Match fixing!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
gold639 said:
WHAT?!?! :eek:

So you're saying that the next time India play Pakistan,only then,Justice will be done?
lol

These are the things which happen whoever won the match/series between Pak & Ind...Match Fixing :rolleyes:

Gov said:
i do admit we were beatean but i still dnt understand how we played so poorley in those last 4 games, it is an intresting theory.

How long have you been following Indian cricket? Its so common in Indian cricket that the players who perform like gods one day are reduced to that of paupers in the next few days! We are like that of a thermometer - we go up to the peak and then immediately come down to the bottom soon! we never stand in one place.

dayne said:
LOL, this keeps getting better and better, gov has contridicted himself into such a deep hole and now he cant quite get out. quick, moderators, save him! close the thread! :p

dont close it.. this guy should learn how people to react to such criticisms in forums.. let him learn!

Yeah and in other words,the Indian team is very inconsistant :)

Actually I believe that the Series might have been fixed. I also believed the same when India toured Pakistan. The matches were fixed to allow the visiting side to win so peace talks etc. would go well. This might not be true, but losing 4 consecutive ODIs at home dosen't sound right. They got out throwing their wickets away. Then again, it might have happened(we all know how corrupted the Indian government is). Players like Dravid, Kaif, Sachin and Dhoni probably didn't get bribed as they have been servicing Indian cricket for a long time(except Dhoni , who was quite new). Kaif played well, so he couldn't have been bribed. The matchfixing might have occured after the first 2 ODIs as India was winning.
Remember, all I am saying is that this might have happpened in the last two India-Pakistan tours.

Gov said:
NO i'm sayin justice will be done in the next match as this was unjust.
And I for one want to keep on beating him up for these stupid statements... so Gov, you are saying that only if next time India BEATS Pakistan, then justice will be served? How do you even bring "JUSTICE" up in this? How was being beaten by a better team (WHICH YOU ADMIT) make it unjust???? Choose your words carefully.

Its sometimes fun to watch a worm squirm painfully on a fishhook before you feed it to the fishes.

ZoraxDoom said:
Actually I believe that the Series might have been fixed. I also believed the same when India toured Pakistan. The matches were fixed to allow the visiting side to win so peace talks etc. would go well. This might not be true, but losing 4 consecutive ODIs at home dosen't sound right. They got out throwing their wickets away. Then again, it might have happened(we all know how corrupted the Indian government is). Players like Dravid, Kaif, Sachin and Dhoni probably didn't get bribed as they have been servicing Indian cricket for a long time(except Dhoni , who was quite new). Kaif played well, so he couldn't have been bribed. The matchfixing might have occured after the first 2 ODIs as India was winning.
Remember, all I am saying is that this might have happpened in the last two India-Pakistan tours.
Enough. Like Andrew said, provide proof or shut up. We still live in a society where you should be presumed innocent until proven guilty. I think in a court of law this is libel or something isn't it? Defaming people without any proof whatsoever? Unfortunately in the court of public opinion that sometimes does not apply and the rumor-mongerers have a field day with crap like this.

Losing 4 consecutive ODI's at home doesn't sound right? What's Bangladesh doing for the last 4 years then? They must have extremely rich players.

That was a conceit, but what I am saying is that Pakistan ARE a better ODI I team and they HAVE a better attitude than the Indian cricket team, therefore they DESERVED to win the ODI series. The question of back-to-back wins never even arises. I was in fact surprised that India even managed to take a 2-0 lead in the series. I had expected Pakistan to win 4-2 or 5-1, with India stuffing in their matches somewhere in the middle.

shahid6995 said:
Enough. Like Andrew said, provide proof or shut up. We still live in a society where you should be presumed innocent until proven guilty. I think in a court of law this is libel or something isn't it? Defaming people without any proof whatsoever? Unfortunately in the court of public opinion that sometimes does not apply and the rumor-mongerers have a field day with crap like this.
It could certainly be construed as libel.

But as I said, and shahid said, put up or shut up. From now on, any accusation of match fixing must be backed up with concrete evidence, or the post will be removed.

The FBI can handle this :p

anyone from the FBI here can find evidence.Anyone here??

Why would Americans want to stick their nose into this? If anyone is to be called into action, it's the ICC's Anti-Corruption Unit. Headed by Sir.... I can't remember his name. :D

ZoraxDoom said:
but losing 4 consecutive ODIs at home dosen't sound right. They got out throwing their wickets away.

So I guess England fixed their home ODI series (NatWest series) against New Zealand and the West Indies because they lost 5 of the 6 games comprehensively? No!

I know there has been trouble with Indian and Pakistani players in the past with match fixing but why can't it just be possible that India just didn't perform and Pakistan did? Why has there got to be this big hoo-haa when one of them loses that it has to be a fix?

Lets just leave it at Pakistan beat India in the ODI series because they played better than India, yeh?

And close this thread so that we can actually 'leave it' at that instead of entering another loop where someone says, "But I think it's fixed" and then fifteen members try to drill it into their brain, that they are incorrect. :p

sohummisra said:
And close this thread so that we can actually 'leave it' at that instead of entering another loop where someone says, "But I think it's fixed" and then fifteen members try to drill it into their brain, that they are incorrect. :p
Don't worry about that. As I said, any post about match fixing that doesn't provide evidence will be deleted as soon as I see it, so any post accusing the Indians of match fixing will have to be a pretty good one to get past the radar! :D

Why did you delete that post?

Or did Andrew detect it on his radar?:p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread