Making bowling more enjoyable, seeing weather/pitch effects etc. - invitation to playtest

Close of play 271-8, Harris edged to point....well it was an edge of sorts!

i am trying to play with modified teams also. Had a great edge to point from Jimmy Anderson to Gary Ballance (left hander) that
was taken with diving catch, then i opened dxtory to save the replay and the game crashed :(
too bad, the ball was very fast and there was a huge sound from the bat. Anyway i started the game again and got this,
again with Gary Ballance :)

I have played a few matches now [not fully though as its experimental only]..

My views:
-At legend as said before the edges are just restricted.

-Bowling is more realistic for sure, the swing amount and the deviation off the pitch is just right to get a wicket but did not get one yet.

-One thing which BA should correct in Patch 3 is the area to bowl in the Pic below, I am able to bowl in those region only when I set both the jump and release at early [a bit before the green region]...What happens is if I bowl using that early release, the speed reduces drastically and being the drive length the chances of edges get more at that length, so some way should be made to make it at normal speed...I got 1-2 edges at that length but as the speed was so low it did not carry...

Untitled.png
-The sliding of batsman to a ball outside off stump to either defend or do that play and miss is irritating as the realistic approach should be either leave the ball in front foot position or drive the ball with the risk of edging...

-Some times the batsman plays a ball way outside off to the mid wicket region slogging, another unrealistic in tests but should be great for T20 and 50 over matches...

-Should mention that some shots are really true to the length and are realistic to watch as well, with the changes made to batting attributes and skills..

-Another one is Batsman still slog the perfect yorkers....

Last edited:
England have had a nightmare.

However this will show the AI ability to set a score and declare. Batting with same shit stats is tough!!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1,011.5 KB · Views: 26
England have had a nightmare.

However this will show the AI ability to set a score and declare. Batting with same shit stats is tough!!!!
Funny I found batting quite balanced.

Played with my Eng/WI teams earlier. They're skilled slightly differently - ff/bf and straight still low (but varied player to player) but flat and on/off quite a bit higher.

Bowlers still very low swing and higher seam; slower & cutters are high - again varied per player.

Didn't feel as balanced - had them 90-odd for 5 at lunch... Some very good play and misses and lbw shouts; lots of mistimed shots but just 2 edges but 1 was top edge cutting straightest ball of the over - a dismissal I thought'd I'd eliminated; 2 were bowled after hitting the batsman, 1 was caught cover off an aggressive square cut.

Generally noticed the AI seemed to cut a lot more; not sure if it was just because of higher flat bat stats or what... Did notice there was a lot of bounce in the pitch. (Prompts a question, I was playing on the Xbox for the first time since the PC version came out - is the physics different? I can't recall seeing such bounce on the PC version.)

Video or it didn't happen!

I wish I could give you the evidence, but it was pretty special! I'm certain it hit the edge of the bat, and certain it got caught at point. I'm just not sure how the two things link!

The game is at something like 320 - 9. Johnson on 50, Pattinson was out for 30 and Lyon is still in and playing like Sachin. Pattinson is set to 1 increment and Lyon 0, so how this is possible is beyond me.

I wish I could give you the evidence, but it was pretty special! I'm certain it hit the edge of the bat, and certain it got caught at point. I'm just not sure how the two things link!

The game is at something like 320 - 9. Johnson on 50, Pattinson was out for 30 and Lyon is still in and playing like Sachin. Pattinson is set to 1 increment and Lyon 0, so how this is possible is beyond me.

Was kidding :)

So what are these teams called on the Academy? I can't film but I will play shorter form and report back.

Generally noticed the AI seemed to cut a lot more; not sure if it was just because of higher flat bat stats or what... Did notice there was a lot of bounce in the pitch. (Prompts a question, I was playing on the Xbox for the first time since the PC version came out - is the physics different? I can't recall seeing such bounce on the PC version.)

In the t20 i played with your rebel and weakling teams i also noticed this, they have started to favor cut shots more than late cuts wasn't sure if it was due to field set up or the teams. I also noticed a lot of bounce even from full length but put it down to hard pristine flat track cant see skills affecting bounce can it ?

Just out of curiosity...what impact do these changes have on taking wickets with spinners so far? The reason why I ask is because I went to visit one of my friends earlier this week and his Spinner in career mode is making a total killing on Pro level.

Now I understand the issue at hand and the tweaks we're talking about in this thread excludes Career-mode, but this mate of mine has taken 216 wickets in Career mode (First Class) at an average of 5.9! His P40 bowling average is around 7 runs per wicket - So since I've never tried spin bowling in Career mode, is this a general occurrence that spin bowling is ridiculously easy?

The reason why I ask is that if we make AI batting weaker won't this perpetuate the issue of spinning circles around AI Batsmen? Or perhaps my friend is just one of those freaky DBC players who find the game too easy.

Just out of curiosity...what impact do these changes have on taking wickets with spinners so far? The reason why I ask is because I went to visit one of my friends earlier this week and his Spinner in career mode is making a total killing on Pro level.

Now I understand the issue at hand and the tweaks we're talking about in this thread excludes Career-mode, but this mate of mine has taken 216 wickets in Career mode (First Class) at an average of 5.9! His P40 bowling average is around 7 runs per wicket - So since I've never tried spin bowling in Career mode, is this a general occurrence that spin bowling is ridiculously easy?

The reason why I ask is that if we make AI batting weaker won't this perpetuate the issue of spinning circles around AI Batsmen? Or perhaps my friend is just one of those freaky DBC players who find the game too easy.

You will find that lowering the attributes causes the AI to play spin in a more sensible manner rather than trying to slog but you will also have to lower the bowling ones to balance things up .

I find the AI struggles to score off spin no matter how high/low the batting attributes are on pro and rarely go for more than 2.5 an over in the longer formats.

Users who are viewing this thread