New Zealand Domestic Season

What ever happened to Iain Robertson? He's trying to crack the Otago team at the moment and most people I've talked to rate him higher than Darren Broom. Oh well Broom got a ton so I'm not complaining.

Well done Neil Broom, good chance to win this thing now.

Well McGlashan is out for the first two rounds. Not sure why he bats there though. Maybe because it's his first time playing FC cricket and isn't used to the pace that some of the bowlers can get to, etc.

Doesn't NZC pick the Sixes players? if that's the case then it's not really their fault. I'm not sure who played in it last year for us though. Should just get recently retired people to play. Like Bond. Did Diamanti go? He's just retired. And Thompson. Those sort of people.

We have too many batsman that play 4-6 and not enough at 1-3 :facepalm

That's the same with NZC in general, especially the BC's.

What ever happened to Iain Robertson? He's trying to crack the Otago team at the moment and most people I've talked to rate him higher than Darren Broom. Oh well Broom got a ton so I'm not complaining.

Does anyone else remember Greg Hay?
And does anyone know what happened to him?

His last List A match was for NZ A, where he scored more than the likes of Redmond, Guptill, Elliot and Neil Broom.

That's the same with NZC in general, especially the BC's.

Yea I was talking about NZ in general there :p

Does anyone else remember Greg Hay?
And does anyone know what happened to him?

His last List A match was for NZ A, where he scored more than the likes of Redmond, Guptill, Elliot and Neil Broom.

His technique got completely found out I think

He should still be playing domestic cricket though, CD still play Ingram FFS! :spy

I think he still plays club cricket in Auckland but can't break back into the side.

I can't believe he isn't playing, his averages are pretty decent - actually really decent. I thought he retired or something, that is disappointing if he is now only playing club cricket.

I can't believe he isn't playing, his averages are pretty decent - actually really decent. I thought he retired or something, that is disappointing if he is now only playing club cricket.

His averages are decent because of one season. But if his technique was found out and the bowlers know where to target there's no point playing him until he's refined his technique so that he won't get out cheaply. Auckland have some decent batsmen now anyway.

I think so. That's what someone said over at CricketWeb iirc

He should easily be able to make our team, considering no one in our top six has any international experience.

Yuck Redmond and Cumming, YUCK!

Another good effort from Wagner.

Our three best batsmen out for about 20. Will be a walk in the park for Auckland from here.

Well look at our attack, Mills, Adams, and Tuffey.
They'd only just be behind our current attack playing in the test, Martin, Southee, and Arnel.

Pretty funny how Bates can't even make our side, I wouldn't be surprised if he does a bit of a McKay, as we still have Martin who'll be back after the third test. (Although we'll then lose Mills, and maybe Tuffey)

Can't believe CD have started how they have, the only outright winners in the first round, and now they're more than likely going to secure another outright even though it is still early days, yet their line-up is pretty average.

When does de Grandhomme come available for NZ?
Surely he'd walk into our T20I team.

I think he is eligible already. He'd be basically the new Oram, but not as good with the ball I suppose.

CD's got a pretty good youth bowling attack and How, Ingram and Sinclair are good domestic players.

Users who are viewing this thread