Mar 20 - India vs West Indies

War

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
If i where a windies fan i'd be probably be willing to accept their last two results where they threw away victory due to lack of main players being out. Since if they had Barath, DW Bravo, Taylor, C Paul in the last two games, i struggle to think they could would have lost.

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
The way India were playing today, It looked to me that they didn't want a clash against Aussies in the QF. Anyhow, I am looking forward to India Aussies Clash. What a game that would be!!!!!!!!!!

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
India finally got their bowling attack right. Unless there is a injury, there should be no change in bowling line up for QFs.
IMO this should be the ideal lineup:

Sachin
Sehwag
Gambhir
Kohli
Yuvraj
Raina
Dhoni
Bhajji
Zaheer
Ashwin
Munaf

I think we have given far too many chance to the attacking middle order(Which has failed to delevery even after a great platform). Now we need it to be slightly more stable. So Raina should replace Pathan. although both had poor game today but Raina can bat in variable gears and can play quicks too.

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
If i where a windies fan i'd be probably be willing to accept their last two results where they threw away victory due to lack of main players being out. Since if they had Barath, DW Bravo, Taylor, C Paul in the last two games, i struggle to think they could would have lost.

It would have made a big difference. Smith has actually done well in Baraths place and I cant really blame him much but Dwayne Bravo and Chanderpaul would have made a big difference. Also add in Baugh who is a much better batsman then Thomas.

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Carlton Baugh is injured, so he can't play.

Also the India Aussies clash will be a thriller. Hoping to see something from the Aussie pacers.

War

Chairman of Selectors
It would have made a big difference. Smith has actually done well in Baraths place and I cant really blame him much but Dwayne Bravo and Chanderpaul would have made a big difference. Also add in Baugh who is a much better batsman then Thomas.

Yea Smith has probably done as well as Barath could have.

Overall instead of being too critical of the windies, one can take some positives that certain reserve players have stepped up, which is a another sign that windies cricket is getting better.

used2bcool

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
That was the first I've seen of Darren Bravo and he looks like a star in the making. That straight six off Ashwin was all Lara, all the way. A sight for sore eyes.

About Tendulkar walking, yes, he did probably edge it, but I have a feeling he would've survived the review had he decided to stand his ground. There was a sound but there was no noticeable deflection and the DRS without snicko or hotspot would've found it tough to pinpoint the edge. He would've gotten the benefit of the doubt. But kudos to him for walking.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Sad thing is, I was in Chennai and I couldnt go to the game (came here in a hurry for grandfather's funeral). Good game for Ashwin. Dhoni should now know why Ashwin is a valuable addition to the side. He can bowl so tight in Powerplays, pick wickets and end up with good returns. Yuvraj has been superb this tournament. Keep it going boy! His batting and bowling has been top notch.

INDIA VS AUSTRALIA!!! Big punt on India to pull it off. Australia have been exposed in their game vs Pakistan, and so India have a good chance of doing the same vs Australia what Pakistan did to them. If Pakistan win their QF, we have ANOTHER INDIA VS PAKISTAN World Cup game!!!!

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
INDIA VS AUSTRALIA!!! Big punt on India to pull it off. Australia have been exposed in their game vs Pakistan, and so India have a good chance of doing the same vs Australia what Pakistan did to them. If Pakistan win their QF, we have ANOTHER INDIA VS PAKISTAN World Cup game!!!!

Sorry for your loss.

Back to cricket, I agree with you- we have the upper edge here as have played them in the World Cup warm-up wherein we totally demolished them. Dhoni might be tempted to go in with Chawla again seeing as he did well v the Aussies in Bangalore. The Aussie batting is a major area of concern for them. Given that Harbhajan and Yuvraj are back in form and the way we relish playing the Aussies, I am sure we will be on our way to Mohali.

All said and done- INDIA V AUSTRALIA is bigger than INDIA V PAKISTAN !!!

belmont

School Cricketer
no fear Windies fans Windies will take Pakistan although I am disappointed that they meet so early and India wil take Australia.

Pranav

ICC Board Member
It turned out to be an easy win for the Indians. Though, the result was kind of obvious considering Gayle, Roach and Chanderpaul weren't playing. It would have been an interesting encounter if both teams went full strength.

Ashwin and Zaheer bowled really well and with that performance, Ashwin has probably cemented his place in the squad. Yuvraj won the man of the match, but I get a feeling that he's still not timing the ball very well. His run scoring has not been fluent which is very unlike the Yuvraj who's in full song.

I'm waiting for the match against Australia now. I hope India wins.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread