New Update Discussion

Then my question being, is it a good idea to wait for the patch and then continue my career mode? Because currently all my match XP points are not being used as I do not simulate any games I play, and my attributes remain the same negating the purpose of match XP points. Should I then just wait for the fix?
If you simulate a single match you will get the entire backlog of earned attribute increases - so simulating one game a year would be enough to keep it ticking over.

Thanks :) Seems like quite a clunky system though! Surely they could have designed it to download all the ones that are available and ignore the gaps???

Yes, and who needs the hundreds and hundreds of domestic teams on disc. They are just placeholders and generic anyway and no additional effort required for Bigant (so another promotional tactic) :facepalm:facepalm. The community/individuals could always have created whatever teams are in popular demand....hell I can even create a team called Bees and Flies if I want to....no need for that to exist on disk...:eek:

Last edited:
Did you expect them to fix all the bugs in a matter of couple of days? They did the right thing by focussing on stability issues first, hopefully there's an improvement over there. Other than that, you need to be patient and wait for the next patch (which might take a few weeks at-least) which I am confident will focus on improving gameplay experience.
They did not have a couple of days....they had more than 2 years to release a developed product....by the looks of it they have not spent more than a few months to compile this piece of crap.

They did not have a couple of days....they had more than 2 years to release a developed product....by the looks of it they have not spent more than a few months to compile this piece of crap.
Guys "get best" is still not working for me. Did anyone of you successfully replaced the teams? If yes, please provide the steps. Thanks

Currently dont have time to look through forums so sorry if this has already been said, dowloaded new patch this morning and have a weird glitch affecting me my player rating is 68 but everytime i get the 15k after to match i spend it i can upgrade my player to 69, then after game my stats go back down and he goes back to 68, also if i quit carreer the game mode goes back two months and i have to fast forward in calender to go forward two months just to play a game, anyone else got this problem?
Its Basically making my carreer unplayable as i cant progess

Yes, and who needs the hundreds and hundreds of domestic teams on disc. They are just placeholders and generic anyway and no additional effort required for Bigant (so another promotional tactic)
Okay, so if you take just the on disk domestic teams - in DBC14 you can play domestic cricket in two countries.

Without downloading a single thing in DBC17, you can play a career in 8 additional countries, all with unique formats, fixtures and teams.

Without downloading a single thing in DBC17, you can start in club cricket in over 1000 different places around the world - and then earn contracts to play in competitions in all those countries.

Without downloading a single thing in DBC17, you can do all of that as a female cricketer as well! With the female career also having unique formats, fixtures and teams.

And yes - you can make your own 'Bees and Flies' - then you can design them a custom stadium - or seven - you can design and give them your own custom logo, create and customise all the players on your teams, giving them unique bats with any design you like, you could give them tattoos you design, you can create a kit for the team with any design you can think of. On console, right now, no downloads, no additional payments.

And then, once you've done that, you could make that your club team and start your career for them and work up to the international level - and then maybe you could go online and start downloading something.

Okay, so if you take just the on disk domestic teams - in DBC14 you can play domestic cricket in two countries.

Without downloading a single thing in DBC17, you can play a career in 8 additional countries, all with unique formats, fixtures and teams.

Without downloading a single thing in DBC17, you can start in club cricket in over 1000 different places around the world - and then earn contracts to play in competitions in all those countries.

Without downloading a single thing in DBC17, you can do all of that as a female cricketer as well! With the female career also having unique formats, fixtures and teams.

And yes - you can make your own 'Bees and Flies' - then you can design them a custom stadium - or seven - you can design and give them your own custom logo, create and customise all the players on your teams, giving them unique bats with any design you like, you could give them tattoos you design, you can create a kit for the team with any design you can think of.

And then, once you've done that, you could make that your club team and start your career for them and work up to the international level - and then maybe you could go online and start downloading something.
1. I do not care about women's teams, domestic teams and gully cricket.

2. I have never fussed about the 'Get Best' feature as I can individually download the 3 or 4 teams that I play with or against (India, Australia, England).

3. Logos, Tattoos and 25 different types of shirts do not make up for the broken experience, and neither does the hundreds of generic teams on the disk.

4. Gimme a game with just the international (unlicensed placeholders) teams on disk and a few different looking stadiums. We need the basic shots, animations and statistics, not more teams and stadiums and tattoos.

Look trust me @varunschuey this game is ahhf@ckinmazing if you dig deeper, play it some more, fiddle with the sliders, go create something, in no cricket game have I ever learnt to leave a ball! Yes learning how to leave a ball is quite fun... this game could well be the greatest cricket sim EVER! I mean I can guarantee by the time the annoying bugs are fixed, then every cricket game fan will be talking how good this game REALLY is! I'm hooked atm, and the best thing is,its going to get even better! Miles in front of dbc 14 already!!!

Rude is "do you guys watch or even play cricket???"

"Be pleasant and hones but not rude" - I take it you have no mirrors in your house.

I think I was being rhetorical but you haven't confirmed or denied this... Yet. And, being honest in the friendliest sense you are the ones that haven't put statistics into a statistics driven sport based game have you ever read Wisdon?

Don't mention you'll ignore people as they are welcome to their opinion. Lastly, yes I have a couple of mirrors.

1. I do not care about women's teams, domestic teams and gully cricket.

2. I have never fussed about the 'Get Best' feature as I can individually download the 3 or 4 teams that I play with or against (India, Australia, England).

3. Logos, Tattoos and 25 different types of shirts do not make up for the broken experience, and neither does the hundreds of generic teams on the disk.

4. Gimme a game with just the international (unlicensed placeholders) teams on disk and a few different looking stadiums. We need the basic shots, animations and statistics, not more teams and stadiums and tattoos.

All your points above have basically nothing to do with the point Matt was addressing below

Yes, and who needs the hundreds and hundreds of domestic teams on disc. They are just placeholders and generic anyway and no additional effort required for Bigant (so another promotional tactic)

Users who are viewing this thread