Muslims Allowed Girlfriends?

Are Muslims Allowed Girlfreinds?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why not? Humans have never divulged down near the Earth's core and it is entirely speculation what lies down there.

It's not speculation. The Earths core is mainly made of Iron (molten). We know this by analyzing the 'insides' of meteorites, which have very similar properties to us. Our planet would be pretty damn could without the iron core. Without it we wouldn't have seismic waves and we wouldn't have a magnetic field.

It is ridiculous to call it speculation because we can't touch it. There is more than enough evidence to know what our core and indeed our whole planet is made of. As for anything living/existing down there other than rock and 'hot' rocks is ludicrous.

True but this isnt exactly talking about girlfriends is it? More like Evolution, god etc.

Thanks for stating the obvious. But i doubt anyone else has anything to say on the issue since no one knows (even the muslim members)

Anyway personally i've always been in between, I've always wanted to believe there's a god, but then i think to much about it and it then seems to me its just a fairytale.

I have a question to those religous people. You claim when you die that you are assesed by god (or whoever) whether your allowed into heaven. Would a non-believer be allowed in or only those who believe? Cause if thats true then hell will be pretty full.......

It's not speculation. The Earths core is mainly made of Iron (molten). We know this by analyzing the 'insides' of meteorites, which have very similar properties to us. Our planet would be pretty damn could without the iron core. Without it we wouldn't have seismic waves and we wouldn't have a magnetic field.

It is ridiculous to call it speculation because we can't touch it. There is more than enough evidence to know what our core and indeed our whole planet is made of. As for anything living/existing down there other than rock and 'hot' rocks is ludicrous.

I understand about the molten iron in the outer core and the solid iron in the inner core (or is it the other way around), but we are oblivious to what lies down there on a spiritual level. Of course, I am not suggesting this literally, but am merely suggesting that all which is not tangible can not be 100% scientifically proved and therefore nor can the state of the human 'thinking' mind after death.

I understand about the molten iron in the outer core and the solid iron in the inner core (or is it the other way around), but we are oblivious to what lies down there on a spiritual level. Of course, I am not suggesting this literally, but am merely suggesting that all which is not tangible can not be 100% scientifically proved and therefore nor can the state of the human 'thinking' mind after death.
This is another thing i dont understand. A humans thinking and memory is situated in the brain, when your dead, your uh....dead!! Your body is shut down, your brain which once ran off blood flow is nothing.

This is another thing i dont understand. A humans thinking and memory is situated in the brain, when your dead, your uh....dead!! Your body is shut down, your brain which once ran off blood flow is nothing.

I do not highly buy into the thinking that the mind's actions are completely controlled by the brain. For example, how are people so unique if we all rely on the same mechanism for work. How can something have the power to comprehend its own existance. The whole idea of Homo Sapiens Sapiens appearing at all by nature seems highly dubious to me.

I do not highly buy into the thinking that the mind's actions are completely controlled by the brain. For example, how are people so unique if we all rely on the same mechanism for work. How can something have the power to comprehend its own existance. The whole idea of Homo Sapiens Sapiens appearing at all by nature seems highly dubious to me.

Actually, your right when it comes to uh... *ba chika wa-wa* :p

ahhhh im such a sicko, anyway

Yes it can. What is the "spiritual level" ?! It's all imagination.

Blackholes, on the other hand, there IS evidence for? You keep coming up with claims such as there's no evidence, do you research ? There's an immense amount of evidence, and it's pretty conclusive that black holes exist. I know wikipedia isn't always the best source but hey
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_hole

I do research, actually, but let's leave the real life out of this. I did not say there is no evidence for black holes, I said there isn't conclusive, uncontested evidence.

http://blog.case.edu/case-news/2007/06/20/blackholes

For the record, I do believe that black holes exist, but it's more out of deference to the credentials of all the people who have put a lifetime's work into their study, than a complete understanding of the physics involved.

Do you not see the difference? It's very very likely that they do exist. There is evidence. So people are not wasting their lives on researching them for no reason. What evidence do you have for hell ?

I read a philosophical text during an exam called The Official Doctrine which seemed to point out that the human body and mind are two entities, together in life and separate in death. The point I am making is that you seem to be sure that we as humans can only exist as carbon based, oxygen dependant entities, even in death - where our bodies are quite clearly either underground or ash. You talk about scientific proof, but there is no proof either way for what happens when we die to our minds. Everything is theory and nothing is theorem for what happens to our minds when we die.
I'm going to be blunt for the first time. You can get away with saying anything in philosophy. It's such a wishy washy subject. I don't really care about what that guy says, since it's philosophy. I'm not one for that. I'm a guy who lives life based on science. If you want to imagine stuff, that's fine, but that's not how the world runs. The above paragraph is a whole load of hocus pocus.

Last edited:
I'm going to be blunt for the first time. You can get away with saying anything in philosophy. It's such a wishy washy subject. I don't really care about what that guy says, since it's philosophy. I'm not one for that. I'm a guy who lives life based on science. If you want to imagine stuff, that's fine, but that's not how the world runs. The above paragraph is a whole load of hocus pocus.

You misunderstand my motives. I am a former theist and now an agnostic who is merely musing certain texts and informations here to see what sort of credibility they have with a mind who has not ever been a theist. I am not trying to convince you, by any means, just musing.

It's alright. Often I think "WTF" in my head, before going on to scribe a paragraph that's a bit more politically correct, as you need to in debates such as this.

Do you not see the difference? It's very very likely that they do exist. There is evidence. So people are not wasting their lives on researching them for no reason. What evidence do you have for hell ?

Come on, don't take it so literally. The whole black hole versus hell thing was an in-joke anyway :p

http://improbable.com/2007/12/19/walter-lewin-the-physicist-who-now-knows-hell/

And philosophy is not all balderdash. Descartes, Pascal and Russell were all great philosophers and also great scientists. You should read the Wikipedia articles on Kant and Spinoza; there is some good stuff you've been missing out on :)

Come on, don't take it so literally. The whole black hole versus hell thing was an in-joke anyway
You made that very apparent.

Yes, philosphy is good in some sense. But not in a scientific arguement. I never said one can't be a "good" philosopher and a scientist. However, what defines "good" philosphy? It's all very subjective.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread