Muslims Allowed Girlfriends?

Are Muslims Allowed Girlfreinds?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Excuse me, but when did religion become allowed at Planetcricket? This is exactly the reason it isn't. All that has occurred in here is a lot of you're wrong and I'm right discussion, which is what these debates always turn into.

No one here has the answer to life's ultimate question, and no one here should pretend that they do. You have the right to believe what you want to and no one should even attempt to offend or discourage each other.

No matter what you believe in, it should not affect anyone else, and no one should showboat their own beliefs and call themselves right.

This thread will be closed immediately if the discussion continues. This topic is not a debate over whether God exists. It's about whether Muslims are allowed girlfriends.

And don't give me thread evolution, because it's against the rules to talk about religion. I hope most of you are smart enough to know why after this.
No one's blasting each other, and a reasoned debate has been carried out maturely so far. I see no reason why this can't carry on. Yes, the rules say it isn't, but to put the rules into context, it's to avoid a sledging match which hasn't happened so far.

Of course beliefs (and opinions) need to be debated, else forums wouldn't exist. You're telling me one's view that Hayden is the best batsman should not be challenged by a Tendulkar supporter? Of course not, so why get touchy about this subject. I realise that to some people this is more sensitive, but as I said earlier, we're having a good discussion so it'd be wise to let it carry on surely.

Well you kind of answered your own post. Because people do get quite worked up and someone's religious beliefs are a bit different from a cricketer's ability. And a few posts had been banging on about why religion is not good and asking members to "prove" why they believe.

There definitely is a sledging match going on right now, and arguments are occuring. Once again, the rules are to avoid offense as well as flaming. A lot of people will be very offended and we have to avoid that.

There definitely is a sledging match going on right now, and arguments are occuring. Once again, the rules are to avoid offense as well as flaming. A lot of people will be very offended and we have to avoid that.

So far from what i've seen its been a pretty mature debate (other than the odd moron most likely aged under 16) but they are easily ignored as they make no vaild points.

If people are offended by what ive seen said then i think they have problems...

yes I mean people should be little calm on these topics, I would not take offence if the point was kinda you know not over the top and stuff, like It's just people expressing themselves but should remember they don't hurt anyone.

SO far it's been like that, hope it stays.

And a few posts had been banging on about why religion is not good and asking members to "prove" why they believe.
Asking for proof is a perfectly acceptable form of any debate. I don't know what's insensitive about that.

Asking for proof is a perfectly acceptable form of any debate. I don't know what's insensitive about that.

First of all we all are not religious experts, I mean I don’t even think I know every single thing about all this stuff. It is not a very easy thing to ask someone to prove “God”.

Another thing that is questionable which is, why should people who believe in “God” should actually prove it to guys like you in the first place? I mean it is a self-believe more then anything. If we believe that there is the almightily, who is the all powerful, it’s no wrong. The thing you are ignoring is that “science” is not everything, people did live before science came into the scenes. People use to believe in supernatural magic (still do), but science comes and tells that these are just what your brain is making you think and it‘s “illogical“, not real. I mean I can remember many scientists who believed in God on the other hand also believed in the Scientific ideas which were far away.

Religion (my) teaches you to gain knowledge, actually it says it’s a goal, and equally important aspect, it is obligatory. It also teaches to give charity to the poor, and help in the humanitarian cause. I mean they are spending billions and billions of dollars to explore the outer world while the kids in Africa suffer to die. My religion teaches you to live a very responsible life. I find it hard just to explain that there are other things which are far bigger then proving God. The fact that you cannot prove that there is no god just like we cannot that there is. it’s a belief. If you want to, good for you, if not, good luck.

I agree, it's a belief system. It's okay if you believe it but some people try and justify their belief with inconsistent, illogical and untrue evidence.

Morality is a separate issue. I don't think that without religion, life would be immoral. You can be a good human being without religion. Morality comes through society, through family. I don't need religion to tell me that killing people is wrong. Athiests have morals too.

That's a bit like going to someone's funeral and saying,

"Prove to me he was a good person"

You just don't do it. It's a persons personal opinion

I agree, it's a belief system. It's okay if you believe it but some people try and justify their belief with inconsistent, illogical and untrue evidence.

Morality is a separate issue. I don't think that without religion, life would be immoral. You can be a good human being without religion. Morality comes through society, through family. I don't need religion to tell me that killing people is wrong. Athiests have morals too.

I agree but who is to judge who is moraly right and wrong?

I agree but who is to judge who is moraly right and wrong?
People judge for themselves. If a hooligan killed a friend, I wouldn't say "Well, I'm not sure if that's good or not, it's not up to me to decide". Give humans more credit. We're intelligent enough to decide what's right or wrong (in most cases).

Definately. Religions merely aided the process back when they were founded. These days, morals have little relationship with religion.

Exactly. I'm an Athiest, because I see no proof for any existance of god or any prophets, I do not believe that there is a higher power and I believe that within almost certainty that the Worlds development can be explained through science, as can our evolution through survival of the fittest and gene heritage.

I do however, that believing is a very powerful thing. I've also wondered how brilliant it must be to have total faith in something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread