New Zealand Domestic Season

Todd Astle must surely be the no.2 spinner in tests for NZ now after that performance.

It was against a extremely weakened ND lineup though. Only 3 of the regular team were playing, and the batting basically stops after the top 4

Chewie added 0 Minutes and 38 Seconds later...

I'd put him at 3 though, behind Vettori and Beard

Beard has probably the greater potential, but Astle has put in alot more noteworthy performances at this stage, thats why I have him as the no.2. Either one though in the short term would be ideal as the no.2 spinner IMO.

It was against a extremely weakened ND lineup though. Only 3 of the regular team were playing, and the batting basically stops after the top 4

You only have three randoms, Bettley, Ivins and Mathieson.

As far as I know the other eight players bar Jono Boult and maybe Brad Wilson played in more or less all your FC matches last season.

If you look at all the number six batsmen in all the teams, there's nothing really in it, Brad Cachopa (Auck), Noema-Barnett (CD), Yovich (ND), Latham (Cant), Woodcock (Well) and Wells (Otago), so it's not like any of the other teams have any decent batsmen outside their top five.

You only have three randoms, Bettley, Ivins and Mathieson.

As far as I know the other eight players bar Jono Boult and maybe Brad Wilson played in more or less all your FC matches last season.

If you look at all the number six batsmen in all the teams, there's nothing really in it, Brad Cachopa (Auck), Noema-Barnett (CD), Yovich (ND), Latham (Cant), Woodcock (Well) and Wells (Otago), so it's not like any of the other teams have any decent batsmen outside their top five.

Scott and Jono Boult would also not play if everyone was fit. Possibly not Devcich either.

Chewie added 0 Minutes and 52 Seconds later...

And Wells, Cachopa and Woodcock are much better than the other three

Easy on Neil Wagner ! Good to see his wickets coming LBW and caught behind.

Otago's so lucky that every one in the tail can bat quite well, our tail has scored the bulk of the runs in quite a few innings this season. Too bad we're no good at the first innings because we seem to have the second sussed. The bowling's doing well, the middle-low order are batting well, if the batsmen pull their fingers out their asses we'd probably have the best team going around.

Same goes for us as well.
I assume we'll be getting McIntosh and Martin back for the next round.

Has Martin moved back to Auckland after just one season back at Canterbury?

Has Martin moved back to Auckland after just one season back at Canterbury?

Yeah, as far as I know he has.
Scroll to the bottom of this.

Actually I don't think we'll be playing McIntosh next round, as it's the HRV cup.

Incase anyone doesn't know, here's confirmation of all the international players for the HRV cup (starting on Thursday):

Auckland Aces: Andre Adams, Jimmy Adams (England)

Northern Knights: Herschelle Gibbs (South Africa), Brad Hodge, David Warner (both Australia)

Central Stags: Michael Yardy, Ian Blackwell (both England)

Wellington Firebirds: Brett Lee (Australia), Luke Wright (England)

Canterbury Wizards: Shaun Tait (Australia), Ryan ten Doeschate (Netherlands), Johan van der Wath (South Africa), Mitchell Claydon (England)

Otago Volts: Darren Stevens, Chris Nash (both England)

Anyone else looking forward to HRV Cup?? I just reckon it will be good to see some domestic cricket again on TV even though its twenty20. Jimmy Adams could be one to watch out for, and I can't wait to go and see Lee charging in at the Basin. Also does anyone know why they didn't delay it a few days till the Blackcaps get back. It seems pretty pointless playing a round of games without them.

It's good to see that Darren Stevens is turning up to play club cricket down here on Saturday.

Yeah that should be interesting. Luke Wright played club twenty20 here on the weekend and got 85 off 45 balls.

What club do they play for, do they chose, or are they just told to play for one?

Northern Districts have signed David Hussey FTR, at this stage he'll only play one game though. He'll fly in for the one against Auckland on Sunday.

Northern Districts have signed David Hussey FTR, at this stage he'll only play one game though. He'll fly in for the one against Auckland on Sunday

thats great to hear, i'll probably go to that match and get as many autographs as possible. :p

Users who are viewing this thread