New Zealand Domestic Season

Both Brooms bring up their 100's with fours! The partnerships at 217 now.

Unfortunate for Butler, he can't even make the playing XI

"NL McCullum replaced IG Butler after lunch on Day 2."

He made three in the first innings and got hammered with the ball, hence why McCullum would have replaced him when he got back from the HK sixes.

I knew that, just thought he'd be pretty pissed with McMillan being chosen above him. Good signs for Otago though, maybe McMillan is finding some form and pace. I know he was bowling bloody fast off about a 10 step run up the other day.

McMillan used to be one of the fastest around the country until he got injured apparently

Haha, Mmmm apparently. I can't believe they've chosen to drop Ian Butler to 12th man instead of him, surely Butler offers a lot more with both bat and ball.

Hopefully we can push for a win tomorrow, I don't have a clue how the Queenstown wicket plays, anyone know what the wicket's like there?

All I remember about cricket in Queenstown is the time we demolished Bangladesh there. The ND batting lineup isn't that strong without Williamson really.

From listening on the radio a bit while studying, apparently all the wickets are pretty flat, which can be seen with most of the scores. I don't think they're roads like India, but there have been a few record partnerships so I assume if you apply yourself you can get runs. Similarly so if bowlers bowl well they're going to take wickets.

Also what's up with Wellington's attack?
Lamb, Edwards, Friday, Rhodes, never heard of any of these dudes before now, did I miss all Wellington's games last season?

Every single one of Wellington's first choice bowlers are injured at the moment lol

It'd be great if more of our domestic games were televised, I guess there's just no demand for it though. It would be great to see some OD games and even some first class games shown on TV.

Should be a good final days play tomorrow, I think most outcomes are possible in all the matches.

This sums it up really:

124186.jpg

I used to go to quite a few games at Eden Park as I live just down the road, but now they moved the Auckland games to Colin Maiden Park and I cbf catching a bus or whatever way you get out there.

I know most of the Wellington bowlers from Club cricket, they all carve it up there but first class cricket is a completely different story.

How good is Ben Wheeler? A lot of talk about Milne but Wheeler I think he could be the real deal. He can bat really well also he got a hundred against me a couple of years ago.

Bhupinder Singh looks like hes going alright, I reckon after a few more good games give him a go instead of Patel. It is a shame they don't really televise games anymore I remember even recently they would have quite a lot of one day games but now cause of twenty20 thats all we get given.

Last edited:
I would think that Beard would be ahead of Singh in the spin bowling waiting list, but then I suppose Beard is SLA whereas Singh is OS.

Chewie added 6 Minutes and 9 Seconds later...

Broom's really smashing us around. We have too many batsman that play 4-6 and not enough at 1-3 :facepalm

Is Anton Devcich a bowler? Hes bowled 28 overs and I thought he was a batter lol. Could Broom be the next one to be given a crack at test level. I hope not as he got heaps of runs last season then was woeful in ODIs, he could be the next one in the long line - Fulton, Papps, Sinclair etc.

ferg512 added 0 Minutes and 44 Seconds later...

Yeah I noticed Flynn is opening has he done that before?

He did it last season as well. Considering the openers we have in NZ at the moment, it's not a bad idea to try opening and attempt to get selected on that basis.

Devcich is a batting all-rounder, hits the ball hard but can provide some left arm off-spin from time to time.

Broom really should only play tests at 6, he doesn't play FC at 3. And he was woeful in ODIs because of the situation he was normally placed in - at 6 he just had to smash the ball around. He was selected in ODIs based on FC form, as was Stewart, while Flynn was originally selected in Tests based on OD form. Doesn't really make sense.

Yeah it doesn't really, shame for Stewart gone for 5 and 0 against Auckland. On another note why are some of the players coming in midway through the first day because they were playing Hong Kong Sixes, they should really get their priorities right and be preparing for these matches. Isn't that the same tournament that Danny Morrison and stuff were playing in last year. No coincidence that none of those players have done anything so far either.

Also why is your keeper batting at 11? I think this may have been brought up before but surely he can't be that bad at batting.

Users who are viewing this thread