Review My initial impressions of AC13

volley191

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Licences are bidding wars - you bid high for the license and then have to make the game cheap, that means you have to cut corners, even if you have the best design intentions.

Well those two licenses have gone to waste to say the least.. Really wish BigAnt get those licenses from the next installment and along with Cricket Academy the game would be much more awesome..

whiteninness

Panel of Selectors
Well those two licenses have gone to waste to say the least.. Really wish BigAnt get those licenses from the next installment and along with Cricket Academy the game would be much more awesome..

Bit of a poisson chalice though. They seem to come with lots of restrictions and don't add much to what we already have with Cricket Academy.

If given the option of:

a) Bradman 14 as is

b) Bradman 14 + Ashes licence - cricket academy flexibility, at least for Aus and Eng players

I'd definitely choose the former.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
It beggars belief to think what state this game was in when it was ditched in June......

I'm gonna tell you right now, there was no game in June. I defy anyone to watch the gameplay of the current "release" and say otherwise. No way... No possible way was this game a "game" of any description in June. Maybe a really rough "something" but in no way a playable game. I'm starting to question the development time on this title... Taking the money they paid for the licenses and putting it into Facebook stock would've been a smarter business model.

Licences are bidding wars - you bid high for the license and then have to make the game cheap, that means you have to cut corners, even if you have the best design intentions.

I think you can have the best of both worlds. You just can't OVER PAY for the licenses... which I think is what happened here. They clearly over-bid for the rights to shut out the competition. The whole approach clearly looks like "fool the consumer, the licenses will sell the product" rather than "respect the consumer, make a quality game and the licenses will support our gameplay"

I genuinely doubted Ross' assertion that they had to take into account this project because I thought it wouldn't be as good as their title, but still a game. I had absolutely no idea it was this absolutely terrible thing which takes away the really quality achievements made in AC09 and IC10. Like, I thought "Well, it might be as fun as AC09" or "Well, it might have some neat quicktime events like IC10" or something to hang a hat on as an improvement. No wonder Ross was concerned having this abortion on the same table as his title... It's like going to a art gallery and you've spent years on your project and a homeless guy shows up, shits on the floor and puts a $20 price tag on it.

It's a terrible day for Cricket gaming fans. This is what developers think we'll accept in 2013.

Addendum: Whomever in R&D at Trickstar/505 thought it would be a good idea to have the EXACT SAME BACK-STRETCH ANIMATION EVERY DELIVERY needs to think about whether or not they're in the right profession. That is possibly the stupidest animated thing I've seen in over 20 years of being a cricket game connoisseur.

116355d1385100438-ashes-cricket-2013-general-discussion-now-available-twerkit.gif

...that will be the final haunting image of this game for decades to come.

Last edited:
D

Dutch

The only positive I can see about this game is that I didn't buy it.

I just had a good sit through some of the videos. I mean, anyone, anyone can see that this is rubbish, utter junk and four steps backwards from anything.

1. How is it possible to believe that in September 2012 this game had already had a nine month development behind it?

2. How is it possible to believe that anything, anything has been done since June when the game was ditched for not being good enough?

3. What changed their mind now about releasing when the game is clearly, clearly not good enough?

4. Why are we treated in this way?

5. What happened to all the user input we have been giving over the past year and a half to have the game "the fans want"?

The only "fan" this game wants is the one which the shit hits.

Yes it is only a game, a cricket game and is not the end of the world but it is morally wrong, utterly morally wrong.

ParkedTheBus

International Coach
Profile Flag
Australia
"Pathetic" is an understatement. If the game is like this after a couple of months beyond the original release date , wonder what it would have been in July. Now , where's my Allan Border cricket ?!?!?!

----------

Trust me , this game has worse graphics than Charlie's Angels ( Remember that :p ) and is the worst licensed game since E.T ( :eek:) .

yusuf_m

School Cricketer
The worst cricket game ever released...

The Art of Cricket alpha demo was developed by two amateurs in their spare time and is more like cricket than this travesty.

What really grates though is the blatant lying from all their representatives past and present about the state of the game. There was no way anything, ANYTHING was ready while we were being told about "features" and gameplay.

Such consistent and barefaced fibbing deserves a round of applause :clap :clap

Take a bow Trickstar , take a bow.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
The worst cricket game ever released...

The Art of Cricket alpha demo was developed by two amateurs in their spare time and is more like cricket than this travesty.

What really grates though is the blatant lying from all their representatives past and present about the state of the game. There was no way anything, ANYTHING was ready while we were being told about "features" and gameplay.

Such consistent and barefaced fibbing deserves a round of applause :clap :clap

Take a bow Trickstar , take a bow.

They could have finished the game and release that as Ashes game....Then it would have been awesome....I loved TAOC and I still have that demo...:thumbs

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
5. What happened to all the user input we have been giving over the past year and a half to have the game "the fans want"

Hear hear...

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
It's time like this that make you long for the EA days... and that's saying something!

I think I'll put the ?14 I've saved on this game towards Don Bradman... or maybe a PS4. Or a nice lunch.

WORLD CHAMPIONS

PC Battrick Cup Champion S17
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Arguably the most Horrible game ever released. I can barely stand for 5 mins. I would rather go for arrange marriage rather trying hard to adapt this pile of crap. Trickstar, you people have really tricked us to spend our cash on your Horrible Amazing Cricket game !! Bravo ........ :cheers

This the first time i have witnessed that ESC key has a very significant role in a game :eek:

Last edited:

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Arguably the most Horrible game ever released. I can barely stand for 5 mins. I would rather go for arrange marriage rather trying hard to adapt this pile of crap. Trickstar, you people have really tricked us to spend our cash on your Horrible Amazing Cricket game !! Bravo ........ :cheers

This the first time i have witnessed that ESC key has a very significant role in a game :eek:

I had trouble finding the END key on my laptop.. I then wanted to END my life

Users who are viewing this thread