New Zealand Domestic Season

Brad Patton Looking good with a 201 ball century in only his second First class game. He must of started pretty late as hes 29.

It was also a shame to see T Weston Ran out. he has got lots of potential and I'd rather see him covering McCullum instead of Hopkins Tbh

Wellington looks like they will be strong again this year :)

Franklin looks to be in good form with bat and ball get that man on a plane in time for Adelaide.

Brad Patton Looking good with a 201 ball century in only his second First class game. He must of started pretty late as hes 29.

It was also a shame to see T Weston Ran out. he has got lots of potential and I'd rather see him covering McCullum instead of Hopkins Tbh

Well Patton was a former U/19 cricketer, it's a shame that guys like him are forgotten about so quickly and aren't really given as much chance of pursuing their cricket careers.

I agree about Weston, even though he isn't usually the playing keeper, he isn't usually to bad with the gloves, also add to the fact he averages 40, he should be looked at as our back up option.

I guess this year the First Class comp is going to be between CD, ND and Wellington really, maybe you can add Otago as well if they could score quicker, under 2.5 runs an over is a joke really

Last edited:
He was but unfortunately he has a new injury already picked up while fielding. Finger injury. Not sure anything more yet.

I see Doug Bracewell made his debut for CD, he was just playing for the Hawkes Bay Under 19 team a month ago. Lucky enough I got to face him, he is a pretty good bowler aye, gets alot of swing and is quick. Opened the batting too but didn't score too many runs.

Another 100 from Bell today surely he will be Redmond's replacement and Franklin was 50 not out at the end of the days play. Central Districts looking good as well, them and Wellington look the teams to beat. Not sure what is wrong with Oram's finger but he was back bowling today and got a wicket.

Well you can't argue with all those hundreds. He scored one for NZ last season too. I want him back in the side. Was unfairly dropped in my opinion. If they're going to drop players based on 1 series why not drop Redmond for 3 bad series? I don't understand it.

Franklin should make the West Indies series over Elliot. I'd love to see:

Bell
How
Fulton
Ryder
Taylor
McCullum
Oram
Franklin
Vettori
2 of: Southee/O'Brien/Martin/Patel

for the West Indies series. Maybe keep Flynn over Fulton depending on how he does in Adelaide. In my opinion, Flynn either needs to bat up the order or else we need someone who can because McCullum at 5 isn't good. McCullum's strength is attack and when he's comming in after 20 overs (at the rate our top order is going) he can't play his natural game.

Last edited:
I can't see them dropping Flynn he did a solid job in Brisbane. If they end up putting Fulton in it might come at the expense of How. I do not see that happening either but getting How back into first class cricket and getting some big scores under his belt might do him some good hes been out of form for awhile in tests.

1: Bell
2: How/Fulton
3: Ryder
4: Taylor
5: Flynn
6: McCullum
7: Oram
8: Franklin
9: Vettori
10: Southee
11: Martin/O'Brien

Would look at something like that for the First WI test cannot see the pitches being friendly enough for Patel this early in the season.

Bell back again? i'd keep how in there he just recently tonned up against nsw he'll find his feet soon hes a superstar

I'm still leaning towards McIntosh as our new opener but, I admit Bell is probably odds on to take back his posistion in Dunedin, though Ingram could earn a call up after a consistent couple of years. Flynn should be given as much time as posible to cement his spot, especially watching him in the last innings of the 1st test, he started to look very comfortable against international standard attacks. He has free reign until the end of the summer in my opinion, maybe throwing Oram at no.5 when he comes back will allow McCullum to drop down to no.7.

My team for the West Indies

1. How
2. Bell/McIntosh/Ingram
3. Ryder
4. Taylor
5. Oram
6. Flynn
7. McCullum
8. Vettori
9. Franklin
10. Southee
11. O'Brien

Also good too see Williamson & Broom make a few good fifties aswell

What do you guys think about Flynn at 3 in Adelaide? Do we need to make that change? He just seems to have a pretty good technique and would play well around the stroke makers. We don't want to see him continually stranded with the tail. I like Flynn because you can see he prizes his own wicket and won't give it away easily.

I like Daniel Flynn. He may not have made a mass of runs in England, but he certainly showed grit, detirmination and a willingness to work hard to keep his wicket. I think the New Zealand side need someone with that mentality near the top of the order. Bar the openers they've got 3-4 pretty attacking players after that, with Ryder, Taylor, McCullum and Oram, so sticking Flynn at 3 could be a good thing, as the thing that seems to hamper New Zealand is losing consistent wickets. Could be a good plan, Flynn's certainly got the talent to do it from what I've seen.

I would:
Fulton
How
Ryder
Flynn
Taylor
Oram
McCullum
Vettori
Franklin
Southee
Martin/O'Brien/Patel

Who do you think is a better batsman between Vettori and Franklin?

How
Fulton/Bell
Flynn
Taylor
Ryder
McCullum
Oram
Vettori
Franklin
Southee
Martin/O'Brien/Patel

That's what I'd go with. Actually looks a very strong side with Franklin and Oram back in there. Imagine if you could get Bond in there in place of Martin, New Zealand would have 1 heck of team if he was in there. Just a shame he's struggled with injuries and then commited to the ICL really. They'd have a world class side with him in.

Users who are viewing this thread