ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
March 11 - Ireland vs West Indies

Odds : Bet365

GreatSixer

School Cricketer
Westindies will be fully confident to win this game .WI bowling attack is strong enough but its gonna be a tough match for both

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
Its not good to mess with something that is working but I wish the WI would give Bishoo a go over Miller.

irishcricketfan

School Cricketer
Few videos building up to the Ireland game here - It's a must win for the boys in green otherwise I'd say they're done and it will be just the 4 big boys as predicted to go through...

Paul Stirling going through the pain barrier....

Grand slam hero Tommy Bowe

Brian O'Driscoll playing Cricket!

Last edited by a moderator:

Kabooka

International Cricketer
The Irish and the West Indies, both have been playing above expectations so far. Even though everyone expects WI to win it may not be an exact walk in the park for them. Will be a good game without a doubt.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
WI going no where atm, it's probably a good thing they have stacked their side with speedsters as it looks like they will be defending a sub par total.

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
WI going no where atm, it's probably a good thing they have stacked their side with speedsters as it looks like they will be defending a sub par total.

Ireland seem to handle pace quite well. I think Benn will pose the largest threat, just as Swann and Yuvraj did.

Two down and not too many on the board. It would be fine if they hadn't lost any wickets as they would have had a good platform to build on and a lower risk margin. However, now they have to keep wickets intact and also up the scoring rate. On the same ground, South Africa also found it difficult to get going early on vs Netherlands early on but they were very effective in turning the strike over which meant that their run rate didn't suffer even if they did only get the occasional boundary.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
O'Brien turning into a legend in this WC, just grabbed himself 2 wickets to go with the fastest ever 100. These associates always seem to produce handy all rounders.

----------

Ireland seem to handle pace quite well. I think Benn will pose the largest threat, just as Swann and Yuvraj did.

Well they haven't really faced anyone with genuine pace thus far. Bangladesh, England and India don't have a Roach in their side so this will be the true test. And Russell is meant to be quick too.

Owzat

International Coach

I'm not so sure it will be below par, they have Pollard still in and at 226/5 with six overs to go, although you probably said that some time ago when they were seemingly plodding along.

I think Ireland may suffer because they didn't get danger men out (quickly enough), Smith and now Pollard. They may chase down the total, could be key to their future, but I'm guessing a lot of England fans will be hoping they don't with Ireland having two other games left of which Holland is one and a win here would threaten a Test nation's place in the QFs - don't forget England's NRR is pretty feeble, Ireland can boost their's against Holland.

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
I can see the WI getting rolled cheaply with this batting line-up, with Pollard, Sammy and Thomas at 5/6/7, a decent bowling attack only needs three early wickets to cause them real problems.

Even in this match, you can see how long their tail is.

I guess when Gayle comes back in, it'll bring them much better balance.

Varun

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Pollard has come greatly to West Indian rescue this match. Steady innings by Devon Smith too, albeit a little slow paced.

Users who are viewing this thread