Match : New Zealand vs South Africa

Ntini dropped Fleming twice. He was feilding out on deep square leg both times, and dropped easy catches from a hook and one of those square leg front foot shots. Fleming did have a bit of luck to go as well as he did!

Fleming: I'm glad with how we batted, but the game is by no means over yet. It hangs in the balance and it is up to our bowlers to take the crucial wickets. I've very happy with the way i played, although i did get some letoffs. There was a dissapointing collapse in the middle of the game, but Oram played brilliantly and lifted the run rate a lot. Let's hope we can finish strong and make the final!

well played vetts...it really good to see some positive performance by you. You are really improving as a player. keep it up

I know it will not be hard for kar_ind to get 292 but you never know

keep up the great work vetts and good luck kar_ind

Challenging total. :up: But a 20+ would've make NZ top in this match. By the way has anyone knows where is sangamm?

Originally posted by Kar_ind@May 22 2003, 01:27 PM
Challenging total. :up: But a 20+ would've make NZ top in this match. By the way has anyone knows where is sangamm?
I think sangam is busy doing some other stuff but I'll if I can get in touch with him

Originally posted by vetts@May 23 2003, 03:38 PM
Did he play in the last game?
I think he might have forgotten this tournament. He haven't played any match so far.

I never anticipated such a close match. It was a pressure match for both the teams. The South Africans let their wickets to fall at regular intervals. The run rate too steeped up every time causing problem for them. At one stage they were 178/6 and still 114 runs behind. It was Klusener and Boucher who were responsible for a crunching victory. I must talk about the vital contribution by Pollock. The finalscenario looked like this: SAF need 17 runs of the last over. Pollock took the strike when Cairns bowled the final over of the match
Over statistics: 4 6 wd 2 4
In the end SAF won by 3 wickets with just 2 balls to spare.

Users who are viewing this thread