New details on Cricket 2005...

even the players faces in cricket 2005 are much much better than BLIC.
in BLIC the players look as if someone has smashed their faces

jk16_4 said:
even the players faces in cricket 2005 are much much better than BLIC.
in BLIC the players look as if someone has smashed their faces

actually its the other way round, in EA cricket 2005, players don't even look like cricket players, are hard to recognize and are virtual gurilas

Sounds not unlike in recent fifa games, they look well modelled, textured and shaded, just not right.

barmyarmy said:
p*ss poor AI and loads of bugs...
There is no contest here. BLIC has altered names in the non-official tournaments that you can easily change with the player editor. EA has a game that frustrates you SO much that you end up throwing your computer monitor out the window.

I know which one I'd prefer.

CaptainOZ said:
There is no contest here. BLIC has altered names in the non-official tournaments that you can easily change with the player editor. EA has a game that frustrates you SO much that you end up throwing your computer monitor out the window.

I know which one I'd prefer.

what the use in editing if the commentator's are not going to chant their
real names.

Does it matter? The edited names will be recognisable any way, like Trescathack as Trescothick. The commentators will say the real names of the players in the ICC licensed modes.

If you want a game that has real names but poor AI and loads of bugs as an extra, go out and buy Cricket 2005. I can't wait for BLIC, it looks like a great game with intelligent AI, unique game modes and hardly any bugs. I'll be buying it on the day of release.

I'm not here to tell you which one to buy, but anyone with half a brain would realise the fake names doesn't effect the AI at all!

sachin said:
Yeah i agree heartily with you skateboarder2.And at least they will have different commentary and some proper bowling actions.
I think most people were saying this until this new release of information where it mentioned highlights at the end of innings etc. and everyone has gone crazy saying it will be excellent, what is the point in seeing highlights of stupid run outs like the were in c2004 and highlighst of you ripping through the poor a.i. This is turning into rant but oh well. What people fail to realise is E.A have got some great features and implemented some good graphics but these are all redundant without the basics such as gameplay and a.i etc which by the look of the videos it is still missing but BLIC has in abundance.

Everyone seems to already have played Cricket2005 and know of all the bugs/bad points, when are people going to grow a brain?

No one has played Cricket2005 or BLIC but yet your all saying BLIC is bug free and Cricket2005 is not? WTF, I am so sick of you people who know everything already. I most likely won't be buying Cricket2005 but I might get RPIC, but I ain't consistantly complaining about bugs that I don't even know are in Cricket2005. I made a thread a while ago saying Cricket2005 looks to be the sameas 2004, and looking at the video's a few of those problems/bugs still remain but I ain't going to keep going on about them until the game is released.

I hear you ajay2k5. Just wait and see people. Why make up your mind before the games even come out? Such debates are only truly valid when the games are released or when we get some good reviews by people who know the game of cricket and know the history of computer cricket games. Having said that I'll get both. Im sure each game will have its good and bad points.

Agree with you there Energizer & ajay2k5; some sense at last. Whilst I agree with people's sentiments on C2002 & C2004, I'd be extremely surprised (and disappointed) if the same bugs & AI issues were still present in C2005. EA insist they've listened to the community; surely they know they won't be able to get away with the same glaring flaws a third time.

That said, the superb (& much appreciated) fixes & mods by numerous individuals actually made C2004 playable & enjoyable. And judging by the number of threads on the C2004 Stories forum, plenty of people still do play & enjoy it (albeit for the lack of an alternative) - I suppose it must be a love/hate relationship.

Personally, I can't wait for C2005 & BLIC; no doubt both will have their plusses & minuses, but I'm sure that with County Cricket & Overseas tours in C2005, and the ICC tournaments in BLIC, between them you'll get the best cricket experience to date. Not perfect perhaps, but sports games that have all the official content (e.g. FIFA 2005) and near-perfect gameplay (Pro Evo 4), and are bug-free are pretty thin on the ground.

In short, saying "I'm not buying this, I'm buying that" on the strength of some marketing hyperbole, a short video clip and a few screenshots is a little short-sighted. And before you say it, yes a demo would be nice, but there is nothing overly sinister about the lack of a demo before a release date - Half Life 2 anyone ?

jk16_4 said:
what the use in editing if the commentator's are not going to chant their
real names.

Commentators will not be a problem because Rubber genius has already said that it depends on ID number so players will be called with their correct names.

as for half life it was released by valve's second game after the award winning h-life so they most probably wouldnt go that wrong but they did provide the cs source demo

The weird thing about the reviews that I have read is that the complaints are minor to be honest.

They complained about the picture in picture thing where u can see how you run between the stumps. Both BLIC and Cricket 2005 have that I believe and I don't see it as a problem, as once you know how long it takes to fit in a run you don't even need that picture in picture..

They complained about how the timing was to hard to get right, uh hang on isn't this what we all wanted? a harder game?

They also complained about the slow unresponsive controls when manual fielding, which IMO would be probably true as all cricket 2k games sucked in manual fielding. Thats why I use Auto.

They said it took them 3 matches to get the umpire to show the finger, hey that sounds great, it means I'll have a score to chase.

The commentry still sucks arese though, when will EA/HB learn that we HATE it...

All this was taken off the Official PS2 Magazine Review, which can be found in the BLIC forum at Codemasters website, and the thread is closed but u can still read it.

http://community.codemasters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53921

So to me the game sounds harder, all the vids I have seen has a person doing the batting not CPU, but I would like to see a vid of CPU batting and player bowling.

I said earlier I most likely won't get Cricket 2005 but after thinking I decided I might need something to get me through to when RPIC is released by codies, which will be in October (first week I have heard).

Last edited:
Asjad said:
actually its the other way round, in EA cricket 2005, players don't even look like cricket players, are hard to recognize and are virtual gurilas

Asjad,you misunderstood it. i said abt player faces,not player models.

player models are a little like vrtual gurilas as you say but pl take a look
again at BLIC's player faces

Users who are viewing this thread