New Zealand Domestic Season

What club do they play for, do they chose, or are they just told to play for one?

I know here that Wellington cricket decided. I think they chose the weakest team that did not already have an overseas player.

ferg512 added 2 Minutes and 9 Seconds later...

Oh I think he also wanted some match practice and since it was twenty20 weekend they got him a team.

I like the 3rd umpire being able to judge on caught behinds, it kind of makes scene considering outfield catches can be passed on up there.

CD are in a bit of trouble here though, with their two best batsmen already out.

Yardy and Blackwell put on a good partnership there but Blackwell was dismissed by Hodge :lol

On the Cricketer's Show most of the presenters felt that ND would win the HRV cup. Hopefully it comes true.

It was quite funny though when Hodge was arriving and Rigger was there with "ND sucks" on a cardboard sign

Chewie added 4 Minutes and 21 Seconds later...

That was an amazing bit of fielding by Hodge. Ran out Yardy at the non-strikers end diving on the ball and throwing it at the stumps after bowling

All three overseas players have probably more or less set the trend, of it coming down to how well they prefrom until the Blackcaps get back.

And Rig said Hodge didn't shake his hand or some ████, because he though he'd just turned up to kill it or something.

Say in the unlikely scenario that ND win, and none of Hodge/Hussey/Warner/Gibbs other teams get into the CT, will all four of them be able to play for ND at the same time there?

ND in tatters here, Hodge must be thinking wtf, as he's still out there.
Not sure what Watling's doing down at seven, but he's coming out now anyway, and will need to play a blinder along with Hodge if ND are going to have any chance.

CD have a lot of young talent, Worker, N-B, Milne, Bracewell, and a good mixture of experience, Ingram, Sinclair, and their two English players, so may be one of the teams to beat again, especially once you chuck Oram, Taylor, and How back in there.

Re the CL, I dunno. But it's not too unlikely once we have our internationals back.

CD have a whole heap of good young pace bowlers. Hopefully Bond can work with them and develop them over the next few years

I can't really see anyone beating CD tbh (maybe in the odd game but they will certianly win the tournament). They have some of the best bowlers and a really solid middle order, imagine when Taylor and How are back. I also think its a real advantage to have both overseas players for the whole time. Seriously what is ND on? Bringing Hodge over for one game then him fly back and forth, it completely disrupts the team. Same with having Dave Hussey play one game.

I'm thinking another CD - Auckland final.

ND were in tatters tonight, and that was following on from a massive innings defeat.
I don't see Canterbury and Wellington getting anywhere near the final.
I think Otago will struggle without the McCullum brothers for the start and the end.

Of course in the end most matches are 50 - 50, so I wouldn't be surprised if neither CD or Auckland were in the final.

Yeah I completely agree with the CD Auckland final, but I think most twenty20 games can be a lottery. It's a bit of a joke that they couldn't delay it till the black caps get back so at least its an even playing field for the whole thing.

ND will be in the final ;)

Hodge and Hussey are basically here while we wait for Gibbs and Warner to arrive.

When everyone's here we'll be near unstoppable:

(This is the side Howsie posted):
1.Warner/Gibbs
2.Hodge
3.Flynn
4.Styris
5.McGlashan
6.Marshall
7.Vettori
8.Southee
9.Aldridge
10.Boult
11.Arnel

Otago will more than likely struggle this time around. Without the McCullums we lack firepower in the top order. It's strange that we signed two middle order all rounders, surely we should've looked at getting a top order bat.

Hodge will be vital if ND are to make the final. Is he here for the whole tournament? If so he'll be the leading runs scorer, he's awesome.

He's here for the first 4 games. He wasn't timing the ball very well today so I'm not sure how well he'll go. I think Gibbs will be more vital

I'm a fan as well, but he didn't time it well today, apart from one shot off Seth Rance.

It could be to do with having to fly over here

Users who are viewing this thread