IPL Match 8- Kolkata Knight Riders vs Chennai Super Kings

Is this match rained out for sure? theres still a few hours to go

Nah heavy downpour during the evening is predicted.It isnt raining there in kolkatta now I guess.

Oh no!! Please no rains!! I am dying to see KKR vs CSK

KKR ftw for sure and CSK i do not like seeing them lose but KKR is on a dream mission

Touch match here against the Knight Riders who have been boosted with the return of the lethal combination of Gayle and Bond, who are both capable match winners in their own rights. Chennai's bowling attack is probably the weakest out of all the teams but they are fairly decent but really are missing a strike bowler. The batting department is well covered and has a good mix of batsman. Our team chemistry didn't look all too good in the first match so hopefully MSD can get some motivation in the team and hopefully they can pull off a win here.

Gony should be tried in place of Tyagi. Gony was a success in the first IPL which was played in India. Maybe that could motivate him to repeat that story here in this IPL. This would be my team (if Ntini is not yet available)

M Vijay
M Hayden
MS Dhoni
S Badrinath
S Raina
G Bailey
A Morkel
R Ashwin
L Balaji
M Gony
M Muralitharan

Give Vijay one more chance, and if he fails again, replace him with Arun Karthik or Parthiv Patel. Vijay needs to stay in there and give support to Hayden. He need not go hammer tongs, just maintain a 'run a ball' SR and stay at the crease for Hayden to blast at the other end.

Where is Vidyut? Isn't he in the squad?

He is there, but Vijay, Parthiv are better options than him. Last time, Vidyut played for CSK but he couldnt get things going at the pace required. Its been Chennai's problem that we havent been able to find a stable partner for Hayden.

Parthiv might be better option but I don't think Vijay is better. I liked Vidyut when I saw him in Challenger Series. He provides a bowling option as well.

no chance of rain till now,
btw i think bond will replace Charles Langeveldt today:help

Hey guys,

What happened to Ntini and Joginder sharma?

The opening pair isn't getting off to a good start..So CSK has to repeat the experiment this time with Parthiv and Hayden opening it out...

They should also try bringing in Manpreet Gony instead of Tyagi as he was a utter waste in the last match..

My playing XI for this match would be:
Hayden
Parthiv
Suresh Raina
M.S.Dhoni
Albie Morkel
Badrinath
Justin Kemp
Joginder Sharma
Manpreet Gony
Balaji
Muralitharan

GREAT MATCH

Ganguly - Great So IPL Captaincy VS Dhoni - Great Grewat Great Captain

rahulkhush added 1 Minutes and 15 Seconds later...

Bond Bond Bond~!!!!! :banana2:banana2:banana2

Cannot wait to start of match

Dhoni wins toss and opts to bat. Is it on the same pitch where last game was played? If yes, this could be a bad decision. Ganguly says he would have bowled anyways.

CSK need 180-190 on the board to have any chance.

Users who are viewing this thread