New Zealand Domestic Season

Another 100 for Franklin could play him just as a batsman right now. :D

Heck, he'll make it as a batsman alone. I just hope he still has his swing and accuracy with the ball. Amazing stuff.

He had a Hernia operation I believe and is returning next game.

Canterbury's inconsistent bowling lineup ran through Wellington in front of the NZ selectors who got to see Shane Bond making everyone hop around. 4 run-outs in 1 innings is unacceptable too, shows the pressure which must have been on.

I seriously think we should just select him. Our test ranking is embarrassing. Let the BCCI hate us.

Taylor hit a nice 46, he's about the only black cap to get some good practice.

But i'm mainly making this post about Chris Martin who took 33-4 from 8.5 overs. Replace Gillespie with him in the squad.

Graham Napier - tearing it up in New Zealand, get him in the ODI team! His FC performances have been impressive too, will be interesting if he ends the season where he is at the moment, at the top of the OD wicket taker chart and second on the FC wicket taker chart.

Oh yeah baby Northern Districts beat Auckland. We seem to be doing well without Moles. Man I hope he doesn't curse New Zealand like he cursed us. No I don't hate And Moles it's just ND had an awful run while he was coach.

Oh btw manee Graham Napier should have been selected for England a long time ago. He was amazing in the English domestic league last year. I would give anything to see him score that 152 again which he scored in a Twenty20.

I don't think he should even be in for his batting, but having that sort of ability down at eight or nine with the potential to promote is a bonus. The key is his bowling, he tops at 90mph, on target and gets enough swing.

He seems pretty good indeed.

Can I make a silly suggestion? Recall Sinclair to the ODI side.

Now, let's think a little bit. He was basically dropped for this poor test performances. Hes been the form One Day batter in domestic. He has experience. He's stayed loyal. He played during 2007 most recently and during that year averaged over 40 yet still got dropped. We need a proper replacement for Styris.

This Neil Wagner guy is pretty good. It would seem he's moved over here from SA. He's a left arm bowler and has a very impressive First Class record and his ListA is damned impressive too. He might be in black in a year or so. Best thing, he's only 22 years old!

Last edited:
He seems pretty good indeed.

Can I make a silly suggestion? Recall Sinclair to the ODI side.

Now, let's think a little bit. He was basically dropped for this poor test performances. Hes been the form One Day batter in domestic. He has experience. He's stayed loyal. He played during 2007 most recently and during that year averaged over 40 yet still got dropped. We need a proper replacement for Styris.

This Neil Wagner guy is pretty good. It would seem he's moved over here from SA. He's a left arm bowler and has a very impressive First Class record and his ListA is damned impressive too. He might be in black in a year or so. Best thing, he's only 22 years old!

Fair point although if we're gonna get into a discussion about a replacement for Styris, Greg Hay is my option.

Damn ND lost to CD.

Yeah a young guy is the best option. I like Hay too, just hasn't been grweat this year and hasn't played many games. Even if they actually used Broom.

Agree about Wagner, he's an amazing prospect with that record he has in both forms of the game. I'm excited by the potential look of our pace attack in the next few years with the likes of Boult, Southee & Wagner. That could potentially be a world class pace attack.

I would say no to both Hay and Sinclair at the moment. Hay for the reason stated above and Sinclair just because he wouldn't offer anything to us, as he's just not cut out for international cricket anymore. I think the right replacement for Styris is already in the side, that is Grant Elliott, who provides the Black Caps with a better bowler and a competent enough batsman as well. With Guptill in the side that team is pretty much set for the long term and if Guptill plays well enough he should be a straight swap for How in the test team, making the top-order in both forms of the game pretty much set for long term if they play to their potential.

They ended up adding Guptill which I didn't foresee. A good choice but as I said in the other thread strange one if he's not opening.

Well if I remember correctly, he has played a fair bit at no.3. So he has experience playing at the spot

Users who are viewing this thread