IPL Match 8- Kolkata Knight Riders vs Chennai Super Kings

CSK and Dhoni haters, where are you guys? Would really love to hear sound bytes from you at this moment.

CSK surely to get into the Finals! mark me here! CSK Vs MI ;)

Dhoni, Hayden, Morkel! :hpraise :happy

CSK surely to get into the Finals! mark me here! CSK Vs MI ;)

Dhoni, Hayden, Morkel! :hpraise :happy

Would love that final. A dream final for me. Dhoni's men versus Sachin's men (although my heart always stays with Chennai). Not getting too carried away, hope Chennai keeps this performance up. We will be boosted by Ntini and Hussey in the coming days of the IPL. Hope we maintain the tempo. Badri played his part today. Inspite of being criticised as someone who cant get the big hits going, he and Vijay set the total up for us with good help from the the marauder (Dhoni).

Its funny how Kartik and Ishant are trying to play out the overs instead of trying to go for some shots and eat int the margin of defeat. Eventually the margin of defeat plays a big hand in the moral of the team. A 50 run defeat is still huge enough in a T20.

There it is!! Crushing win for CSK! 56 run victory! We have beaten the in-form team of the tournament. KKR's run is snapped!

Last edited:
Who bought all these cr** players for KKR? I totally disagree that KKR has a good team. Their achilles's heel is still their batting.
Tiwary looks promising.
Hodge is good, but not as dangerous as a Dhoni.
Ganguly is out of touch.
Owais Shah: Not exactly a top rated batsman
Mathews: He is an allrounder.
Wriddhiman & Shukla are slightly better than tailenders.
Gavaskar: less said the better.

I just don't see this team scoring a 200. They urgently need Gayle, and Mccullum. They need to throw out Gavaskar, and bring in Pujara/Vignesh.

What a match. Gotta hand it over to CSK. Great game. Would've liked my favourite Super King, Justin Kemp to hit a few biggies. But all credit to the bowlers and Dhoni :clap

eternalhate said:
They urgently need Gayle, and Mccullum.

McCullam is a massively overhyped cricketer. What is his contributions to KKR bar that hundred and one/two fifties in the later part of IPL 2?

We need a total reshuffle. First will be get rid of this Dada.

Who will captain Kolkata then? McCullum? Gayle? Dada stays just as captain. KKR did better in IPL-I than IPL-2.

McCullam is a massively overhyped cricketer. What is his contributions to KKR bar that hundred and one/two fifties in the later part of IPL 2?

McCullum has been in pretty good touch off late. And, my personal opinion is that he is a better choice than Owais. My XI would actually look like this:

Gayle
Tiwary
Hodge
Ganguly
Pujara/Vignesh
Mathews
Wridhiman
Shukla
Langeveldt/Bond
Murali Karthik
Ishant Sharma

Last edited:
Loved today's match.There was no hint of rain.And after a initial blip we recovered massively to win by a 50 run margin.However I would want Hayden to hit some form as soon as possible.He is our power house.If he can give us a terrific start,then it'll be easy for our middle order.

Loved today's match.There was no hint of rain.And after a initial blip we recovered massively to win by a 50 run margin.However I would want Hayden to hit some form as soon as possible.He is our power house.If he can give us a terrific start,then it'll be easy for our middle order.

Yes, if Haydos gets going, its would be even more sweeter. Winning like this without Hayden's contribution has been really great for us. And the two players apart from MSD who really set us up was Badri and Vijay (though both scored at only 105-110 strike rate). Let Vijay continue opening with Hayden. If both find runs together at the same time, CSK would be hugely boosted.

Users who are viewing this thread