March 12 : India vs South Africa

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
R.P bowls well in England and South Africa only ;)

Meet

Chairman of Selectors
Do anyone remembers Manprit Gony?I remember in 2008, due to his good bowling performance in IPL, he was brought into the indian side against SL, but from then I haven't seen of him.

puneet28

Club Captain
He is not too much good.... Even Punjab don't play him regularly...

we should look for young guys like Pradeep Sangwan etc.... some old ones like Irfan Pathan...

Irfan is fully fit now and strongly determined for comeback... I saw his interview on neo cricket some one month ago.... he has an eye on Windies and English tour by performing good in IPl so that he gets attraction...

----------

check this

India news: Irfan Pathan confident of swinging back into contention | India Cricket News | ESPN Cricinfo

Atharv

Club Cricketer
He seemed to bowling consistently between 125-135 in the previous seasons of IPL.

125-135 without swing is no good beacuse Irfan Pathan does not extract bounce neither is he quick off the pitch . So he really needs to get back his swing else their is no point in recalling him to the team.

Last edited:

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
125-135 without swing is no good beacuse Irfan Pathan does not extract bounce neither is he quick off the pitch . So he really needs to get back his swing else their is no point in recalling him to the team.
Agreed. He needs to get his swing back. Once he does that, it will be great to see him opening the bowling with Zaheer. A lethal pair!

Do anyone remembers Manprit Gony?I remember in 2008, due to his good bowling performance in IPL, he was brought into the indian side against SL, but from then I haven't seen of him.
Many bowlers bowled better than him, but as he was a part of CSK (Dhoni and Cheeka), he didn't have to work hard to get a spot in the national side. Obviously he wasn't a horse for the long run.

AkshayS

Chairman of Selectors

Why would we need Irfan back them, we alreay have Praveen Kumar who swings the ball like mad at the pave of 125-130 KPH.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
And I feel that we should have kept him in the squad. He would have recovered by now. And talknign of bowling, we don't seem to have strong bench over there. Mukund and the other fellow too got thrashed badly in their outings.

How much of a difference would have Ishant Sharma made in these conditions ? Guessing not much, but he would have been able to extract bounce from the surface.

blazerix

Club Captain
some guy on my fb posted this

Remember when you failed an examination. How many people recall that, your class, friends, relatives? You failed to make it to the IITs or IIMs. Who remembers. How many times have you had the feeling of being the best in your class, school , university, state….., you failed to get a visa stamped this quarter…, you missed a promotion this year…, how did it feel when you dad told you in your early twenties that you are good for nothing…..and now your boss tell you the same... You keep introspecting and go into a shell when people most of whom don’t matter a dime in your life criticize you, back bite you, make fun of you.

You are left sad and shattered and you cry when your own kin scoffs at you. You say I am feeling low today. It takes a lot from us to come out of these everyday situations and move on. A lot??? really? Now here’s a man standing on the third man boundary in the last over of a world cup match. The bowler just has to bowl sensibly to win this game. What the man at the boundary sees is 4 rank bad bowls bowled without any sense of focus, planning or regret. India loses, yet again in those circumstances when he has done just about everything right. He does not cry. Does not show any emotion. Just keeps his head down and leaves the field. He has seen these failures for 22 years now. And not just his class, relatives, friends but the whole world has seen these failures. We are too immature to even imagine what goes on in that mind and heart of his. That’s why I would never want to be Sachin. True, he has single handedly lifted to moods of this entire nation umpteen number of times. He has been an inspiration to rise above our mediocrity. Nobody who has ever lifted the willow even comes close to this man’s genius.

His dedication and metal strength is unparallel. This is specially for those people who would have made fun of him again last night when India lost. They are people who are mediocre in their own lives. Who just scoff at others to create cheap fun. Who have lived in a small hole throughout their lives and thought they have seen the oceans. Think about the man himself. He is 37 years of age. He has been playing almost non stop for 22 years. The way he was running and diving around the field last night would have put 22 year olds to shame. The way he played the best opening quickies in the world was breathtaking. He just keeps getting better which is by the way humanly impossible. Its not for nothing that people call him GOD. But still I don’t want to be in those shoes. We struggle in keeping our monotonous lives straight, lives which affect a limited number of people.

Imagine what would be the magnitude of the inner struggle for him, pain both mental and physical, tears that have frozen with time, knees and ankles and every other joint in the body that is either bandaged or needs to be attended to every night, eyes that don’t sleep before a big game, bats that have scored 99 international tons and still see expectations from a billion people. And he just converts those expectations into reality. We watch in awe, feel privileged. Well I think its time that his team realizes that enough is enough. They have an obligation, not towards their country alone but towards sachin. They need to win this one for him. Stay assured that he himself will still deliver and leave no stone unturned to make sure India wins this cup. This is not just a game, and he is not just a sportsman. Its much more than this. Words fail here..... God knows who ?

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
Yeah, one of my friends posted that as a note as well. I find all such stuff idiotic and lame.

AkshayS

Chairman of Selectors
@Nick - Whatever Yudi thinks, I foung it brilliant maybe because the way it is written is brilliant and Sachin is my favourite player.:thumbs
This one is truer than what Angry posted on last page.

I would repeat that Mark should away from the page for a while now.:p

blazerix

Club Captain
I thought it was pretty good too. It was well written.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
What about the young brigade of Indian pacers- Siddharth Kaul, Siddharth Trivedi and the guys from the U-19 team in Malaysia ?

Atharv

Club Cricketer
Why would we need Irfan back them, we alreay have Praveen Kumar who swings the ball like mad at the pave of 125-130 KPH.

If Irfan with swing is back then he and Praveen Kumar can always open the bowling and Zaheer can come on as first change . That might give him more overs with older ball and hence more chance to reverse and hence more wickets and hence more wins for India .

:D

Users who are viewing this thread