Middlesbrough and West Ham: Life in the Middle: DEAD IN THE WATER: MODS SEE LAST POST

covlad-99

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
craigjazstorybanner2no0.jpg

Last night saw the end of the Premier League season, and the resignation of two high-profile Premiership managers. The first to go was Middlesbrough boss Gareth Southgate, who after a 2-0 defeat to strugglers Bolton on deadline day reportedly kept the team in after the game to give them the telling off of their lives. Borough Chairman Steve Gibson took this very badly, criticising Southgate and saying he did it to 'purposely lower morale' and that there was no place for this in his club. After Gibson said this publically on Sky Sports News, Southgate hit back by saying its 'part and parcel' of English football, and Gibson had no right to bring his post-match talks out into the open. Gibson declared his will to keep Southgate at the Riverside, but Southgate has since resigned as manager and has also rejected the Director of football role at Middlesbrough.

southalqq0.jpg

Southgate steps down

The second to go, was West Ham manager Alan Curbishley, who's wife was taken ill in Hospital yesterday. Fans have wished Curbishley's wife a speedy recovery and Curbishley has also stated that he 'will be back'. Hammers Chairman Terence Brown has said that he knew the Boss's wife well, and she is definately the kin of person who relishes a challenge, and she 'won't give up without a fight.

42362615curbspa300bc3.jpg

Curbishley thanks fans for time at Upton Park

It is not known who will take charge at both of the clubs, but it is said that out-of-work and former West Ham player Iain Dowie is hot favourite for the Hammers job, and former England boss Steve McClaren is apparently the front runner for the Borough hot-seat, in what would be his second stint at the Riverside.

Last edited:

Jaztheman

Chairman of Selectors
Great start Craig. Just thought I would say this is a joint story by me and Craig, kind of in the style of Jack and Ben's but different at the same time. Hope you enjoy it.

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Nice start lads. Been some good talk about it in MSN, lets see if you can top our presentation :p

You see the 'ABC' button at the top of the posting box? Above smilies. Use that to check if you have any spelling errors. Comes in handy :)

treva added 22 Minutes and 13 Seconds later...

I've been told you guys can't (Oh yeh, it's good to be a mod :p). Maybe use spell check in word or summat, or skim read it so there isn't any spelling mistakes...

covlad-99

International Cricketer
Don't worry about that Audrey! Jaz and I are just setting up the online game and from there on its a go-er!

thesweepmaster

County Cricketer
Just one thing I would like to add is Iain Dowie isn't unemployed anymore, he is at Q.P.R. now, I know i'm being picky but that is Audrey for you! :p. Also what do you use to play online against eachother as I wouldn't mind giving internet play a bash and I am pretty bored of wacking the computer with my Redditch side on FM05?

Jaztheman

Chairman of Selectors
Just because you have a job doesn't mean you can't be in contention for another job, you nit picker. :p We just use FM08 to play online, we were going to use Hamachi but we decided not too. There are a few tutorials on the internet on how to join or set up an internet game, so give it a crack mate. :)

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
Good luck with this story, who is controling who?

saladguy

PCPL Season 2: Outstanding Performer (Division 2)
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Yeah, I would like to know that aswell :D

covlad-99

International Cricketer
All will be revealed soon. However, I doubt this story will get up and running anymore because we can't get the online working, and Jaz hasn't been on all morning so it looks like the story is off guys :(

Next time I talk to Jaz, we'll see if we can do a joint story without going online, so if you have any ideas post 'em up.

covlad-99

International Cricketer
Since Jaz has said the above comment, we have just about given up on the online thing :p

Manly

Thor
Whichever one of you has the latest version, uninstall and move the updates folder from the Program Files\SI\etc. to somewhere different, when you re-install, it SHOULD be v8.0.
If you've done that, have you got Hamachi? That helps (I believe, though I'm not sure...)
Then one of you start the game etc. and on the Preferences, go to Network/Connection/whatever it happens to be, and click Run as Server.
The other person should then go on Network from the main menu, and "Join other Server" there should then be a pop-up, and you need the IP off of the other guy, which he will find in the place where he clicked the tick-box. Then if it is passworded, wang it in and you SHOULD be good to go.

Sorry if you've done all this and it hasn't worked, just trying to lend a hand from experience.

Users who are viewing this thread