New Update Discussion

Are YOU aware of the concept of get best? As far as I could tell, it was meant to "get the best" community content... Are you suggesting there's no community content on the academy?

You do know he's one of the few people spending hours of his own time to accurately make the teams and players that you and everyone else will then download from the community without thanking him once? The game was supposed to be released tomorrow. The only things that can be downloaded on the community server are things that people have made themselves from nothing in their own free time. Give them a break and have some patience. [/stilltryingtobereasonable]

You do know he's one of the few people spending hours of his own time to accurately make the teams and players that you and everyone else will then download from the community without thanking him once? The game was supposed to be released tomorrow. The only things that can be downloaded on the community server are things that people have made themselves from nothing in their own free time. Give them a break and have some patience. [/stilltryingtobereasonable]

However, it was released last Friday...

"The only things that can be downloaded on the community server are things that people have made themselves from nothing in their own free time." - What point are you trying to make?

1 - I understand the concept of the academy...
2 - I'm talking about the get best function, which is meant to sort through all of the community made stuff and download the best of it for us... Nothing to do with the actual people making the content...

However, it was released last Friday...

"The only things that can be downloaded on the community server are things that people have made themselves from nothing in their own free time." - What point are you trying to make?

1 - I understand the concept of the academy...
2 - I'm talking about the get best function, which is meant to sort through all of the community made stuff and download the best of it for us... Nothing to do with the actual people making the content...

It's everything to do with people making the content. If people haven't made the content, there is nothing to download, and thus, no 'get best' option.

@Saeglopur Please don't bother. It really isn't worth it.

Haha, thanks. I'm heading off now anyway. Thought I'd try and do my bit. I at least really appreciate your effort with the created stuff, so thanks.

It's everything to do with people making the content. If people haven't made the content, there is nothing to download, and thus, no 'get best' option.

So you too are suggesting there's no content on the academy? If it works in some other fashion, as I've asked @SnowyCasanova to do, please educate me!

I downloaded and installed the patch and played a couple of quick matches. Seems like the patch is to address patches and stability issues because I didn't see any difference to the core gameplay. The lack of 360 degree shot control, inability to drive through covers/cover point or to glance/flick to fine leg area etc. is still present. Same with lazy AI fielding which allows run every ball. @MattW, I'm hoping Big Ant are looking into the batting related concerns.

Use the search function and use your eyes.

I know there's content on there... My question is "As there is so much content on the academy, why is the 'get best' function not working?" As it is meant to sort through this stuff, find the highest rated content and download that for us... If this is not how the get best function works, now is the time to tell me!!

Cool, an update!

I know there's content on there... My question is "As there is so much content on the academy, why is the 'get best' function not working?" As it is meant to sort through this stuff, find the highest rated content and download that for us... If this is not how the get best function works, now is the time to tell me!!

I think some people seem to think that 'Get Best' isn't working due to not all of the required teams being made yet? Even though most are, it seems not all are and linked to on disc teams, so it's not working yet?

Just a guess.

My xbox one update is 720mb
Thank god you said that. I thought I was the only crazy one with 720 MB update. It means the way X1 and PS4 works for patch submission is different. Thank goodness seeing so many ranters on PS4 it was not 720 MB for them, or else we would have seen yet another rant that we just downloaded 10 GB game(those who bought digitally) why the heck we should download one mroe GB for the game to be fixed? It should have been fixed before hand etc etc

Users who are viewing this thread