why didn't WE do that?" conversations were many. When amateurs can do it better than professionals it's hard to swallow that sometimes.
2) Grey area - Reverse engineering EXACTLY what everything does brings 2 dangers: 1) you expose the fact it doesn't work as it should (see above) and 2) Allow potential competitors to ape it.

Even if a developer were not affected by either of the above... the publisher might be, and wouldn't allow the devs to give away the farm.

Lunch 98 - 1. \nothing much to report. Bottom edge that didn't carry to 2nd slip. Beat the bat a fair few times. Doolan and Warner in control, but its a batting pitch. Run rate around 3.2. Would have been lower but Warner hit Root for 10 off the last over (a 6 and a 4).

However, it has been very enjoyable and has felt as though it has been a Test Match. I feel that a wicket could lead to a few, so am still excited to keep playing.

2 things spring immediately to mind:
1) Pride - Much as I knew it improved the game, I was always secretly stung when users improved the game - "Why didn't WE do that?" conversations were many. When amateurs can do it better than professionals it's hard to swallow that sometimes.
2) Grey area - Reverse engineering EXACTLY what everything does brings 2 dangers: 1) you expose the fact it doesn't work as it should (see above) and 2) Allow potential competitors to ape it.

Even if a developer were not affected by either of the above... the publisher might be, and wouldn't allow the devs to give away the farm.

fair enough...

You are getting a lot more out this game than me, as I felt, for my needs, the game was unplayable until this work around came into being. IN fact, I didn't play it for months and months. I also had loads of problems with saves and bugs at the start (I think I got every bug possible) which didn't help.

I'm only interested in making this game playable. I have no problems with BA or TruBlu or anyone on the forums. I literally just want to play a test match on my XBox and enjoy it.

Ive only played offline for a week , and thereafter only Online in the Tournaments arranged by myself and others on this website. So by only playing against humans , I sidestepped alot of the issues related to the AI.

Hence I could get much more enjoyment out of the game than you.

Please change the title so it is 'Making...' instead of 'making...'. I think I will loose it soon.

What I said about feeling that if 1 fell a few would?

142-1, Warner chips Moeen too mid off. 142-2.
Doolan Edges Anderson to Butler 155-3.
Anderson Bowls Clarke, middle stump. 3 out swingers then a seamer that swung a bit had him fooled 172-4.
Finn sends Smiths leg stump flying - 196-5
Watson drives Broad and gets a thivk edge that flys to gully (Was so pleased with this wicket) 204-6

Currently 209-6 after 67 overs

209-7! Haddin caught by third slip from Finn's bowling

I started a 50 Over ODI match between England and west Indies with Blockerdave's Teams and so far the bowling is quite fun
Has some plays and Misses and i dropped the catch of Gayle at 22. The score at 10 overs is 59/1
Difficulty - Pro
Pitch - Hard
Cracks - No
Weather - Random with no chance of rain (No clouds)
Smith as it showed gone slowly but gayle gone hammer on me as i struggled to bowl well and tried too hard gave him some no balls to get some fours. He hit one six
Smith got caught to bell at Deep Mid on.
2015-04-16_00003.jpg

I started a 50 Over ODI match between England and west Indies with Blockerdave's Teams and so far the bowling is quite fun
Has some plays and Misses and i dropped the catch of Gayle at 22. The score at 10 overs is 59/1
Difficulty - Pro
Pitch - Hard
Cracks - No
Weather - Random with no chance of rain (No clouds)
Smith as it showed gone slowly but gayle gone hammer on me as i struggled to bowl well and tried too hard gave him some no balls to get some fours. He hit one six
Smith got caught to bell at Deep Mid on.
View attachment 143390

Just so you know, you have a lot of players in both teams who have not been set up according to this experiment - i only did the 2 11's from the current test match (the two default test lineups for the game) so you won't be getting the full experiment. Looking at the WI Lineup, most are not set up for the experiment.

Please change the title so it is 'Making...' instead of 'making...'. I think I will loose it soon.

You really should check your spelling and grammar before complaining about someone else's spelling and grammar. It's just good manners.

Just so you know, you have a lot of players in both teams who have not been set up according to this experiment - i only did the 2 11's from the current test match (the two default test lineups for the game) so you won't be getting the full experiment. Looking at the WI Lineup, most are not set up for the experiment.
err thanks for the heads up looks like i missed it. I will restart the match with the oldies then :)

This is very interesting! I've shelved this game for a good couple of months but I'll dust it off again to experiment with this...

Has anybody played around with comparative skills? what I mean by that is, play teams like Australia / South Africa vs Afghanistan for instance, having the Aus / SA stats as per Dave's post and setting Afg players even lower to reflect the difference in ability to see how that plays out?

This is very interesting! I've shelved this game for a good couple of months but I'll dust it off again to experiment with this...

Has anybody played around with comparative skills? what I mean by that is, play teams like Australia / South Africa vs Afghanistan for instance, having the Aus / SA stats as per Dave's post and setting Afg players even lower to reflect the difference in ability to see how that plays out?

Well the England and West Indies teams I just posted do have that sort of comparative skilling so it's worth trying them

Users who are viewing this thread