New Zealand Domestic Season

Last season and this season he's come on pretty well, he's had two 50's to start this FC season off, and he's now batting five for the biggest province in terms of player depth.

In 08/09 he averaged 51 in FC cricket, then last season he averaged 68.
In T20 cricket last season he average 21 with the bat (at a massive S/R, not exactly sure what it is), and 27 with the ball at a pretty expensive E/R. I guess all the BC's were playing, so that's still decent for a 24 year old, and would have to be in the frame for the next few T20 WC's.

Our three best batsmen out for about 20. Will be a walk in the park for Auckland from here.
Er, I mean Otago :spy

Casual 10 wickets for Wagner, amazing start to the season, really hope he keeps it up.

Nathan McCullum seems to have followed his brother up the order, interesting. Definitely a good move though, rather him bat 3 than Shaun Haig

I'd rather Haig bats up at 3. N McCullum's not like his brother, he's more of a slogger, lower order batsman. I just don't think he's good enough with the bat to be up at 3.

Wagner looks good this season though. Wasn't the greatest last season but his start to this one has been pretty amazing.

I'd rather Haig bats up at 3. N McCullum's not like his brother, he's more of a slogger, lower order batsman. I just don't think he's good enough with the bat to be up at 3.
I feel the same about Haig though. Sure I'd prefer McCullum down the order, but I don't like Haig in the team, Ian Robertson would be my number 3 (He's a top order bat, right?)

Lol, Greg Todd, what a joke.
Why did we bring him up here again?
Leave him down south, as it's now obvious why Otago didn't want him.

All the matches are more or less decided heading into the final day.

I'd say when McIntosh and Martin get back (and when Tuffey and Mills go), our FC line-up should be:

Tim McIntosh
Jeet Raval
Andrew de Boorder
Greg Todd
Anaru Kitchen
Colin de Grandhomme (I'd have Kitchen above him in FC cricket)
Brad Cachopa (is currently opening, so this should add some more depth to our batting)
Andre Adams
Michael Bates (not sure why Gareth Shaw is there ahead of him)
Bhupinder Singh
Chris Martin

Still a pretty useless top seven, but most of our non-playing players are AR's or bowlers, Lance Shaw, Gareth Shaw, Hira, Jimmy Neesham.

This batsmen Dusan Hakaraia got a contract but is yet to make his debut, maybe put him in as the current top four haven't done anything.

I don't know who'll be captain, Hopkins and Mills both won't be here, and Styris and Jones who done the job last season when Hopkins wasn't around both aren't around now.

de Boorder is a really good batsman, Kitchen and Raval aren't bad and McIntosh is McIntosh.

Chewie added 0 Minutes and 23 Seconds later...

de Boorder was vice captain last game so he'd be captain I suppose.

Cricket: Wait goes on for Wagner

That's poor by New Zealand Cricket and Otago cricket. How can they tell someone they have to live and play here for 3 years until they qualify when the rules clearly state 4 years, I wonder how long ago he found out he was under the wrong impression.

Anyone heard of that Mathieson guy from ND? I just heard on the radio Bradley Scott saying he bowls 140-145??

Firstly lol at Northern. :lol

Secondly our top order continues to fail, at least Todd got a few runs though.
de Grandhomme's not really a FC number five, he should be down at six/seven where he can take apart tired attacks late in the day.
I'm also not sure why we're playing five bowlers, plus de Grandhomme, it doesn't really make much sense when none our our batsmen have played international cricket.

Anyone heard of that Mathieson guy from ND? I just heard on the radio Bradley Scott saying he bowls 140-145??

Yeah, Andrew Mathieson. He'd go close to being the quickest bowler in the country, would easily be mid 140's, just a natural bowling freak. He's been talked up for years and probably should of played first class cricket well before today - even though it was a poor start. As long as he doesn't break down he'll get up to 150+

And which channel telecasts the HRV cup staring on Dec 2nd ?? If its sky sport , then people in india might get a chance to watch it because we have sony television network that shares copyrights with sky sport and broadcasts the national NZL matches.

Yeah, sky sport, we only have one lot of sport channels.

We're only halfway through the second day of these matches, and there's already been 12 ducks! :spy

We're only halfway through the second day of these matches, and there's already been 12 ducks!
Guess what, Shaun Haig's one of them. Guess what, I'm not surprised.

Barring another Big Broom partnership, looks like we're heading for a loss.

Well when most of your first string team is away with the national side, it's only natural that we'd struggle.

Same goes for us as well.
I assume we'll be getting McIntosh and Martin back for the next round.

Users who are viewing this thread