New Zealand Domestic Season

100 for Franklin on a decent bowling pitch against a good attack featuring Mills and Tuffey

As for Flynn I agree getting him up the order probably won't happen for Adelaide though.

I'm not sure about Fults opening. hes a good player but he doesn't open in FC or anything. I like Fulton but Bell seems to be a better opener

looking forward to franklins return

Whoa! Ingram got a 218 n.o at the moment

Last edited:
Wow, there's a lot of runs being scored. These guys really know there's places up for grabs. Ingram getting a 200 is nice to see, however the rest of his record isn't so pretty. Still, i'm loving seeing people fighting in domestic for this opening spot. It's refreshing to see runs being scored and long innings played.

Franklin is probably a better batsman than Vettori. He's more solid, Vettori can play well in some conditions but he got out the same way in Brisbane playing the ball in the air. Franklin plays more along the ground like a classic batsman. At any rate i'd have him before Vettori if he makes the side again.

Boult's bowled pretty good again by the looks, just dislodged Sinclair after he put up a hundred. Broom's moving towards a hundred, Franklin's piling them on 150* fantastic! These games have turned into 'impress the selectors time' because there's so little time to go.

Last edited:
Wow, there's a lot of runs being scored. These guys really know there's places up for grabs. Ingram getting a 200 is nice to see, however the rest of his record isn't so pretty. Still, i'm loving seeing people fighting in domestic for this opening spot. It's refreshing to see runs being scored and long innings played.

The thing with Peter Ingram is he's been probably one of the most dominant batsman over the last three years in the comp, so his earlier record in first class cricket can be discredited, because he came of age as a batsman.

Franklin will be a dead certainty to be back in the test side for the West Indies Series, with his return, we will return our lower order to it's posistion as the best in the world.

Brilliant 100 by Broom, I really wish there was a spot in the national side for him, as he's our most consistent batsman in FC Cricket, I really want him in the test side, but you can't really find a posistion for him unless you throw him in as a makeshift opener.

Amazing from Franklin I Hope he gets some wickets to back it up. Great innings from Ingram, Broom and Woodcock as well. McIntosh looking good for a possible test call up just got another 50.

McIntosh gets a hundred. If How and Redmond fail again i'd replace both with Bell and McIntosh for West Indies series.

I wouldn't replace How. I really liked what I saw in England and in the away series against New Zealand. He's another player who values his wicket highly and he's got good technical skill, he needs to stay in the side I think, there's no point bringing in 2 inexperienced players at the same time, would just cause problems. I think Jamie How's got a good future for New Zealand, I'd stick with him.

I think he does too, and I like him, but he averages 25 or something from a bunch of tests. He's just not performing for us.

You wouldn't think we have opener issues with all the 100's happening, McIntosh 170 as I am posting this and Watling from Northern just got one as well. I am also confused as to why Styris is still playing first class cricket he has not done much for Auckland this season.

I say McIntosh and Bell will be our openers if How and Redmond both fail at Adelaide. McIntosh should get first priority though, if one of the Black Caps opener's makes a big score and the other fails.

Good to see B.J Watling hit another 100 if he can get a lot more consistent this season and at least push his average up above 32, he would certainly be in contention for the Black Caps side.

I agree that Styris should give up first class cricket, so a young guy like De Boorder can establish himself in first class cricket. He shouldn't be blocking any players chance from trying to earn selection for the Black Caps Test side, when he no longer has the desire to play for them anymore.

Yep, big hundred for McIntosh makes me hope he makes the side first, he deserves it. He just be in such great form.

He just HAS to be selected. His efforts can't go un-rewarded.

Good to see Openers amongst the runs this week, the team I would like to see face the West Indies is.

McIntosh
Redmond(If he plays his natural game)
Flynn(I bet you Andy Moles plays him here)
Taylor
Ryder
Oram
McCullum
Franklin
Vettori
Southee
O'Brien

He's not performing though. How long can we wait?
http://stats.cricinfo.com/statsguru...=1;template=results;type=batting;view=innings

This makes sorry reading.

The only notable score is the 92 (and even there he missed a hundred). Everything else is either nothing or a start without going on. He couldn't even score runs against Bangladesh, at least Redmond got a nice 79 and the 83 one against Australia:

Personally i'd drop them both.

Users who are viewing this thread