New Zealand Domestic Season

Jono Boult brings up his first FC 50, well done :clap Yovich is currently 51*, great start to the season for the big man.

Rain in the north...

And in the capital...

Fulton continues to just dominate the domestic game...
His FC average of 43.75 will continue heading up with this most recent hundred.

I'm surprised he is not playing for the NZ A team against PAK now.

I'm surprised he is not playing for the NZ A team against PAK now.

He should be. He's put his hand up for NZ selection, the NZA batters haven't. He's not really been given a fair chance. If he was an ND player he would have. Now Moles is gone he may have more of a chance.

Fulton has been pretty hard done by by the selectors, it always seems to be Canterbury players who have these issues. McMillan being unfairly dropped, Astle, Cairns being scapegoats towards the end of their careers, all 3 prematurely retiring becazuse of it. Fulton's done well for us in ODIs and hardly got a good run in tests for NZ. He got forced to open which isn't his specialty.

Last edited:
I wouldn't mind seeing Fulton in the test team tbh, he's been scoring runs during the winter also so he must be in good form. I'd bat him at three and move Flynn back down to six.

I dunno if i'd upset where Flynn is playing atm. We're looking long term at him being a #3. Fulton could easily just bat at 5 where Ryder usually does.

I'd 100% select him, whether it's as back up batter or in the XI. He simply deserves it. He deserves a go in the middle order where he prefers as opposed to a makeshift opener.

I like Fulton because he can play at a good tempo. Often he'll take some time to get himself in and then later on he's capable of blasting it, like he is at the moment. Hope he gets a 200. Can't wait to see how Bondy and Marto go with sucha big total. Hopefully they attack!

edit: Damn, Fulton's out. Chris Martin for a 50.

Last edited:
Yeah, he has good the best domestic batting record by any long term player in the country.

Nice work by Chris Martin, he got 10 not out.
That will do wonders for his average.

ND well on top against CD. They will need Sinclair and Taylor to go big, if they want to have any chance at getting a draw.

ND all over CD again, they're currently 22/3 with TA Boult recording five overs, four runs for one wicket. That's five for the match.

out of 13 wickets McGlashan has 9 catches. Might be setting a record here.

He was one catch of equalling the record for most catches in a innings last innings so he might be close to some sort of record for most catches in a game.

Just heard on the radio, he is one off the match record of 10 held by 5 player's... their are still seven more wickets so he will need two to go outright record.

Taylor at his best on the counter attack... 48 off 48, Sinclair also going very nicely.

Taylor gone, questionable decision but McGlashan has the record equaled. Odds are he'll own it all himself.

Peter McGlashan set's the record with his 11th catch, surprised it's not higher tbh.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread