Murali Chucking or NOT ?

madmattg

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
The University of WA has deemed Muralia's doosra is Illegal due to him straighting his arm twice the legal limit.

Now Sri Lanka are appealing to the ICC for a change in rules. If the rules dont chnage and the doosra is illegal what should happen?

In other sports you can be stripped of you medals or titles if you are found to bring the sport in disrupute or cheat ( ie take steroids ) so why not take his wickets away that were deemed to be from chucking?

What do you think should happen?

Yes, it would seem reasonable to strip his wickets away, but the thing is not all his wickets taken were from the doosra. So in a way we're taking a lot more wickets then the amount that should be taken.

Of course you could say that he deserved it but personally I'd just take enough away to take him out of the running for most wickets taken, but not all his wickets.

Yes but they know exactly how mant wickets were taken from the Doosra, I have heard at least one half. But either way its a considerable amount

it's an interesting move to ban certain deliveries only..may be they should also ban Lee and shobby's 'extra' quick bouncers and yorkers.

Its not banning certain deliveries its looking at the legality of them.

I dont think Murali should loose any wickets. From the findings I think it is also unfair to say he chucks the ball. His flex is no more than that of the majority of fast bowlers. I think that the ICC needs to have a serious look at its regulations.

The findings are that Murali brings his arm over as fast as fast bowlers do. Therefore why should he be punished for something that is completely legitimate for a fast bowler.

The finding are that he does a flexion of twice the legal limit.

How can you even think that is the same...................

Twice the legal limit that has been set for spinners but they have not tested any other spinners.

The flexion that Murali has is the same as the legal limit for fast bowlers.

hes a chucker, he has talent but his action breaks the rules. Michael Holding sumed it up brilliantly the other day on sky sports talking to beefy

Originally posted by Darren
Twice the legal limit that has been set for spinners but they have not tested any other spinners.

The flexion that Murali has is the same as the legal limit for fast bowlers.

Thats like getting done for speeding in a residential area for doing the same speed as a highway.

You know you still cant do it, so you get penalised if you do.

Originally posted by The_gas
hes a chucker, he has talent but his action breaks the rules. Michael Holding sumed it up brilliantly the other day on sky sports talking to beefy

What did he say?

Or is that all that he did say?

Originally posted by Darren
I dont think Murali should loose any wickets. From the findings I think it is also unfair to say he chucks the ball. His flex is no more than that of the majority of fast bowlers. I think that the ICC needs to have a serious look at its regulations.

The findings are that Murali brings his arm over as fast as fast bowlers do. Therefore why should he be punished for something that is completely legitimate for a fast bowler.

He has a flexion of 14 degrees in the Doosra the most a fast bowler obtains is 10 degrees and other spin bowlers have a flexion of 5 degrees.

Let him bowl the ball and ban the chucker.

I thought that they remodelled his action whilst he was in Australia which got it down to 10 degrees? (its some where on the Wisden site)

Will be interesting to see what happens today as he has stated that no one has told him he is not allowed to bowl the doosra but the ICC are saying he will be band! Think fireworks are likely at some point in the match!!!

Dennis Lillee - aluminium bat??? Sorry - before my time

Users who are viewing this thread