ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
March 12 : India vs South Africa

Odds : Bet365

Kabooka

International Cricketer
This is 'THE' game of the tournament. Winner can sleep easy knowing that they have an absolute chance of taking home the gold.

It is by a small margin, but I favor India. SA weren't great against India in the last series & this time around its home conditions for us, so the advantage of knowing the conditions lies with us. Also if Tahir aint around for this game, SA bowling would lose a lot of sting.

I hope its a high scoring game like the IND-ENG one albeit, a close low scoring game would also be lotsa fun.

Aditya

ICC Board Member
A low scoring game will only be fun if the Indian team will chase. I don't see the Indian bowlers defending a low score, they cant even defend 300+. Not being harsh on them, but its the truth. We have bowlers like Zaheer and Harbhajan but just expecting two bowlers to win a game for you is just not fair. Plus Harbhajan has not been taking wickets so far in the world cup he has been economical but certainly not a wicket taker. I'm not too sure about Chawla, he has a lot of potential but its just the matter of him performing according to his potential. As a Indian fan I want India to win but I hope that we also get to see a good game of cricket.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
The real 'big one' of the tournament. Beating South Africa will send big booze of confidence down India's spine. If at all we need a adrenalin shot, it would be here to beat SA and announce ourselves back as serious contenders. But I have a very ill feeling that we might come short here. We had two simple wins against Ireland and Netherlands and it might have made us a little complacent. Also SA coming after a choke against England. Hope SA dont take the game away from us. JEETO INDIA (WIN IT INDIA):cheers!

Dhoni - PLAY ASHWIN ATLEAST NOW!:mad

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
there's some context which makes it nice. SAs loss to england means if they fail to win here then they're facing a shoot out with bangladesh.

obviously you'd fancy them to comfortably hammer bangladesh but I dunno, last game of the group stages, must win, facing going out to unfancied small team. that's a lot of pressure, lest anyone say what we're all thinking.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Should SAF lose tomorrow, they will be under a lot of pressure to perform in the remaining two matches versus a strong looking Ireland and a BD playing at home. SAF virtually face elimination in case of a loss.

Aoun13

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
It will be a great sight to watch Imran Tahir against Indian batsmen. Although Indian batsmen are very good against spin but I still hope that Imran will turn the table for SA.

riz7khan12

Panel of Selectors
^ dont think he'll be playing, hope that ashwin replaces chawla in the side now. i dont know why they gave him a comeback in the first place :facepalm

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
there's some context which makes it nice. SAs loss to england means if they fail to win here then they're facing a shoot out with bangladesh.

obviously you'd fancy them to comfortably hammer bangladesh but I dunno, last game of the group stages, must win, facing going out to unfancied small team. that's a lot of pressure, lest anyone say what we're all thinking.

Nope. South Africa are yet to face Ireland in this group. So if SA lose tomorrow, it wont yet be a shootout for them vs Bangladesh. This group is going to be really interesting to see who ends up where, as the games go by. Bangladesh are in with a shout, SA are still not completely safe, England are in danger of losing a quarterfinal spot, WI are also not totally safe. I guess India is the only team that should feel 99% confident of a quarterfinal spot.

----------

Should SAF lose tomorrow, they will be under a lot of pressure to perform in the remaining two matches versus a strong looking Ireland and a BD playing at home. SAF virtually face elimination in case of a loss.

Thats knee jerk. SA dont face virtual elimination. If they beat both Ireland and Bangladesh (should be easier for SA that they face these two rather than India or England in their last two), they should be through to the quarters no matter what happens to the other games.

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
Nope. South Africa are yet to face Ireland in this group. So if SA lose tomorrow, it wont yet be a shootout for them vs Bangladesh. This group is going to be really interesting to see who ends up where, as the games go by. Bangladesh are in with a shout, SA are still not completely safe, England are in danger of losing a quarterfinal spot, WI are also not totally safe. I guess India is the only team that should feel 99% confident of a quarterfinal spot.

if they lose here and bangladesh beat the netherlands then it will be a shoot out regardless of what SA do against ireland.

if they lose to ireland they'll be on 4 points to bng's 6, but probably with a superior NRR that will take them through over BNG in the even of a tie of points.

if they beat ireland they'll both be on 6 so naturally, winner goes through.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Hopefully this doesn't follow the way of the other big match of the tournament. Hard to know which way this will go, before the English game SA looked awesome, now the tag is back. India on the other hand have been shaky all the way through.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
if they lose here and bangladesh beat the netherlands then it will be a shoot out regardless of what SA do against ireland.

if they lose to ireland they'll be on 4 points to bng's 6, but probably with a superior NRR that will take them through over BNG in the even of a tie of points.

if they beat ireland they'll both be on 6 so naturally, winner goes through.

All this if England beat WI in their next game. If they dont, then Bangladesh beating Netherlands will take them above England's 5 pts. Cant see SA losing to Ireland (or even Bangladesh though it will be a tougher fight against Ban). Great mystery added!

I would probably break my desk if Ashwin is not picked for this game. Cant draft him in directly for the knockouts, Dhoni. Give him match time to freshen up for the mentally challenging knockouts.

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
Imran Tahir is actually not playing against India. Bad Luck.

Its gonna be a huge game. The best game of the tournament. My Favourites South Africa because thats a must win game for them, they will come hard.

Users who are viewing this thread