C Pujara
O Shah
A Mathews(4)
L Shukla (5)
W Saha
M Karthik (3)
I Sharma (2)
S Bond (1)

And KKR to win IMO...after seeing their performance tonight.

Last edited:
I think Hodge won't be dropped for Gayle. Instead Owais Shah might have to sit out. KKR is looking good and have got a dream start. Looking forward to see Bond bowling.

I think Hodge won't be dropped for Gayle. Instead Owais Shah might have to sit out. KKR is looking good and have got a dream start. Looking forward to see Bond bowling.

It will be a tough decision for KKR's management on which international player to drop :p We have Gayle, D Hussey who has performed well for us in the last two edition(Gayle in the last)...and Shah and Mathews has performed well so far..let see what they do.

We need to drop Pujara and give Vignesh a chance.

Yes, I think Vignesh can really turn it on for KKR at the top. Dav needs to put on his thinking cap on as it is decision-making time. Good problem to have though.

KKR for sure!!

My XI will be

Gayle
Tiwary
Hodge
Ganguly
Pujara
Mattews
Vignesh
Saha
Bond
Kartik
Sharma

I will pick only 3 bowlers as Vignesh is same like Matthews a medium seam bowler!!

Gayle is playing right now in the Windies (about 4 hours from Florida) is he going to be able to make it all the way to India and be in shape to play for this match? I thought the jet lag alone takes 2-3 days to get over

After getting thrashed today, it should be interesting to see if Dhoni can put up a surprise by winning this match against the odds. ;) Without any doubts, this KKR team has made a wonderful comeback to IPL finally & hence am expecting a tougher contest.

T20 is unpredictable, so that should really encourage Dhoni and his boys. And KKR have just had 2 good games. Who knows, the law of averages could catch up with them this time. Dhoni needs some luck at the toss and maybe we can see better things from CSK.

Gayle is playing right now in the Windies (about 4 hours from Florida) is he going to be able to make it all the way to India and be in shape to play for this match? I thought the jet lag alone takes 2-3 days to get over

Gayle seems to be use to it, he came to the 1st test I think it was on the day of the match or maybe the day before after arriving from the Caribbean.

I guess Kallis arrived a day before the game today vs KKR. So I guess Gayle could possibly do it too.

True, but Kallis came on a much shorter flight. If I was the owner I would not play Gayle for the 1st match, not paying someone 1000s of $ to show up in the nick of time.

Are the player salaries pro-rated for the games they play? Or do the franchises have to pay them no matter what (assuming they at least show up)

If the player is up there in time for the match and is available for selection, the franchise has to pay him the full amount. Thats what I guess is the deal.

We really need to pick up our game for this encounter. KKR is flourishing under Dada. Tiwary and Hodge are firing at the top, Ganguly is due for a big one at 3, Pujara is class, and that middle order of Angelo and Shah have already saved a game.

Bond is coming back iirc so i'm guessing Shah will have to sit out.

CSK need to make some changes. Spinners are looking good. Albie had some zip in his bowling too. We're missing that strike bowler though; we need a Vaas, a Malinga, or a Zaheer. Anyone know when Ntini is coming back?

If he isn't available i'd sit out Justin Kemp and play Thilan Thushara. Thushara has opened the bowling for Sri Lanka and can deliver for CSK as well. We won't be hit in the batting department either, as Thushara can hit a pretty long ball.
It may be harsh but I would drop Tyagi, you simply cannot give respite for such terrible bowling.

That being said, I wasn't that disappointed with our bowling performance. It was the batting that lost the game. Had Ashwin and Murali not put on the pressure early on, when Gilchrist was going bonkers, we may have had to chase 220+. Batting was meek. Vijay played a crap shot, Raina lost his head (and once again got out to a short ball), and Hayden's mistake was simply astonishing for someone of his experience and caliber. Vaas was amazing in the sense that he brought test match theories - such as probing the off stump, attacking, and forcing the batsman to make a mistake - successfully into the T20 format against a quality order. Deserved the MOM.

I'd go with:

Matthew Hayden
Murali Vijay
Suresh Raina
Albie Morkel
MS Dhoni
Subramanium Badrinath
Thilan Thushara
R Ashwin
L Balaji
Murali
Manpreet Gony