Munaf Patel

manee

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Let's bump this thread a bit. Yes, he came onto the scene, gave all he promised bowling from 130-145kph and had great accuracy and yorkers but he has really fallen away since then...

Here are a few articles of interest in chronological order from earliest to latest:

-Munaf bursts onto the scene (2003)

-Prasad feels Munaf lacks intensity

-Munaf hurt by speculation over fitness
------------------------------------------------------------------------
INSIDE MUNAF'S MIND
Ajay S Shankar
Indian Express
30th September 2007

He’s not fit, not intense enough, needs to show more commitment— that’s the official version. but Munaf Patel

STRETCHED out on the white, crumpled bed in a dark hotel room near the railway station in Pune, curtains drawn, sheets pulled up to his chin, the left hand limp, clutching the muted TV remote, the Twenty20 fireworks exploding in a blur before him, the life of one India’s most promising fast bowlers today hangs on one word: Izzat.

Full article: http://www.cricketweb.net/forum/showthread.php?p=1337370#post1337370

What is your view on Munaf Patel? Should he play, is there any hope to get him to bowl at full capacity instead of idolising Mcgrath, or should we give up on him and play people who promise less and deliver more.

siddharth2002

National Board President<br /><a href="showthread.
Play those who actually perform well and are fitter with good attitude on and off the field. Whatever Munaf is babbling on is not gonna get him in Indian team. Prasad is the bowling coach and made those comments based on his observations and they were for the benefit of Indian cricket team.

baburao

Club Cricketer
I think the only thing that can help him is he should play county cricket in England.

manee

Chairman of Selectors
Slight problem is that he barely knows English.

Slight problem indeed.

In all seriousness though, if he can learn the basics and get a translator for more complex language in training regimes, I think he could be fine. I hope he goes to Worcestershire like earlier planned and he meets a bowling coach who points him in the right direction.

Leggie

Chairman of Selectors
i think munafs days as an indian player are numbered unless he joins a county side...

irfan pathan is who he should be like, look at his comeback.

manee

Chairman of Selectors
You'd sleep with Irfan if you had the oppurtunity , wouldn't you !

In a metaphorical sense - yes.

He's a good-looking man...:spy

Perfect responce imo.

Not only do I admire the man but can associate with him too being a left arm medium pacer with a similar action - except, I am a lot more worse obviously.

Last edited:

Will_NA

Chairman of Selectors
But 5 months ago, you would have been quicker :cool:

Cricket_god

Associate Cricketer
Nice find,

If he can bowl at 145 with his current health as he grows he should put some weight and train harder he can maintain it ,For the first time i feel
greg chappel has done some thing bad,

I think its good that he is dropped he need to bowl around 140 bowling quick is more in the mind if he thinks he can't be accurate at that pace he has some bad mentors,as imran khan once said to wasim akram bowl quick accuracy will come.

Excessive knowledge is also a bad thing those people who put such things in to his mind are clowns

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread